Jump to content

Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

Recommended Posts

On 05/10/2019 at 07:54, erskblue said:

Here you go mate.

I reckon he was looking for the karate kick, which is missing from those highlights. I remember Jimmy Hill analysing it in detail on MotD that night, but I think the BBC must have been embarrassed and expunged that section. I've not seen it since!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More great pictures ,thanks for posting you lot .i must admit I love the arsenal v CFC colour pictures ,I have to say that Arsenal kit is the classic arsenal kit ,very smart to be fair to them .Maybe it was the kit that I recall growing up but it is smart mind you that CFC kit in the pictures is the total bolloxs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

I reckon he was looking for the karate kick, which is missing from those highlights. I remember Jimmy Hill analysing it in detail on MotD that night, but I think the BBC must have been embarrassed and expunged that section. I've not seen it since!

Reckon your right about the BBC deleting it as I was taking more notice of the crowd that day than the actual game ill have to be content with the little memory that I have ,it was 43 years ago,where did all those years go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

programme cover for Fulham v Chelsea, Saturday, 8th Oct 1983 Sat 8th Oct 1983. Yeah couldn't resist, that season... :biggrin:  We won 5-3 at Fulham.

Scorers that day were: ;King' Kerry Dixon 9th and 86th.  The Welsh goal scoring machine that was  Joey Jones 45th,  Pat Nevin 49th  and Colin Lee 59th mins respectively.,

Gordon Davies got a hat trick for them to be fair and a crowd of  24,787 , who got their money's worth that day, saw it.

Edited by erskblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

programme cover for Chelsea v Leicester City, Saturday, 8th Oct 1994 Saturday, 8th Oct 1994 and we beat Leicester City 4-0.  In front of 18,397 spectators.

Our scorers: John Spencer 1st min and 49th mins, Gavin Peacock 4th min, and Neil Shipperley 77th min.

This game from 1994 is the last time we played on 8th October !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

programme cover for Fulham v Chelsea, Saturday, 8th Oct 1983 Sat 8th Oct 1983. Yeah couldn't resist, that season... :biggrin:  We won 5-3 at Fulham.

Scorers that day were: ;King' Kerry Dixon 9th and 86th.  The Welsh goal scoring machine that was  Joey Jones 45th,  Pat Nevin 49th  and Colin Lee 59th mins respectively.,

Gordon Davies got a hat trick for them to be fair and a crowd of  24,787 , who got their money's worth that day, saw it.

Remember that program cover, still tucked away with all my others in my parents loft (I hope) my two mates were Fulham fans and we were all at school  and they went to game they got me program with Canoville, joey jones and King Kerry's autograph on it, sold it to me for £5, 35 years later and the running joke is whether they used there school pen to fake them!  never got to bottom of it, out with them this Saturday night, I dare say it will be bought up again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boyne said:

Looks like the League Cup game against Arsenal in 1998. A great night.

 

The first time many of us had seen us win at Highbury. Some top songs.

The Arsenal Bus is coming, all the kids are running, Wenger is the driver.......

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Bristol Rovers 1980 that's a terrible ground even for back then and looked even worse after our fans left 😀

 

gettyimages-633179540-2048x2048.jpg

I remember that there use to be a flower bed behind each goal at Eastville. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Bristol Rovers 1980 that's a terrible ground even for back then and looked even worse after our fans left 😀

 

gettyimages-633179540-2048x2048.jpg

Dear me , some state by the looks of it !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eastville Stadium, Bristol Rovers 1979  

Following an agreement with the copyright holder reproduced here is short film footage of a number of English and Scottish Football grounds taken during the 1979/1981 seasons. The original Cine film was shot in Super 8 format in colour and last approximately 90 seconds the quality is variable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...