Will Roman still be interested if we dont make the CL

barak81

As we know he's after that competition, its the one he want's. If we are not even in the competition will he loose interest.

In buisness terms, and thats what it is now we are talking at least a 60 million pound loss by failing to make the Champions Legue.

I doubt he'd lose interest. In fact, I think it'd have the opposite effect.

If we know anything about Roman is that the man's got tremendous ego, ambition and drive. He wants his club to ber the best out there, to win the biggest trophies and play the best kind of football. Leaving Chelsea in a state where the club is in crisis, out of the CL and with the core of the team past their prime makes absolutely no sense for him from both personal or business points of view.

Spending 70m on Torres and David Luiz is just the beginning of building a new Chelsea side, I think. Whether Carlo will still be there to oversee this process I don't know, but he was Roman's choice for a manager for many years and for that reason he may survive what would certainly cost others their job.

I think Roman is a winner, how he amassed his fortune and the dubious versions from people that want to call his money mafia money or whatever is immaterial, you just don't get that sort of money if you're not a winner.

Winners are not usually prone to giving up and I think that stands as much in his Hobby (if thats what the club is) as in his Business.

I would have thought the doubts about his perseverance would have been all but put to Bed by the seventy odd million he just laid out and being as he bought Luiz who can't play in this years CL he must be thinking of the future.

Obviously he could have been thinking of next season only and expecting us to be in it (as I still do) but I would have thought the thought crossed his mind that we might not make it and he carried on with a view to making it a lot easier next season.

Roman has his ego and rightly so as I would be pretty proud of myself had I achieved what he has so I don't see him going anywhere until we've not only won the CL but cemented our place at the very top of Euopes elite and even then after him saying he would pass the Club down to his son later on why should we doubt him? I don't like a lot of things he appears to do (meddling in transfers and sacking people) but I don't even know if half the things I don't like are even true, one thing I do know is I have never had reason to think he is a liar and so far he has contributed a ludicrous ammount of money to the cause and I don't see him cutting his losses any time soon.

Edited by Chippy

I doubt he'd lose interest. In fact, I think it'd have the opposite effect.

Spending 70m on Torres and David Luiz is just the beginning of building a new Chelsea side, I think. Whether Carlo will still be there to oversee this process I don't know, but he was Roman's choice for a manager for many years and for that reason he may survive what would certainly cost others their job.

I agree,

The January plunge was enough to convince me, but it may prove even shrewder knowing had he not done it and we failed to

qualify for next years CL there is no doubt at all Torres and Luiz would have been wearing other colours come the summer.

The problem then comes how to get back in it and how to attract the type of player we need with the ambition to get us there.

In short what we will then need is hungry players, I seriously doubt if Drogba or Anelka would want to rise to the challenge, one

thing is for sure at all costs we need to keep Lampard and Terry as experienced hands on deck and give youth a hand.

Roman with hindsight might well regret not acting earlier, the double may have covered up a thousand sins!

Edited by Star

Sheik Mansour threw a ton of cash at Citeh when they weren't in the CL. If we fail (and this is looking a possibility) I think Roman will fire a chunk at us to get the team back to where he feels we "should" be!

I dont think he would lose interest, moreover, I dont even think there's a reason to worry whether he'd lose interest or not. Contrary to what the opposition fans and media would have us believe, we certainly wont go down the drain if Roman were to walk. We're a big name in world football and I am sure there would be many suitors if Roman decides to put us up on sale.

I think Roman is a winner, how he amassed his fortune and the dubious versions from people that want to call his money mafia money or whatever is immaterial, you just don't get that sort of money if you're not a winner.

Winners are not usually prone to giving up and I think that stands as much in his Hobby (if thats what the club is) as in his Business.

I would have thought the doubts about his perseverance would have been all but put to Bed by the seventy odd million he just laid out and being as he bought Luiz who can't play in this years CL he must be thinking of the future.

Obviously he could have been thinking of next season only and expecting us to be in it (as I still do) but I would have thought the thought crossed his mind that we might not make it and he carried on with a view to making it a lot easier next season.

Roman has his ego and rightly so as I would be pretty proud of myself had I achieved what he has so I don't see him going anywhere until we've not only won the CL but cemented our place at the very top of Euopes elite and even then after him saying he would pass the Club down to his son later on why should we doubt him? I don't like a lot of things he appears to do (meddling in transfers and sacking people) but I don't even know if half the things I don't like are even true, one thing I do know is I have never had reason to think he is a liar and so far he has contributed a ludicrous ammount of money to the cause and I don't see him cutting his losses any time soon.

This