Championship Promotion Race

Myles_91

It's looking like QPR are near dead certs to come up which will be a nuisance as it is another London derby and another team that view their match with us as a cup final. Although QPR like to talk it up as a derby for me they are an irrelevance and we have bigger fish to fry.

At the moment the table looks like this

1 QPR 38 76

----------------------------------------

2 Norwich 38 67

----------------------------------------

3 Swansea 38 66

4 Cardiff 38 63

5 Leeds 38 61

6 Forest 38 60

7 Reading 37 57

8 Burnley 37 57

9 Watford 38 56

10 Hull 38 56

11 Leicester 38 55

12 Millwall 38 54

13 Pompey 38 54

I'd say anyone from Pompey upwards has a realistic shout taking form and quality into consideration.

I would rather QPR not come up but that is now looking certain, my worry is that Millwall, Cardiff or Leeds could follow them.

I was personally thrilled to see the back of Dirty Leeds, but it's looking like they might not go away for a while. As for Cardiff given the amount of trouble they caused at the Bridge last season it might be best for fans of both clubs if they don't come up but they have been knocking on the door for a while now, can you imagine what police presence will have to be like at every English ground they go to? Us, Spammers, Spuds, Merc City, Wolves and Birmingham in particular (assuming all have PL status) next season if they come up?

Same applies for Millwall, whilst it would be fun seeing them at the Spammers go at it again, :Connie_threaten: i'd rather also not see them come up.

I'd rather Swansea and Forest take the 2nd and last spot. Swansea have got a few of our ex players/players and I'd like to see Brendan Rodgers have some success given what he has done for some of our boys. Also have a soft spot for Forest as well.

Edited by Myles_91

can you imagine what police presence will have to be like at every English ground they go to? Us, Spammers, Spuds, Merc City, Wolves and Birmingham in particular (assuming all have PL status) next season if they come up?

Can you imagine what it would be like if they end up playing Swansea in the final of the playoffs? Would be a logistical nightmare to police them coming all the way up from Wales and then going back - can't separate the fans the whole way, they've got to get on the same train...

Can you imagine what it would be like if they end up playing Swansea in the final of the playoffs? Would be a logistical nightmare to police them coming all the way up from Wales and then going back - can't separate the fans the whole way, they've got to get on the same train...

:shok:

:laugh2:

for a laugh have a look at QPR forums, the way they keep going on about them being our rivals next season is so cute....

They talk it up as some sort of El Classico.

It is hilarious how they and Fulham fight each other over who is our rival when in reality we don't give a hoots about either of them :laugh2:

Mrs PorkpieBlue is a Leicester fan (yeah - I know !) and her three lads are Forest season ticket holders so the Championship race figures quite prominently in our house. Love to see them both go up coz that means two more local games for me to catch Chels.

And the bragging rights of course.......... ::ChELSeAFaN::

I'd like to see Leeds come back up - games against them have a special rivalry, and besides, what's the point of hating them if you can't play and beat them?

I've always had a soft spot for Millwall, so it'd be great to see them get promoted too - highly unlikely though.

Swansea, for the Chelsea connections, Cardiff for the fans, Burnley 'cos I like 'em

QPR are an insipid bunch of w*nkers, and Norwich and Forest are irrelevant to me.

So, it's Leeds, Swansea & Cardiff for me!

Swansea as I admire Brendan Rogers as a coach and reckon he'll be back with us one day

Burnley for Jack Cork

Millwall as the home and away games would be wonderful and hopefully if the pikies stay up they should manage to get each other a 15 point deduction

Apprently leeds have released playoff FINAL ticket news to their fans already.

They did that when they met Millwall a few years ago, in the play-off semi final. They'd even fully booked a place near Wembley prior to going through.

I actually went to he game with a mate who had a spare ticket, and we thoroughlly enjoyed the sandwiches laid on by the Leeds fans who'd pre-ordered and pre-paid for them in their arrogance. :laugh2:

They did that when they met Millwall a few years ago, in the play-off semi final. They'd even fully booked a place near Wembley prior to going through.

I actually went to he game with a mate who had a spare ticket, and we thoroughlly enjoyed the sandwiches laid on by the Leeds fans who'd pre-ordered and pre-paid for them in their arrogance. :laugh2:

:rofl: