Eerie footage of the Bridge from 1979

Backbiter

You won't find this by searching for 'Chelsea' as the guy who uploaded it can't spell Chelsea, but it's a bit creepy. 1979 was a horrendous year for the club, so the footage is very appropriate, I reckon.

The clip is part of a series covering all league grounds in England, Scotland and Wales. Apart from this one, the Alloa one is epic!

I miss it so much.

Likewise.

That was the Bridge I was brought up with. Paying 50p at the door as I recall, or is my memory playing tricks?

Up them steps into The Shed, and seeing that pitch, a million miles away.

Those three wheeler disabled cars, what were they called? They were always behind the goalline.

There was that gate that led you through to the benches, was that another 50p, I can't remember.

Who remembers Wagon Wheels, and those bottles of pop? What were those bottles of pop called?

Christ my memory ..

Don't you just love Chelsea .. ?

Likewise.

That was the Bridge I was brought up with. Paying 50p at the door as I recall, or is my memory playing tricks?

Up them steps into The Shed, and seeing that pitch, a million miles away.

Those three wheeler disabled cars, what were they called? They were always behind the goalline.

There was that gate that led you through to the benches, was that another 50p, I can't remember.

Who remembers Wagon Wheels, and those bottles of pop? What were those bottles of pop called?

Christ my memory ..

Don't you just love Chelsea .. ?

Panda pops if memory serves. 15p to get in the Shed when I first went, 5p for a programme, used to do a home game on 50p pocket money.

And gobstoppers that changed colour so you had to keep taking them out of your mouth to see what colour they had turned to. And nobody thought there was anything wrong with doing that because kids weren't obsessed with hygiene - you'd give other people a lick of your lollipop without thinking anything of it. (NOT a euphemism, Moos!)

The 3 wheelers behind the goals were what you used to get off of the Government in lieu of Disability benefit.

These days you get a Motability car, which can be anything you want subject to availability and an advance payment, but I say bring back the 3 wheelers!!

Even though we were miles from the pitch I loved that ground, just thinking back makes me smile!

We went with no expectations of a result and just had a laugh and a singsong!