Gökhan Töre

german-blue

Sorry if there is already a threat on this subject... But I have to rant about something that is on my mind for some time now.

How is it possible that Töre isnt getting any sort of game time for our first team when he is able to shine in the Bundesliga and is already considered as one of the best young players currently playing in Germany?

Frustrating to say the very least.

On another note - gael kakuta has only played 3 games this season for bolton so far, must beg the question if he actually has any futchure with us. be sad if it doesnt work out as he has all the tools that we currently need

He's in danger of becoming the next Leon Knight

I think if you don't make it at Bolton then you can draw some conclusions, but not necessarily a definitive one. Bolton have been playing poorly and they don't really suit his game entirely.

As for Tore. He has been quite excellent I agree, many whinge about Stoch but Tore appears to be doing even better than him. I think we have to face it and say that there is a culture in Germany of fostering young players and that helps enormously with confidence and such things. That doesn't exist here or at many other English clubs. Kids can run with the ball in Germany and if you get caught you get applauded for the first player you beat not the exasperated groans you hear at the Bridge and other grounds for giving the ball away.

I think if you don't make it at Bolton then you can draw some conclusions, but not necessarily a definitive one. Bolton have been playing poorly and they don't really suit his game entirely.

As for Tore. He has been quite excellent I agree, many whinge about Stoch but Tore appears to be doing even better than him. I think we have to face it and say that there is a culture in Germany of fostering young players and that helps enormously with confidence and such things. That doesn't exist here or at many other English clubs. Kids can run with the ball in Germany and if you get caught you get applauded for the first player you beat not the exasperated groans you hear at the Bridge and other grounds for giving the ball away.

Maybe we should start thinking about putting bye back clauses in to sales contracts :)

PS i think bolton is the wrong team for him right now, there in a bad place and owen coyl isnt going to trust him.

If I got to choose where to send him it would be abroad or to..... West ham :)

I know what your thinking WHAT... Big sam has the reputation of playing long ball and phyiscial football but he also likes to try and get players in that can play a bit, he did field ackocha and djukaef (you know i have no idea how you spell either of those names and you may not even know who im talking about)

Any way west ham are doing well and I think its important for him to be playing in a team on the fount foot at the moment

He was an exceptional talent whenever I saw him play, and was actually quite upset that we let him go as it's an area that we obviously needed someone to fill in for. I remember reading an interview with him and he was talking about how he wanted to play for Real Madrid one day. Some may say that this was a dig at Chelsea, but he did say that he wanted to be playing regularly and how he felt Real Madrid were the pinnacle of achievement in European Football.

I really admired his honesty and desire, and someone with that confidence will want to go and play full time, not sit on a bench and hope to get a game or two.

Will continue to wath him as he excited me more than Sinclair (agreed he was over valued by Chesea fans), and Stoch (who I also liked but thought he was never quite our standard).

Scott

• 1 month later...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2012/01/05/2832172/chelsea-own-50-per-cent-stake-in-hamburgs-gokhan-tore-report?

Chelsea own 50 per cent stake in Hamburg's Gokhan Tore - report

The English side could profit from the re-sale of their former player and also can exercise options to recall Jeffrey Bruma and Slobodan Rajkovic

With the future of Gokhan Tore still uncertain, Hamburg may be forced to pay a sizeable sum to Chelsea in the coming years.

The English giants have a 50 per cent stake in the sale of Tore, effective until the end of the player's current contract at HSV, according to Hamburger Morgenpost. This means that, should Hamburg sell the Turkey international before 2014, they will be forced to pay half the fee back to Chelsea.

Tore, a Koln native, has been linked with a move to his ancestors' homeland of Turkey in recent weeks and his agent recently revealed that he anticipates negotiations between his client and Galatasaray at season's end.

"We haven't entered official negotiations with Galatasaray, but we have good relations with their board. At the end of the season? Why not? But not now," agent Bektas Demirtas toldRadyospor.

Hamburg signed several players, including Tore, Michael Mancienne, Jacopo Sala, Slobodan Rajkovic, and loanee Jeffrey Bruma, from Chelsea last summer and though the quintet came at a cut price, the agreement between the clubs contains several clauses.

Though Bruma had agreed to a two-year loan, Chelsea can recall him this summer, after just half the decided spell. Rajkovic, who was signed on a full transfer for €2 million, could also return to Stamford Bridge provided Chelsea exercise a buy-back clause that would see HSV recoup their initial investment.

Sinclair is overrated by us Davey. He had a good season in the Championship but he has flattered to decieve in the Premier League. His miss against United a couple of weeks ago was criminal. Kalou would have scored. Kalou!

I know one thing Spiller his miss against United wasn't nearly as criminal as......................... Torres'!!

And apart from that I thought Sinclair had an excellent game. He would be a much better option for us than either Malouda or Kalou IMO.

Exactly, Abramovic

he is a good player, but I think he's found his level. We sometimes look at players that were "promising" in our ranks with too much fondness and romance. I feel that Kakuta may be the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Watching that Norwich game on Saturday and what our current side is missing, I couldn't help think about Tore. That was compunded yesterday when I watched bits of the Arsenal v Utd game and saw Oxlade-Chamberlain having a good game. Tore is a similar player to the young gooner, maybe not as good, but he still had pace to burn, a very decent crosser and a lot of strength on the ball. There is a fair chance that he will still make it big in the game and I believe we have a clause which means we get a cut of future transfer fees, but why oh why did we let him go when he is exactly the sort of player we are currently lacking and instead we all have to groan when we bring on Malouda?

I know the saying is no use crying over spilt milk but I am and I will!!