Eden Hazard ...

Hutch

... is a name that's been touted around these parts for some time now. Apologies if there's already a thread dedicated to the player, if there is I couldn't find it.

With the January transfer window just closed what better time to look forward to the close season transfer window [mild sarcasm alert]. And French newspaper L’Equipe has us already making an approach, the player himself "keen to push through a move" so goes goal.com's interpretation of the original Francais.

So here' you have goal.com reporting L’Equipe, also picked up by the Mail as a footnote to their story about Real Madrid's interest in Frank Arnesen. The big question is, will this thread have reached Neymar or Aguerro like proportions come August. Place your bets.

Lille sensation Eden Hazard keen on Chelsea move – report

Chelsea have made an approach for Lille winger Eden Hazard, according to L’Equipe, with the player keen to push through a move.

The 20-year-old winger is already a two-time winner of Ligue 1’s Young Player of the Year award and is widely regarded as one of the top prospects in the European game.

Many elite level clubs are presently tracking the exciting Belgian, whose direct dribbling style has earned him comparisons to Lionel Messi.

Hazard’s interest appears to have been piqued by the London club, with the French publication indicating that he has asked his agents to investigate a potential deal further.

Contracted to les Dogues until 2014, the paper reports that it would take a bid of around £21 million to prise him away from Le Championnat’s current leaders.

LINK

Hutch, forget about Aguero and Neymar. I'm going to make my contribution to this being Musical Connections-esque.

i would love, if we dont sign aguero hazard man utd arsenal to sign

and he to score about 25 goal in first season

and to see some expert in forum when say he dont deserve wage / Money

if berbatov worth 32 M

Aguero Hazard worth 50 M

I must say that I know absolutely nothing about this guy. Can't even remember seeing his name in a line-up for a game. Only time I've seen his name - apart of course from hearing rumours about him signing for a new team - is in FM11 and I don't see much of him there either.

Maybe I should watch Lille play sometime and see what the big deal is about this fellow.

He was dubbed the "next Ronald//messi" at a very young age. He has amazing ball skills, control, and pace. The only thing he hasn't produced the goal numbers, but he is only 20. Great young player.

My only thing with Hazard is that we have Kakuta. If Kakuta would have been playing in the French league since he was 17, how productive would he have been. I say he could have put up similar numbers. It is a much easier league and they are very similar players.

Edited by BrewCrew

He was dubbed the "next Ronald//messi" at a very young age. He has amazing ball skills, control, and pace. The only thing he hasn't produced the goal numbers, but he is only 20. Great young player.

My only thing with Hazard is that we have Kakuta. If Kakuta would have been playing in the French league since he was 17, how productive would he have been. I say he could have put up similar numbers. It is a much easier league and they are very similar players.

couldnt agree more if anything kakuta has more in his locker hazards games based on speed kakuta has some serouse flair of the unexspecred

couldnt agree more if anything kakuta has more in his locker hazards games based on speed kakuta has some serouse flair of the unexspecred

There is more than 1 position up for grabs in the side, lets have both of them.

I wouldn't even say they played in the same position, kakuta is a number 10, hazard can also play there but is much more of winger. peolpe can speculate that kakuta would have won 2 young French player of the year awards had he been in France, but there's no doubting the fact that hazard is as good or better than kakuta.

I think players that have come from the French league have tended to do well in England, I'd have him over sanchez, because I think he's better, would find it easier to settle and if we pursue lukaku, it would be good having 2 Belgians.

Update.

Lille director general Frederic Paquet has issued a warning to Chelsea after reports they had announced their interest in Eden Hazard.

French sports paper L'Equipe put Hazard on its front page on Friday, claiming Chelsea had announced their interest in the winger and would be prepared to pay €25 million for him.

Chelsea are said to have contacted the player directly with a view to a move in the summer, while Hazard himself was said to have asked his agents to look at the proposal in more detail.

Paquet has been infuriated by the claims. "If Chelsea have contacted Eden, we are officially offended," he said in L'Equipe. "This is not the way things are done.

"It's been three years since Eden Hazard began attracting the interest of the top European clubs, but nobody is selling. We are currently holding discussions with Eden over how we can put together a long-term project with him, but maybe our message was not strong enough. We want to clarify it."

Hazard, 20, was twice voted best youngster in Ligue 1 and was in the team of the season for 2009-10. This season again he has been a significant factor for Lille, with his three goals and six assists helping the side to the top of the Ligue 1 table.

Arsenal's Arsene Wenger earlier this year voiced his admiration for the young winger, who at the time quoted Arsenal and Real Madrid as his dream destinations should he leave Lille.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/879134/lille-angry-over-reports-chelsea-are-targeting-eden-hazard?cc=5901

25 Million Euro would be a fair price. I think this all depends as to who goes in the summer. I'd rather we just go into the summer, act quick and be done with it. However, we don't want to buy before selling.

I also think that Kakuta and Hazard are not one and the same. If we play 4-3-3. I'd see Hazard as a Malouda type player, just wider in position

Definitely a winger. Seems to play more on the left wing than the right. Cut inside type player.

This is from Soccernet:

Strengths: A defender's nightmare, Hazard can dribble at pace and, like Lionel Messi, he is 5ft 7in and has a low centre of gravity that helps him breeze past opposition players. He has an eye for the spectacular and has scored some memorable solo efforts.

Weaknesses: Hazard's work-rate has questioned by his club and national team bosses, so much so that Lille coach Rudi Garcia dropped him earlier this season in a bid to spark him back into life. His strike-rate is also somewhat erratic and while he creates plenty of goals for others, he must start to score more himself.

Edited by footballoholic

I'll be honest I'm just basing this on The Lille/Toulouse game I watched the other night, I kept an eye open for Hazard and although he had a good game it wasn't spellbinding. Got to agree with Soccernet's analysis above on his work rate, mediocre at best. He's a 'waiter' he'll wait out on the wing until someone gives him the ball, then he will impress, but don't ask him to do much else.

I know, I know, it's just one game and he could have been having a stinker by his standards I don't know, but just giving my opinion on that game for anyone who's interested.

• 2 weeks later...

He doesn't come to Chelsea this summer, Hazard renewed the contract with Lille for until 2015. I think that Gervinho and Sow have more chances to leave the club.

Edited by Zeros

Hazard renewed the contract with Lille for until 2015.

I'm not saying he will come to Chelsea or leave for any other club, but the improved contract doesn't mean much. Lille will just get more money now if they sell him.