Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

programme cover for Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea, Saturday, 21st Oct 1972 Saturday, 21st Oct 1972.  Quite a difference by contrast to this programme cover.  Anyway, we beat Spuds 1-0.

John Hollins our scorer in the 25th min.  47,429 saw it.

2 hours ago, Richard P said:

Great game at Cardiff! 3-0 down seven minutes to go and draw 3-3. Also a lot of trouble during and after.

Can anyone identify the Chelsea defender heading the ball at Cardiff? 🤔

14 hours ago, Richard P said:

Great game at Cardiff! 3-0 down seven minutes to go and draw 3-3. Also a lot of trouble during and after.

Yeah I was there if you look at the picture as I remember that was their firm in the far corner of the stand surrounded by old bill. They got ran into the corner loads of them wearing Patrick jackets.

On 20/10/2019 at 14:25, erskblue said:

Couple of good photos and great sportsmanship by Stoke City in sharing their champagne.

18 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Yeah I was there if you look at the picture as I remember that was their firm in the far corner of the stand surrounded by old bill. They got ran into the corner loads of them wearing Patrick jackets.

Funny I didn’t go to that game, but caught up with a mate later that night that went. He said that they were a Patrick kagoule firm which wasn’t much of a compliment