Vintage Blues pictures and film

48 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

Yeah you might be right Timmy, we were sat in west stand benches for that one .

I enjoyed the first half !

One of the rare instances had a pre match beer at the SW3 end of the Kings Road pre match- only 16 years old in The Chelsea Potter- 509 hundred Spurs disembarked at Sloane Square and walked down Kings Road- only reason I was at the Potter was because my mate had arranged to meet a sort he’s met before the week before there- quite an impressive slight tee Spurs boys walking through together pp

2 minutes ago, Timmy Elms said:

One of the rare instances had a pre match beer at the SW3 end of the Kings Road pre match- only 16 years old in The Chelsea Potter- 509 hundred Spurs disembarked at Sloane Square and walked down Kings Road- only reason I was at the Potter was because my mate had arranged to meet a sort he’s met before the week before there- quite an impressive slight tee Spurs boys walking through together pp

Blimey, the Chelsea Potter !  West Ham used to walk from Sloane Square back in the day too.

Do you remember a bar on the platform at Sloane Square underground ? No one believes me, but it's probably on Google these days. Pretty sure Liverpool Street Underground had a bar on the platform too.

Pubs everywhere in those days to be fair, and bars in workplaces too !

7 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

Blimey, the Chelsea Potter !  West Ham used to walk from Sloane Square back in the day too.

Do you remember a bar on the platform at Sloane Square underground ? No one believes me, but it's probably on Google these days. Pretty sure Liverpool Street Underground had a bar on the platform too.

Pubs everywhere in those days to be fair, and bars in workplaces too !

Edit

The pub on the West Bound platform was called the " hole in the wall" . They reckon it shut in 1985 . Cost 2 old pennies to get in apparently!

23 hours ago, Boyne said:

A view of the terraces on Stamford Bridge Our beautiful pictures are  available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Photo Gifts

Don't think that this picture has been posted before. The construction of the old West Stand in the sixties?

We all believed we were going to get a stand like Arsenal and West Ham had , with a seated stand built up above and partially over a terrace.  We didn't even get decent toilets !. But some good memories on the benches and in the section nearest the North terrace. For some reason I think it was section "Z" but can't see how alphabetically it could have been ?

On 25/04/2024 at 19:16, The Rising Sun said:

We all believed we were going to get a stand like Arsenal and West Ham had , with a seated stand built up above and partially over a terrace.  We didn't even get decent toilets !. But some good memories on the benches and in the section nearest the North terrace. For some reason I think it was section "Z" but can't see how alphabetically it could have been ?

You are right about West stand it started at block S, I had my season ticket in block V on the halfway line and it finished at Block Z by the North Stand terrace/ away.

On 22/04/2024 at 21:02, The Rising Sun said:

Edit

The pub on the West Bound platform was called the " hole in the wall" . They reckon it shut in 1985 . Cost 2 old pennies to get in apparently!

I do remember the Hole in The Wall in Waterloo which is still there. Still pretty primitive inside. Early 80’s we had a little firm that used to meet in there. Only went there a couple of times pre match, but full of chaps. You had to be careful in Waterloo back then, due to Pompey. 

4 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

The Osgood picture is just iconic.

I never get tired of seeing it

Agree and a great cross from Charlie Cooke. It might be my age but I think that seeing the photo in black and white enhances it. I was at primary school at the time and a mate of mine got me to support Chelsea. I lost contact with him when we went to separate secondary schools. I got in touch with him again about 20 years ago and see him at the games. We both have seats in the MHU.