Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

programme cover for Chelsea v Cardiff City, Saturday, 6th Oct 1962 Sat, 6th Oct 1962.   Division 2 match v Cardiff City.  We won 6-0.  

All six goals coming in an amazing 23 minute spell in the second half !

Our scorers were: Frank Upton 56th, Terry Venables 58th, Bert Murray 61st, Bobby Tambling 68th and 79th also Barry Bridges 69th minutes.   25,434 saw it,

programme cover for Chelsea v Leeds United, Monday, 6th Oct 1969 Mon 6th Oct 1969.   We beat Leeds Utd 2-0 in the League Cup in front of 38,485 spectators.  

Our scorers were: Charlie Cooke 63rd and Alan Birchenall 78th minutes.  We'd played just over 48hrs before on the Saturday in the League up at Sunderland drawing 0-0,

Posted (edited)

Image result for jim baxter v chelsea 1960s v Leeds at The Bridge on 6th Nov 1965,   We won 1-0 in front of a crowd of 39,373.   John Hollins scoring the only goal in the 42nd min.

Edited by erskblue

A few pictures from the game against Dynamo Moscow in 1945. I know the bottom one has been posted before but am not sure about the other two. In the top picture it looks like supporters are walking along the top of the wall to by-pass the turnstiles. As I've mentioned before I knew someone who was at the game. He bunked off school to watch the match.

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, crowd, stadium and outdoor

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

I do love a picture of the Shed from any era and a picture you posted a while back Boyne is my avatar on my Whatsapp.

Agree, there is something about old pictures of the Shed and other parts of the ground and how the stadium has changed over the years. My two great loves after family and friends are books and history. This thread covers my love of history and Chelsea and as others have mentioned in the past, it is the best on this forum. Great thanks to everyone who posts on here.

11 hours ago, Boyne said:

A few pictures from the game against Dynamo Moscow in 1945. I know the bottom one has been posted before but am not sure about the other two. In the top picture it looks like supporters are walking along the top of the wall to by-pass the turnstiles. As I've mentioned before I knew someone who was at the game. He bunked off school to watch the match.

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, crowd, stadium and outdoor

Cheers again Boyne. Never seen the first two.

And as I suffer from vertigo the bottom one with all those perched on top of The Shed Roof is to me an amazing picture !

I simply couldn't have climbed up that roof.

Great pics @erskblue - thanks for posting.

Always love the photos which show the cars parked behind the goal - was this unique to Stamford Bridge?  I've also wondered if they ever got damaged when it all kicked off and people went on the pitch! 

1 minute ago, In the Net said:

Great pics @erskblue - thanks for posting.

Always love the photos which show the cars parked behind the goal - was this unique to Stamford Bridge?  I've also wondered if they ever got damaged when it all kicked off and people went on the pitch! 

No problem, Simply enjoy finding out and looking at pics of this great club of ours.

Good shout re cars !

http://stamford-bridge.com/match.php?mid=11&opp=First Grenadier Guards

Today in 1905 we played our first ever match in the FA Cup.

(We reached Preliminary Round 3 before going out to Crystal Palace.)

Match Details below

Match Date: Saturday, 7th Oct 1905 at 15:30
Competition: F.A. Cup - 1st Qualifying Round
Opponent: First Grenadier Guards
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Attendance: 5,000
Half Time: 4 - 0
Result: Won 6 - 1

Our scorers were: O'Hara 2nd and 15th  James Robertson 7th, Moran 40th , Windridge 6th and 80th minutes.

http://www.bounder.friardale.co.uk/Results/1905.htm#7

1905-06.jpg

programme cover for Chelsea v Benfica, Wednesday, 7th Oct 1964  Wed, 7th Oct 1964 at 8pm,   We lost to Benfica 2-4 in the International Charity Cup.

An attendance of 23,369 saw Barry Bridges score both  our goals

Team: Bonetti, Shellito, McCreadie, Hollins, Hinton (Mortimore), Harris, Murray, Tambling (Graham), Bridges, Venables ( c ), Houseman (Tambling)