Kalou, Benayoun and Lampard

Bobbywoodhogan
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Would like to know this myself. Obviously Lampard is still recovering from his hernia operation, but he should be somehwat close to coming back.

Alsithough Benny and Kalou are not exactly first team regulars, they offer us more coming off the bench than what we have right now.

How bad were their injuries, and any reports on what they acutally were?

According to Carlo Ancelotti (speaking on Friday), Kalou and Benayoun are both expected back in around three weeks, after the next international break. Not sure about Frank. Carlo said he still wasn't 100% so wasn't being risked.

According to Carlo Ancelotti (speaking on Friday), Kalou and Benayoun are both expected back in around three weeks, after the next international break. Not sure about Frank. Carlo said he still wasn't 100% so wasn't being risked.

Cheers Hutch,

I didn't see the blackpool game, so I wasn''t sure what had happened to Benny or Kalou. From what I saw, Yossi looked to have pulled up trying to get to a throughball from McEchran, so I'd imagine it was a hamstring? But I don't know what happened to Kalou... was it a tackle, or did he just pull up too?

Cheers Hutch,

I didn't see the blackpool game, so I wasn''t sure what had happened to Benny or Kalou. From what I saw, Yossi looked to have pulled up trying to get to a throughball from McEchran, so I'd imagine it was a hamstring? But I don't know what happened to Kalou... was it a tackle, or did he just pull up too?

You mean the Newcastle game? Very similar to Benayoun, I think Kalou just pulled a muscle or something. It certainly wasn't as a result of a tackle. It was another one of those unlikely coincidences that happen from time to time, like losing our first and second choice keepers to injury against Reading, or that game where two of our players (I forget the one, or the players involved) jumping for the ball accidentally elbowed opposition players within a couple of minutes. This time it was two of our players pulling up injured.

Just something regarding Lampard's injury on BBC 606.

comment by HotdogSalesman (U14491026)

posted 1 Hour Ago

Lampard, with his slap-me face, is best left out of the England setup.

As for his "creativity" ....

He is one dimensional. He may fit well into the Chelsea setup, and if they want him they can have him ..... but I don't see him as a major loss for either England or Chelsea. Chelsea have other midfielders who I feel bring more to their team than he does.

And this is exactly why I don't use their forums, I don't even know how to respond to that.

There was talk that he was willing to halve his wages as well.

I'm not entirely sure why we sent Matic out on loan when we're short on midfielders.

Yeah of all the guys we sold Ballack would have been the one I would have kept. That said we're doing well without him. Matic perhaps wasn't up to the standard just yet.

I personally think Essien's rise as a playmaker is helping cover Frank a lot. Though not sure who'll play in midfield against Arsenal, whether it's Ramires or Zhirkov. Personally if we're gonna play Zhirkov I'd prefer to see Malouda played inside and Yuri played on the wing, Malouda actually has a right foot which always helps playing in central midfield, and he was reasonably convincing there at the end of last year. Perhaps Carlo sees no reason to negate our best creative outlet by shouldering him with the other burdens of midfield.

• 1 month later...

All indications are that Frank will be ready to play at Anfield. The following brief article is from the Mail, but news of his expected return was also voiced earlier on tonight on Chelsea TV:

Frank Lampard set to return for Chelsea against Liverpool

Frank Lampard is expected to make his return from injury against Liverpool on Sunday.

The Chelsea midifielder has been out since having hernia surgery at the end of August but manager Carlo Ancelotti is confident Lampard will return at Anfield after starting training last week.

‘Lampard started training with the team this week,’ said Ancelotti.

‘I don’t think he will be ready for tomorrow (against Spartak Moscow) but for the next game in the Premier League against Liverpool.

LINK

It's great that we've been winning without Frank, something that we didn't last year which is win games while key players were out.

That being said though we have struggled lately, be nice if Lamps can re-inject some enthusiasm back into the game and help us get our swagger back.

I'm not going to get my hopes up because he can still miss more games. But it would be wonderful to get him back against Liverpool. Though I do wonder if we will really let him start in that one seeing as he's been out for quite some time now. Is he really ready?

Well if he is back for Anfield it will surely only be a sub appearance.

I'll be extremely surprised if Lamps is back for the Liverp**l match. Read a good article in The Times on Saturday and he admitted he was still some weeks away from full fitness.

After the hernia op, he managed to tear a groin muscle (well done Christine) and he admitted he can't afford to risk it too early. No point him playing if he doesn't feel he's fit enough to make a surging run into the box.

Which is exactly what Christine said to him the other night!

I have a theory that his slow recovery from injury is because Christine has to get up early for work, or something, whereas Drogba's partner can sleep in, maybe.