First time going to SB

Dubai_blue

Hi guys!

So I got an email saying Chelsea copenhgagen has gone on general sale. So I thought, WHY NOT? Tomorrow will be my first game at the bridge!

I guess what I want to ask is about etiquette? I think it could be quite intimidating going to a game for the first time. I wasn't lucky enough to have a father or brother that were footy fans to take me when I wa a young un. Any do's and donts will be much appreciated! Please! I'll be sitting in west upper.

Also, where would be the best place to park? I don't mind spending a few extra bob to get closer to the stadium. Long drive back and I don't fancy a trek to the car as I am lazy.

Also, mods, if I have put this in te wrong place please feel free to move it!

Sorry guys, I do realise alot of people post similar questions! I never read the answers to be honest!

Sooooo excited! I'm gonna see Torres score his first goal!

Just enjoy it mate. Get involved in the atmosphere if you can/want to. Not sure how much there will be in the west upper but you'll have a good view.

Cant help on the parking front though, I always get the tube.

Don't stand on the corner with a red scarf round your neck........

Do, just do whatever you fancy, within reason. Seriously though there is very little intimidating about going to a match at Chelsea, unless you've never been in a crowd before. If you fancy some time in a pub (don't drink and drive) then go to any of them around the ground, there will be differing degrees of atmosphere but all are pretty safe. If you want to just wander around soaking up the feel of it all, do it you'll be pretty safe. If you want to get to your seat to sample the pre-match build up and see the ground filling, then do it.

It's your night mate, just enjoy it. No-one will be out to ruin it for you unless you want to stand and shout a lot, if you do you're in the wrong place.

As for parking, I've got no idea.

Also, where would be the best place to park? I don't mind spending a few extra bob to get closer to the stadium. Long drive back and I don't fancy a trek to the car as I am lazy.

For evening and Sunday matches I park on the single yellow lines on North End Road, but make sure you are north of Lillie road because the time limits are from 8pm south of that. Not far to walk and generally easy to find a place.

Have a great time

kev

My advice if your driving is to park near North End Road, somewhere like Star Road. its easy to park there after 6pm and its free. Also its only a 10 min walk to the Bridge from there.

Go to the So Bar (opposite the west stand entrance) for some proper pre-match atmosphere.

Enjoy the game and Cheer the team on. Not enough people do this at a home game so get yourself involved!

KTBFFH

If you need to come into Fulham from over Wandsworth Bridge, you will come straight up to Porcelonsa kitchen and bathrooms, turn right at this junction into Town Mead Road. You can normally park down here and walk to Kings Road in a couple of minutes. We did this in a mid week game last year after taking advice from a mate who drives regularly and this was fine, parking meters easy to find, especially if you cut down William Morris road that leads towards Sainsbury's and runs parallel to Towns Mead Road.

When people have commented you are in the wrong place to shout and stand, they are probably referring to the West Stand Upper being a quieter stand than the Shed or MH, so you will not find it intimidating up there at all.

Just enjoy the game, it should be entertaining.

Not sure whereabouts you live, but if you are coming via train I'd recommend getting off at Parson's Green, there's some decent family pubs down there too, hopefully we can get a result and pull through. I generally prefer away games though, much better atmosphere. :JC_doubleup:

Haha. He did play ACTUALLY. Was very surprised how fast he actually was! I think TV doesn't really give the speed at which these guys run justice!

All in all was a FANTASTIC day out. Went to Fulham Broadway and watches movie first (to keep the mrs quiet! I know, whipped!) then had a burger at tex Mex there before heading to the ground and watching it fill up.

Didn't have the privilege to see a goal but was really disappointed At how quiet our lot were! The copenhaygen fans were awesome all game!

Anyhoo, just thought I'd let you guys know how it went. Thanks everyone who replied!