What Anelka said..

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Check this out.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...top-at-Kop.html

Do you think Anelka is saying that meaning he can do better than teaming up with Drogba? I mean why say that when he is suppose to be happy at Chelsea and he said himself he'd rather team up front with Drogba than anyone else? OR, Is he saying that as in to throw a cheap dig at Liverpool to say and show what he could have been or done there basing what he's doing now with Chelsea and Drogba?

I dunno how to view that. It's quite confusing although like evryone else I would like to believe it's the 2nd thing I said :lol:

Don't think this really means a thing. He's been taken MASSIVELY out of context. The actual quote in the piece says that he thought he played just as well if not better than he is now while on loan at Liverpool. There's no comment to suggest he would have played well with Torres or anything to do with playing for Liverpool. More than anything he seems to be having a dig at Liverpool for not taking enough notice in 2001. Typical from this particular tabloid.

Just sounds like he played the same role at Liverpool, and he thought his form was better then. I think he's mostly irritated with people not giving him the credit he deserved. Another comment twisted and relabeled to sound like a big controversy.

Edited by Matt F

Sounds like he's just having a bit of a pop at Liverpool isn't he? And Rafa (or was it Houllier?) for making a mistake and not keeping him?

He's happy at Chelsea, I'm sure of that. He's constantly smiling whenever he plays and both the fans and players love him. He's just trying to point out that Liverpool are missing out, and they are.

Also from The Sun Anelka Likes His Role at Chelsea

NICOLAS ANELKA will return to action against Hull this weekend revelling in the freedom Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has given him.

The French striker has not played since he scored in the Blues' 2-1 win over Portsmouth last month because of a hamstring injury.

But Ancelotti has confirmed the forward will return against the struggling Tigers.

France international Anelka, 30, is now hoping to rediscover the form he showed before he was sidelined.

And he has no doubts that his transformation from an out-and-out target man into a more free, creative role behind Didier Drogba has been a success.

He said: "I wanted to show everyone I could play there and I wanted, even if I I'm not scoring a lot of goals, to be creative in the middle of the pitch.

"I knew I could do it well. I'm not on the pitch just to score, I'm on there first to win and play well and then, if I have the chance to score too, that's even better.

"I like this position and I enjoy my football when I'm playing there. This role is maybe why I am more consistent, even if we did not always have good results during December.

"But we are playing against big teams every game and, if they stay back against us, it is hard for us to score. Even so, we are still first in the league and we will try our best to stay there now.

"I wanted to play this position when I first came to Chelsea, with Didier in front and me just behind. I always said that.

"This season, the manager gave me the chance to do it — to be free on the pitch — and I feel good.

"The freedom I have now puts me in a position where I can be up front sometimes, playing the striker, then I can be behind later in the same game or a left or right-winger.

"It gives me the chance to have some versatility and that is why I do what I do. Not a lot of people knew I could do this and I don't think Carlo knew me like a midfielder before he came here."

Yeah definately....

Drogba isn't effective without Anelka doing the hard work, and making dangerous runs, and putting in dangerous balls.

Then again, I think Anelka is more effective (in terms of performance, not goals) with Drogba as well.

Yeah definately....

Drogba isn't effective without Anelka doing the hard work, and making dangerous runs, and putting in dangerous balls.

Then again, I think Anelka is more effective (in terms of performance, not goals) with Drogba as well.

Match made in heaven. :laugh2:

When we signed him 2 years ago, I was over the moon, I thought he would be an ideal partner/stand in for Drogba.

He took advantage of Drogbas absence last season, and ended up the leagues top scorer. When was the last time a teams 'second' choice striker became the premierships top scorer ? ..(if ever).

The most underated player in the club, its all been said already, he floats around the pitch, hes always available and has a great knack of pulling defenders out of position.

If he can manage another 3 seasons at the club, he may end up one of our biggest legends yet.

Theres only one Nico.........NICO !

Agree Coco, the whole 'Le Sulk' tag seems redundant now, and he's been a model pro for us and a key part of our team. He just seems very happy and relaxed, which has been a huge plus for us.

He could do with some more songs though, any thoughts?