Random Rumours

Money
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

18 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

We probably should look at 2nd tier players with experience to fill out the squad, the type that’s reliable and know how to win games.

Jarrod Bowen for example.

Perhaps Kalvin Phillips too. His stock will be really low at the moment, might be a shrewd buy if he rediscovers Leeds form. He was as highly rated as Declan Rice at one point.

Firmino could be a decent cheap option for one season.

I feel these are the sort of players we should be looking at, rather than splashing 120m on Osimhen who could end up being another flop.

All three horrible examples

“Despite links with Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain will decide on Xavi Simons’ future at the end of the season, conversations will take place in the next weeks,” Romano wrote in his column of the €80m valued star.

“Nothing is concrete at this stage, I’m told; Leipzig told PSG that they’d love to keep Xavi on loan for one more year, but it’s up to PSG now and I’m told the player will also be involved in the decision.”

Jan Oblak --- after 10 years in Spain --- Chelsea are interested in the 31 year old goalkeeper.  Apparently.  He is a good keeper. Most of us are quite happy with Petrovic.  We also have Sanchez and we are most likely getting Kepa back.  Oblak is an older player and we do need some experienced players. 

Thoughts. Always interested in the thoughts of the experts around here.

49 minutes ago, TheCeleryKing said:

Jan Oblak --- after 10 years in Spain --- Chelsea are interested in the 31 year old goalkeeper.  Apparently.  He is a good keeper. Most of us are quite happy with Petrovic.  We also have Sanchez and we are most likely getting Kepa back.  Oblak is an older player and we do need some experienced players. 

He's only 31? Wow. He's been in the game for ages it feels like. 

Non story most likely after seeing he's contracted with Atletico until 2028. 

53 minutes ago, TheCeleryKing said:

Didn't his form drop off a cliff a couple of years back? Seems the kind of transfer that's 5 years too late.

Maybe we can swap Sanchez and/or Kepa for him as part of the deal?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Didn't his form drop off a cliff a couple of years back? Seems the kind of transfer that's 5 years too late.

and. 🙂

A straight swap would be best.

Atletico need the money apparently - but then dont we also need the money? - and the price quoted is €30m

Oblak has not been in good form this season, but a new challenge might work? Him and Petrovic as the two choices makes me feel better about our squad than Sanchez and/or Kepa.

We are after a GK though and Jordan Pickford has even been mentioned. Personally not a fan.

Everton will demand between £30-40million for goalkeeper Jordan Pickford [30] and it is seen as their last chance to cash-in on the keeper. I know a lot of people rate him, I just feel he is a little pedestrian for me. He is not quite right for us.

Edited by TheCeleryKing

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

James Trafford was well thought of start of the season. Is he still? Or no good?

Currently on the bench for Burnley. Only 21. I do like the look of him. I like a tall goalkeeper and the lad is 6ft 6" and he also has the added advantage of growing up a Chelsea fan. He has good reflexes and good distribution - he began his career as an outfield player.  I think he is worth keeping an eye on. But are we looking for a new young project? Get Oblak in and keep Petrovic. We need experience at the back and in the spine of this team, especially as we shall be losing the legend that is Thiago. You need some players older than 22 in the squad - players with experience - especially on the training ground.

4 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Oblak is still in the top 5 or 6 goalkeepers in European if not world football.

19 hours ago, Zeta said:

James Trafford was well thought of start of the season. Is he still? Or no good?

Imperious for England U21s but struggled at PL level. Not a huge surprise, he's very young, and was prone to flapping and panicking under pressure. Didn't help, of course, that he has had one of the PL's worst defences in front of him. Manager copped flack for persisting with him for so long. Tall, but not very strong. Needs to develop physically. He has ability, in the right hands he could develop into something pretty good.

Would much prefer an experienced keeper, and we shouldn't have to pay the earth either.

Unai Simon, Andrey Lunin, Stefan Ortega and Wojciech Szczeny are all out of contract in 2025 so should be available for a bargain price. Do we rate any of them?

8 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Would much prefer an experienced keeper, and we shouldn't have to pay the earth either.

Unai Simon, Andrey Lunin, Stefan Ortega and Wojciech Szczeny are all out of contract in 2025 so should be available for a bargain price. Do we rate any of them?

Personally i like to look of Simon and Lunin. The issue remains though that we already have an overstocked department that needs to trim down. We have Petrovic, Sanchez, Kepa and Bettinelli all as seniors. We then have Bergstrom, Slonina, Sharman-Lowe, Merrick and Curd all as junior to them. Its a big GK department that needs trimming.

15 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Personally i like to look of Simon and Lunin. The issue remains though that we already have an overstocked department that needs to trim down. We have Petrovic, Sanchez, Kepa and Bettinelli all as seniors. We then have Bergstrom, Slonina, Sharman-Lowe, Merrick and Curd all as junior to them. Its a big GK department that needs trimming.

the goalkeeping department is going to be revised apparently. Personally i like Petrovic and i think we would do well to bring in another gk - hopefully one with experience

Robert Sanchez – will not be surprised to see him move on.
Kepa Arrizabalaga - Back to Chelsea to be sold and then perhaps Middle East. A wildcard might be Inter Milan if the price is right.
Teddy Sharman-Lowe - Chelsea will likely let him leave as a Free Agent in the summer.
Marcus Bettinelli - Signed a new contract but may look to move on for regular game time

New midfield players for next season?  Lavia and Ugochukwu and Chukwuemeka – if they can stay fit it would be like 3 new signings.

That said do we need a new midfielder? A player older than 22 who has perhaps some useful experience to add to the squad?

We will need a new and experienced CB – what are our options here?

20 minutes ago, TheCeleryKing said:

New midfield players for next season?  Lavia and Ugochukwu and Chukwuemeka – if they can stay fit it would be like 3 new signings.

That said do we need a new midfielder? A player older than 22 who has perhaps some useful experience to add to the squad?

We will need a new and experienced CB – what are our options here?

For midfield i have mentioned Rabiot before, Whilst he may split opinion, he is a free agent this summer so could be a relatively simple addition of a decent amount of experience with little FFP impact.

6 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

For midfield i have mentioned Rabiot before, Whilst he may split opinion, he is a free agent this summer so could be a relatively simple addition of a decent amount of experience with little FFP impact.

Makes a lot of sense, he’s quite physical as well which gives us something different in midfield. The only problem is that I really, really don’t like him

Chelsea are looking to sign a forward, left-back, a goalkeeper and central defender in the summer with the club's sporting directors Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart set to be entrusted with their transfer business again.

Forward ---- the usual suspects
Left-Back ------Ben Chillwell and Cucurella is not enough cover at LB it seems
Goalkeeper ----- a lot of our keepers are moving on sold/loans apparently
Centre-Back -----A grown ass man at CB ---- Whats the Wes Fofana story these days?

4 players apparently and NO midfield player to be acquired so maybe we aint after selling Conor after all.

Left back, I like the look of Miguel Gutierrez from girona if we were to sign anyone. It would be interesting to see what happens with maatsen though, I know there’s doubts about his strength in the premier league but he looks very good in Germany.

Centre back wise if we’re spending big then Antonio silva or araujo would be the ideal options personally if they wanted to come.

goalkeeper, ideally kobel or costa if we’re spending big but if the club see petrovic as a number one maybe Bento who can challenge him. 

centre forward wise will be interesting as the usual suspects all have their qualities and floors so if they’re signed then hopefully they do due diligence on the striker