Don't do it, it's a trap!

Would you play Anelka in the "trequartista" role?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play Anelka in the "trequartista" role?

• Yes
    • No
    • F*ck no, what are you f*cking stupid?

I could see giving it a shot. Clearly he isn't a natural trequartista but would be more of a attacking midfielder/deep lying forward. I think this could suit Anelka well. He already loves to drop deep into the midfield and he's also a striker so he could make his way into the box or find space out wide and be very effective.

I do think Anelka will get a go there, but so will Malouda, I think for Sunday's game if Carlo were to play that system (which I don't think he will to start with) we'd start with Malouda due to him being more willing to do the midfield side of the job. Against teams that we can dominate though I think Anelka will get his chance.

Isn't that what Nico already does for us?

I'm confused!

Kind of, I think in this case he's saying should he play further back, in the typical number 10 role as more of an attacking midfielder than an actual striker.

But I agree, that in honesty, it probably wouldn't effect Nico's game that much.

To be fair though, he had possibly the best game of his Chelsea career less than a week ago and was instrumental in helping us get 3 points. Let's leave him to that position for a bit huh?

Is there really much of a difference between this and what he was doing against Sunderland? Dont mess with a good thing, leave him there as long as he isnt expected to track back and add steel to the midfield. He was on fire after 90 minutes and might come out white-hot again, so I say we give it a shot.

Long term, I would agree with the others: Malouda, Josh, or someone else. Unless getting Torres means we cant do the 4-3-3 like before and Anelka's best role is going to be negated, then I wouldnt make the switch unless he totally thrives in the role