Bullet well and truly dodged

dkw

Phil Scolari has spoken about his ill fated stay with us, but after reading this I think it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

"It was my fault that I could not control the locker room in different situations, I tried to do something about that and I tried to sign Robinho, because I wanted someone who could improvise. In England, you need someone like that.

I also tried a switch to release Drogba for Adriano, because Adriano was having some problems at Inter. I told the directors that I could manage his behaviour problems.

He [Drogba] wanted to recover from injury in a big clinic in Paris, in the summer, I said no. Anelka, who never scored much against anyone, was my top scorer. When Drogba recovered, I couldn't take Anelka out.

Ballack was always a little angry because Deco was signed and I had indicated him. But I indicated Deco not to take Ballack out but to add to the squad. But I couldn't explain that. Probably I couldn't express myself the way I normally do in Brazil."

Yeah, wow.....he really was out of his depth at Chelsea.

It's funny, because before he joined, my belief was that his biggest strength was his ability to motivate and "father" players in the way Mourinho did. Boy was I wrong on that one.

How can it be considered a dodged bullet, when he managed to mess up the team so badly? It would have been a dodged bullet if we had never appointed him as a manager. I still remember my initial reaction when it was announced on television: "NOOOOOO!" :shok:

How can it be considered a dodged bullet, when he managed to mess up the team so badly? It would have been a dodged bullet if we had never appointed him as a manager. I still remember my initial reaction when it was announced on television: "NOOOOOO!" :shok:

Because we could have ended up without Drogba and stuck with Adriano and Robinho if he had stayed any longer.

Because we could have ended up without Drogba and stuck with Adriano and Robinho if he had stayed any longer.

Sure, it could have been worse. We were about to be shot in the face, but we were lucky and the bullet just tore off a piece of our ear.

It's quite amazing just how bad Scolari was.

We saw quite early on when he had joined us that this was a man who didn't have a clue.

Then he finally got sacked and Hiddink came in. We then learned that Scolari hadn't even given the players the right practise so everyone was far from 100%.

And now, years after he's been sacked, we get stories like this. This must be the third one I've seen since he left and in not one of them has he appeared to have done something good at Chelsea.

And Drogba for Adriano? Is he insane!?

Robinho and Adriano together. It's enough for anyone to feel sick.

True, I've stated before that I think Adriano could have turned out well with the right manager (José perhaps), but to give up Drogba for him? Hell no!

Could Scolari be the worst manager we have ever had?