Carshalton Blue

Vintage Blues pictures and film

On 26/10/2019 at 08:54, erskblue said:

programme cover for Chelsea v Norwich City, Friday, 26th Oct 1973 A Friday night game in Oct 73 ?  We won 3 - 0

I know it was during a tough period economically for the country. I remember my old man working on a Saturday in the shipyards, but him being off during the week at times.

The '3 day working week' from memory.

I was very lucky to get to this one, as the next morning I left on a school football trip to Ostend for a week, my programme from the game was probably one of the most read programmes in the history of football.

20 hours ago, Richard P said:

A lot of secondary school kids bunked off school that day!

We filled a fair chunk of the 88 from Mitcham Cricketers all the way to Shepherds Bush, long old trek, but for 3p we couldn't complain.

2 hours ago, MKBlue said:

We filled a fair chunk of the 88 from Mitcham Cricketers all the way to Shepherds Bush, long old trek, but for 3p we couldn't complain.

Just as a matter of interest, how much was it to get into the match ? :biggrin:

If you can remember !

On 27/10/2019 at 07:57, erskblue said:

Image result for jimmy greaves chelsea 1960s Related imageBobby Tambling

Saw Bobby outside the East Stand just before the game against Newcastle. He looked really well given that a few years back he was in a bad way.

9 hours ago, Boyne said:

Saw Bobby outside the East Stand just before the game against Newcastle. He looked really well given that a few years back he was in a bad way.

That's good to hear..

3 hours ago, erskblue said:

programme cover for Chelsea v Southampton, Wednesday, 28th Oct 1981 We won 2-1 in extra time, witnessed by a crowd of 27,370. Our scorers: Clive Walker 29th and Mike Fillery 95th mins.

One of the few times I was in the Northstand Shed was locked up I've probably still got the programme.