Whatever happened to John Spencer

superdan
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

• 3 weeks later...

what a night :-) time might have clouded my memory but I'm sure there twice as many Chelsea unofficial as there were for Kens official trip.

Definitely. It was weird in those days. I can't recall the name of the sports tour organisers that I used for that trip but our tickets were given to us on the coaches that took us from the airport to our hotel and it wasn't until we got to the stadium that we discovered our tickets were for in the Vienna end. Of course we were turned away but we're sent to a garden shed that happened to be selling tickets on the night for the Chelsea end. As you say, it was a quite a while ago but I'm pretty sure that there were 4 or 5 thousand over there for that game. I'm sure were played Sheff Wed the Saturday before and we were singing Ultravox's Vienna throughout the game.

The things that remind me of how long ago it was was that we flew with Lauda Air from Manchester (not sure Lauda even exists now) and you could smoke on the plane. Also, it was my first ever trip abroad and I had a cardboard one year passport that you could get issued at main post office for a tenner.

Edited by Snedger