Vintage Blues pictures and film

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

Off on holiday soon, catch up when I get back,

Blue is the colour.

Blue is the colour where you going Erks Norway ! I know the Scots are used to the cold but  hopefully you'll get a bit of a tan 😀

Edited by bluehaze

13 hours ago, erskblue said:

programme cover for Chelsea v Bolton Wanderers, Saturday, 14th Oct 1978Saturday, 14th Oct 1978.  Now this is a comeback.  Half Time: 0 - 3 to Bolton.  19,879 saw it.

Result: Won 4 - 3 :laugh2:

Our scorers: Langley 72, Swain 84, Walker 87, Allardyce (O.G) 89

David Hay's last game for us.

Great game to be at. Finally got our first win at home 78/79. The first of only three!!  

Tough first full season for me personally as a 10-11 year old. After this game had to wait for home games against Birmingham and Boro for the other wins.

Only missed Derby at home, re-arranged to a night game and couldn’t go because of school!

21 hours ago, chi blue said:

Remember that picture on my bedroom wall, we were sh*t then, just before THAT team and THAT season came along, but f**k me, that kit was cool

Remember waiting for it to come out. Not many sports shops around that were sellers of Kit back then. No internet! Think my brother rang the club to find out when the famous porter cabin would have it in stock. It was so futuristic in style and material, along way in 7/8 years from a long sleeve blue top with a badge sewn on!

On 14/10/2019 at 22:45, chi blue said:

Remember that picture on my bedroom wall, we were sh*t then, just before THAT team and THAT season came along, but f**k me, that kit was cool

"we were sh*t then"

That's understatement Boyne, we weren't that good. Three worst seasons in Chelsea's history, getting progressively worse as the passed.  Coincidentally they were probably my best years following Chelsea,  only missed two homes in those 3 seasons and probably got to about 1/3 of the aways.  f**k me, we were poor.

23 hours ago, Richard P said:

Remember waiting for it to come out. Not many sports shops around that were sellers of Kit back then. No internet! Think my brother rang the club to find out when the famous porter cabin would have it in stock. It was so futuristic in style and material, along way in 7/8 years from a long sleeve blue top with a badge sewn on!

Got mine from a sports shop on Kilburn High Road, not my part of London, but we lived in a small flat on Randolph Avenue in Maida Vale for a couple of years before moving to MK. Barring the vintage plain Royal Blue CFC shirt it's probably my favourite home shirts in my time watching the club.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:22, bluehaze said:

Blue is the colour where you going Erks Norway ! I know the Scots are used to the cold but  hopefully you'll get a bit of a tan 😀

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 13:23, Boyne said:

Image may contain: one or more people

Not sure if posted before.

Great strip.

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 20:44, Richard P said:

Good shout . My parents had to go to Greaves Sports in Glasgow to get me that home kit.

programme cover for Chelsea v Blackpool, Saturday, 18th Oct 1975 Saturday, 18th Oct 1975. Div 2.  We beat Blackpool with two late goals. Ray Wilkins 78th min (pen) and Tommy Langley.  Tommy who had come on as our sub for Teddy Maybank, sealed the win in the 90th min.

Looks like we are playing York City in the match day programme cover photo

Edited by erskblue