Happy Birthday Raul Meireles

Ben

Come on Mod, he refused to celebrate a goal, stormed off after we won instead of celebrating, & has been awful ever since he came. Plus he scored the winner against us last season for the murderers.

Wow, some of you are utterly ridiculous... in fact 2 of you so far in this thread.

How quickly everyone has forgotten his good start to the season. Yeah, he has dropped off a lot and was picked when he probably shouldn't have been on occasion but he doesn't deserve the abuse. Most of the times where he was picked ahead of Lampard it was because Lampard's form was even worse.

Have some common sense, put things in context and then think again before you post such utter sh*te.

Remind me of a game he has actually played really well in, because i've only seen it in a Liverpool shirt & now he's blubbing that he wants a move, like anyone cares. He's been sh*t & doesn't give a sh*t about Chelsea, unlike Super Frank.

For all we know poor Raul was desperate for a pee (or even something more pressing) and had to race off to avoid the shame of publicly peeing his pants.

If indeed it is his birthday today, I wish him Many Happy Returns and hope he has a good evening surrounded by people who love him.

Pretty sh*tty to start a Birthday thread just to abuse someone, by the way.

I remember both Genk games being good performances from him but I struggle to remember individual performances in games. His general play at that time was very promising and a few got carried away with it - I think a few now have just completely forgotten it.

We have some posters here with memories which rival those of the humble goldfish.

Meireles scored the equalizer against Man City as Chelsea became the first team to beat them in the league this season. He also scored the second goal against Brum in the FA Cup.

How soon they forget.

If he'd been used as intended, as a sub and infrequent starter, you'd like him. He's a hard worker and unlike some of the bigger names on the team, he never gives up.

Because he was over-used, the weaknesses in his game became exaggerated. But that's no reason to hate the man.

He fights hard for Chelsea. That alone should be enough to win your heart. Shame on those who abuse him.

He is out of his depth.

He will always be on the periphery of games, following the play rather than dictating it.

He's got a bit of everything but not a lot of anything in particular.

He appears to be a bit vain and has an over-inflated sense of himself.

Hope he had a good birthday though.

Happy Birthday Raul, if something went against your principals and you made a bit of a stand, good on you, at least you done it after the game and tried your best in it.

I'm sure you had a few good games for us and I don't doubt you will again. you enjoy yourself fella.

For all we know poor Raul was desperate for a pee (or even something more pressing) and had to race off to avoid the shame of publicly peeing his pants.

Very creative. Does that mean you can't celebrate when you score?

Meireles scored the equalizer against Man City as Chelsea became the first team to beat them in the league this season. He also scored the second goal against Brum in the FA Cup.

How soon they forget.

If he'd been used as intended, as a sub and infrequent starter, you'd like him. He's a hard worker and unlike some of the bigger names on the team, he never gives up.

Because he was over-used, the weaknesses in his game became exaggerated. But that's no reason to hate the man.

He fights hard for Chelsea. That alone should be enough to win your heart. Shame on those who abuse him.

Good post, however I disagree about him being a 'hard worker' - he has been very apathetic for a while now.

In high school (American) football, when we scored a touchdown we just handed the ball to the ref and got back on with our lives. As our coach said, "act like you've been there before." I thought Meireles hitting that bomb against Birmingham and just walking away was the definition of badass, much better than running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Happy belated birthday Raul, as long as you are a CFC player I will be glad to support you.

I was really impressed with his early season form, after being decidedly underwhelmed when we signed him.

I'd say he has had an overall average season for us and aside for the Napoli game where he had a shocker he has rarely been the worst player on the pitch!

Happy Birthday Raul, and I'll have a corner bit of cake with the extra icing on it!