Player Ratings Napoli Home

Thought I would have a go at this

Cech-------------always alert and his last second change of direction with his leg for their early shot was telling (7)

Ivanovic----------Defended well, got forward well and scored, had his crossing been better he would have been MOM (7.5)

Luiz----------------Classy and determined performance by a young player learning at the very top, not yet the finished item (how good will he get?) (8)

Terry--------------Great performance, Great Goal and great motivator to have on the pitch, the team has missed him 8

Cole------------- Solid enough but for me not the influence he once was although with Ramires ahead of him he stayed back more (6)

Essien---------- Good presence but not on top of his game, lost the ball a bit and still not the old Ess, understandable after the injuries (6)

Ramires------- Done well in a different sort of role and worked hard, his touch let him down a bit but great cross and attitude (6.5)

Lampard------- Looked like the performance we used to expect week in week out from Lampard, 7.5 and one that really says he must start next game (7.5)

Sturridge------ Looked dangerous and linked up with Mata well, not at his best again but not out of his depth either(6.5

Mata-------------- Some decent touches and movement but bullied a bit I thought, needs to toughen up a bit but exciting non the less (6.5)

Drogba----------- Great professional performance, strong and motivating with an ossie-esque header, interacting with the crowd and acting with the ref (8.5)

Subs

Malouda----------Thought he done well and a great ball to the tired foot of Drogs for what should have been an assist,(6.5)

Bosingwa---------Slotted in well and done what he was in there to do, his time out shows the injury in the away leg wasn't because he didn't fancy it (6)

Torres------------Ran his legs off to stop their defenders having time on the ball and his movement was good without the ball, could have scored from a tight angle (7)

Thought the Ref had a decent game although the official behind the goal should have given a Penalty for the holding on Drogba.

id give ivan at least an 8. he defended well, scored the winner, set up the penalty. his header wouldve probably gone in if dossena hadnt deliberately palmed it. how he got off without a card for that i do not know

also think ramires deserves a better rating. put in some crucial tackles, set up the first goal, involved in the winner

Cech-------------always alert and his last second change of direction with his leg for their early shot was telling (7)

Ivanovic----------Defended well, got forward well and scored, had his crossing been better he would have been MOM (7.5)

Luiz----------------Classy and determined performance by a young player learning at the very top, not yet the finished item (how good will he get?) (8)

Terry--------------Great performance, Great Goal and great motivator to have on the pitch, the team has missed him 8

Cole------------- Solid enough but for me not the influence he once was although with Ramires ahead of him he stayed back more (6)

Essien---------- Good presence but not on top of his game, lost the ball a bit and still not the old Ess, understandable after the injuries (6)

Ramires------- Done well in a different sort of role and worked hard, his touch let him down a bit but great cross and attitude (6.5)

Lampard------- Looked like the performance we used to expect week in week out from Lampard, 7.5 and one that really says he must start next game (7.5)

Sturridge------ Looked dangerous and linked up with Mata well, not at his best again but not out of his depth either(6.5

Mata-------------- Some decent touches and movement but bullied a bit I thought, needs to toughen up a bit but exciting non the less (6.5)

Drogba----------- Great professional performance, strong and motivating with an ossie-esque header, interacting with the crowd and acting with the ref (8.5)

Subs

Malouda----------Thought he done well and a great ball to the tired foot of Drogs for what should have been an assist,(6.5)

Bosingwa---------Slotted in well and done what he was in there to do, his time out shows the injury in the away leg wasn't because he didn't fancy it (6)

Torres------------Ran his legs off to stop their defenders having time on the ball and his movement was good without the ball, could have scored from a tight angle (7)

Thought the Ref had a decent game although the official behind the goal should have given a Penalty for the holding on Drogba.

I could be wrong about this, but I thought the only authority that the behind-the-goal referee is to determine whether a ball crosses into the goal, and nothing else.

Subs

Thanks Chippy. Just saved me about an hour trying to write my own post. That's spot on. My only change would be to bump everyone up by 1 point. But I'm known for my generosity!

I could be wrong about this, but I thought the only authority that the behind-the-goal referee is to determine whether a ball crosses into the goal, and nothing else.

You are wrong. They can tell the ref anything they like. Ultimately it will be the refs decision though.

My ratings. Usually don't give tens, but after the game yesterday I feel generous.

Cech - 8

Ivanovic - 9

Luiz - 7

Terry - 10

Cole - 8

Essien - 5

Ramires - 9

Lampard - 9

Sturridge - 6

Drogba - 10

Mata - 6

Malouda - 6

Bosingwa - 6

Torres - 7

Cech - 7.9

Ivanovic - 8.5

Luiz - 7.8

Terry - 8.5

Cole - 7.6

Essien - 7.2

Ramires - 7.9

Lampard - 8

Sturridge - 6.8

Drogba - 9

Mata - 6.5

Malouda - 7

Bosingwa - 6.3

Torres - 7.3

Edited by BYRON

Subs

You should have a go at this more often Chippy. Absolutely spot on IMO.

Cech: 7; Made some important stops in the first half and looked secure, could do nothing about the goal.

Ivanovic: 8; Played a decent first half even though his crossing wasn't brilliant he still has a good attacking ability and took his finish brilliantly.

Luiz: 7; Handled the game pretty well and only made one mistake in the 100th minute which was probably down to tiredness, he is learning to not take chances!

Terry: 8; A captain's performance, made some quality challenges and took his finish brilliantly as well, unfortunate with his header going straight to Inler for there goal.

Cole: 5; Do not rate Cole as much anymore, dosen't get forward much and when he does it's always a sidewards pass never exerts himself further and looks dangerous defending as well.

Ramires: 7; Thought he gave the ball away a lot in the second half but his running ability is brilliant set Drogba up brilliantly for the first and also set up the fourth well he played it in to Drogba.

Essien: 6; Not the player of old and he just seems to wander at times and looks very unfit however seemed to hold well.

Lampard: 7; He isn't the big game changer of old however he is still there when you need him and took his penalty well, although his range of passing has changed going backwards or to the side and not forward.

Mata: 5; I am a huge fan of Mata but I thought he was bullied, was sloppy in possesion and dosen't go in for many tackles either however he's allowed one game off for playing poorly!

Sturridge: 7; Made some good runs and shows some silky skils within the game and troubled there keeper at times however substituted on 60th minute.

Drogba: 9; The Drogba of old, bullied there defence, point blank header made my brilliant movement by him to get infront of the defender, back to his usual antics of going down easily but got us so many important free kicks and seemed like the player we had been missing upfront.

Subs

Bosingwa: 6; Was nervous when he came on and we seemed to lose a bit of communication in defence but done well enough.

Malouda: 5; No idea why he still plays for Chelsea as he is slow and gets caught in possession far too much and then dosen't track back, played a great ball into Drogba tnough which he should of scored.

Torres: 7; Ran his legs into the ground for 60 minutes and seemed to have a point to prove, he lightened up the fans and seemed to spur Drogba on as well with his performance. Unlucky with the miss could of done better but his overall movement was good with key passes as well. Improvement, just needs a goal.