Masterful Performance from JT Tonight.

Nonro

I don't post very often here, but I felt I must to convey my feelings on what was a simply sublime performance from John Terry tonight.

With all the allegations floating round at the moment and it just being announced 24 hours before the match that he was going to face charges for this alleged "racial slur" (bull) many players would have been fazed at the thought of a derby game and possibly one of the biggest games of the season so far.

But, my worries were soon quashed when I saw the look on his face in the tunnel. I knew he was ready, I knew he had been in this situation before and had came through it. And most of all, I knew that he knew the club were behind him 100% and Chelsea needed a performance from him tonight. And boy did he deliver!

After Ivanovic was forced off with injury early on in the game and Boss had to move into center back I thought there was going to be trouble. My fears were without foundation because fair play to Bosingwa, he played very well at CB, a lot better than I thought he was capable of but at the end of the day JT was the star of the show. Everything Spuds threw at him he dealt with in a fashion which was glorious to watch. And that block in the dying moments, well, I was simply stunned by how good he was and even though Cole played very well and provided a great cross for the goal how Terry did not get MOTM is beyond me (Sky not wanting to look like they are siding with Terry maybe even though he was the best player on the park by some distance) Now, this would be seen as a great performance anyway but add on heaps of pressure from the media and constant abuse from the fools in the crowd then what you have is an amazing individual; strong in the face of adversity and time and time again does not let his private life get in the way of the game and continues to prove people wrong when they say he is not what he used to be. He is.

If you can't be bothered reading the whole post, then basically JT is a complete Chelsea legend and whatever you think about his personal life, you cannot take away the fact he is out best defender and I will always remember him as one of the all time Chelsea greats. His performance tonight was simply stunning.

Quite simply, prejudice, wilful blindness and malice.

Agreed, success breeds contempt maybe? And with regards to JT being supposedly "racist" (I use the term very loosely) racism is a form of prejudice and haven't the media been prejudice towards JT for a long time and nothing is done! Just because it isn't about skin colour doesn't mean it's alright to do it. JT is pure class and even though it doesn't show in games he is a human being, footballer should be judged on what they do on the pitch not what supposedly happens off the pitch.

Yeah, I cannot begin to fathom why other fans hate him so much and claim he should not even be in the England set-up.

Because he has lapses in judgment and does things of which the general public disapproves.

I love him as a warrior on the pitch. He's fantastic. He's the heart and soul of the team. I'd want to go to war with him.

Off the pitch (and sometimes, as at QPR, on the pitch) he's a liability. There will come the day when his play begins to slip and some at Chelsea will begin wonder if he's worth all the trouble.

I love him as a warrior on the pitch. He's fantastic. He's the heart and soul of the team. I'd want to go to war with him.

Exactly why I love him as a player. He doesn't mind going in to tackles where he may get hurt for example at Bolton when we were cruising he still was diving in to win the ball like it was 0-0 and he had to make the challenge; he is 100% focused on the game. Also, every single game no matter how big or small it is he comes and acknowledges the fans whether it be home or away which not too many footballers will do today.

Just saw this article now and it pretty much re-iterates my point:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...n_football.html

JT doesn't need his teammates wearing shirts of him on to know he has the teams backing!

Edited by Nonro

Nice post. He was definitely our MoM

Seconded on both counts. Hope to see more of you Nonro. Nice honorable mention to Bossie too.

They can say what they want about JT, but its almost as if he thrives at these moments of personal turmoil. The only exception I can think of was the Team Bridge fiasco. But whenever there have been allegations or big stories about him, he seems to play the game of his life.