Wigan vs Chelsea (Premiership 26/09/09 1500 KO)

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Nice to have Joey and Yuri back.

Any news on Malouda? I read he got injured against QPR. Will he be back for this game or is he out?

I guess Drogba will be back for this game though.

I think we'll start with this team:

Cech

Bosingwa - Riccy - JT - Cole

Essien - Lampard - Ballack - Zhirkov (unless Malouda can play)

Anelka - Drogba

Subs: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Mikel, Kalou, Joey

Some reports are saying Borini looked lightweight against QPR. Hopefully he'll have plenty of time to beef up over the next year or so. Would still like to see him on the bench at Wigan though.

In the 10 mins he had against Spuds, I thought he took up some intelligent and instinctive positions.

Edited by High Street Ken

Although Joey played the full game against QPR, I doubt he'd start in the weekend even if Malouda is not available. Mikel will probably get the nod ahead of him. That is the only change I can see us making from the game against Sp*rs.

As far as bench is concerned I hope Hutch and Borini make it along with Joey. Zhirkov might not.

Edited by rahuldotchelsea

like to see Joey and Zhirkov on the bench. Me, I'd be inclined to rest Drogba, or at least sub him early since I'm still not convinced his injury was as trivial as management are having us believe. On the other hand Anelka also has to be looked after with the Champs League coming up.

--------------------Cech

-Bosingwa-Carvalho-Terry-Ashley

--------------------Essien

--------Ballack--------------Malouda

-------------------Lampard

-----------Anelka------------Borini

Hilario

Ivanovic

Hutchinson

Mikel

Zhirkov

Joey Cole

Drogba

Don't expect to see Drogba start after Spurs, will probably make the bench.

Hopefully, Joey and Zhirkov will come on for Malouda and Ballack at some point in the second half, building them up for their first Premiership start :rolleyes:

We would do well not to get too complacent about Wigan - they can be tough. Plus we should trial Zhirkov in midfield (where he seems to be drawn like a magnet) and Cole in the Hole, with Lampard further back. Thoughts?

Hillario

Bosingwa Alex Terry Cole

Essien

Lampard Zhirkov

Cole

Anelka Drogba

Subs:

Cech

Hutchinson

Malouda

Mikel

Kalou

We would do well not to get too complacent about Wigan - they can be tough. Plus we should trial Zhirkov in midfield (where he seems to be drawn like a magnet) and Cole in the Hole, with Lampard further back. Thoughts?

Hillario

Bosingwa Alex Terry Cole

Essien

Lampard Zhirkov

Cole

Anelka Drogba

Subs:

Cech

Hutchinson

Malouda

Mikel

Kalou

Bar Cech this will have to be our strongest squad.

Like to see Zhirkov in action a few times before I'm convinced he should start ahead of Ballack. Joey/Malouda/Kalou all much of a muchness. Joey is the clear pick when at his best, but again far from convinced that he's at his best right now.

Wigan are poor so id leave Drogs out unless we need him because i think we will be far too strong for them and i can see an easy 2-0 win without too much trouble. Id like to see Joey get a run out at some stage , the more miniutes the better and with fool coming up next week id like to think we have options .

Like to see Zhirkov in action a few times before I'm convinced he should start ahead of Ballack. Joey/Malouda/Kalou all much of a muchness. Joey is the clear pick when at his best, but again far from convinced that he's at his best right now.

I think Wigan is precisely the squad to:

1. Give Zhirkov and Cole a run out again, with our two strikers

2. Give Cech a rest, just in case standing around in goal with nothing to do against Spurs made him strain something... :)

I think we'll need Drogba. Wigan are no pushovers, and they have big, strong defenders. Exactly the kind of people who have given us a hard time in the past, and who we'll need the Drog in order to dominate.

I think that we'll win this match without Drogba... Wigan is very low, they lost with MU 0-5 and with Arsenal 0-4, so I hope that it will an easy game... :)

I don't think we'll see too much of a change in teh starting line up, I think that the main difference will be on the bench. I feel that Borini and Hutchinson will pretty much have seen the end of Premiership matches until injuries force them back to the bench.

What I think we'll see is

..........................Cech

Bosingwa........Carvalho...Terry.......Ashley

............................Essien

................Ballack.............Malouda

..........................Lampard

............Anelka...................Drogba

Turnbull

Belletti

Ivanovich

Zhirkov

Mikel