What is it with the daily Mail

chelsea78

Why does the Daily Mail hate us so much. They are constantly stirring the pot with any chance they get to wind up the rest of the football community against us.

Today for instance, they pick out one fan in a photo from yesterdays league cup match with Manchester United, who appears to be making a racist gesture to a black player and then linked it to the issues Chelsea had with racism many years ago. They implied that we Chelsea fans are all a bunch of racist scum aided and abetted by the club. The Mail of course got the reaction it wanted and its on-line forum has been inundated with other club fans calling Chelsea football club and its fan base racist scum etc..

The thing that really gets me is that those same fans who express such horror against racism are so bigoted themselves. If you take away the colour of skin and replace it with the colour of a football shirt as an object of hate are you not just being a hypercritical moron.

I think we need to launch a formal compliant in some way against the Mail for incitement. I have never been a racist in my life and am sick and tired of papers like the Mail stirring up the mob to insult Me my family (all Chelsea), my club and our supporters.

Sorry for the rant but I am so angry

Guest RFC_CFC

Well the one to blame here is the fan (If what is shown is true).

After recent events the worst thing you could do as a fan is what this person done, newspapers will print anything that gets the publics attention and this is what they have done.

They're losing their niche now that group-based discrimination isn't cool any more, so they're falling back on one of the only few remaining rhetorical forms of discrimination which is still socially acceptable - i.e. football teams.

Actually, you summed it up perfectly mate:

If you take away the colour of skin and replace it with the colour of a football shirt as an object of hate are you not just being a hypercritical moron.

Guest Gullits_Dredocks

You really can't blame the Daily Mail on this one. As much as I hate them for not praising our football, Racism is a different matter and the fans that carry out racist gestures are only killing our helpless club.

This story is now printed in every UK media outlet and not just the Mail. That fan is an absolute bellend. He is not a True Blue.

You really can't blame the Daily Mail on this one. As much as I hate them for not praising our football, Racism is a different matter and the fans that carry out racist gestures are only killing our helpless club.

This story is now printed in every UK media outlet and not just the Mail. That fan is an absolute bellend. He is not a True Blue.

We all know what the racist idiot in the picture is no question, but the way in which the story was linked in the earlier version with our long distant past was in my opinion purely a means to incite more anti -Chelsea hatred. They really don't like us for some reason

Guest Gullits_Dredocks

We all know what the racist idiot in the picture is no question, but the way in which the story was linked in the earlier version with our long distant past was in my opinion purely a means to incite more anti -Chelsea hatred. They really don't like us for some reason

Sorry I understand where you coming from after reading the latest title "What must Chelsea's Black players make of this fans taunt"...(THE SAME WAY OUR WHITE PLAYERS WILL FEEL!!!! DISGUSTED)!!!

Absolute fecking cu*ts just trying to fuel a race war between blacks and whites or something. Why can't they try and defuse the whole thing and isolate the individual instead of making as if the club and fans are generally racist.

Media always has and will have its favourites.

When a United fan hurled racial abuse at a Stoke player you wouldn't have even known it was so low profile, but because it's the pantomime villain Chelsea, all of a sudden all of the fans are racists. One thing I've learnt is that when it comes to Chelsea all common sense and rationale goes out the window such is the strength of the hatred.

Put 40,000 people in a group anywhere and you'd find at least 1 racist.

Football is just being used as a scapegoat by the media for the wider problems in society. Has been and always will be

Edited by Myles_91

of course it would

Agreed, they have an agenda, and come hell or high water they are sticking to it, truth, proof or facts are not a problem to the press, they will make it up as they go along to fit their agenda.

We are Doomed I tell yar. :biggrin:

With so much blanket condemnation of all things Chelsea, I've been searching for a little balance. I've been looking for press coverage of the Man U fan who ran on to the pitch, flares lit by Man U supporters, and I've also heard from a fairly reliable source that a bottle was thrown at Petr Cech by a Man U fan.

Funny thing is, there doesn't seem to be too much coverage on any of these incidents.. Not about the pitch invader, the flares in the crowd, or the bottle thrower.

They will write whatever they think will cause the British public to work itself into a frenzy, whether it be of hatred for minority factions or hatred of those who abuse minority factions, or salacious interest in the sex life of celebrities or salacious disgust at the misdemeanours of dead celebrities.

If any of you are still wasting your hard-earned cash on the Daily Mail, I urge you to save it to buy beer/whisky/cigarettes/dope - take your pick!

P.S. Sorry, this was not an answer to Tommy, it was a reflection on the agenda of the Mail.

Edited by moi

I wonder if the guy making the monkey gesture actually got called up on it?

I've been at games before where people have said something that's really borderline offensive, in particular games against German sides for example, things that really make you cringe, but I, and seemingly others around me have been too worried to actually do anything about it.

I've also seen people go practically into frenzies at other fans (admittedly opposition fans sitting mostly quiet in our end), not just a bit angry, not just banter, like proper f**king crazy, and again no one did anything about it.

Maybe it's about time we all started challenging people like this...

I read the mail as i have found it has reasonable stances against animal cruelty.....For ALL papers the words racist or paedophile are the two words of the year...Nothing else has really risen yet to take the place of these two subjects...

Edited by Mike Carefree

There's an incredibly nasty little article in today's Mail by one Jonathan McEvoy, that takes us all the way back to the 80s and concludes with a condemnation of the club for rejecting "the moral impulse to strip their tarnished talisman of the captaincy" that also manages to regurgitate the Anders Frisk fiasco perpetuating the mythology of the death threats that drove him out of the game, together with claims that we were not only named as "the enemy of footbal" by a faceless official but are "known as such by the neutral majority in our homeland".

Have you got that? The Daily Mail today refer to Chelsea Football Club as being regarded as the enemy of football by the neutral majority back in dear old England.

I'm not going to provide you with a link to that propaganda piece either.