Who's next? - Manager talk (merged)

Damo810

So we've been linked to about 10 managers. The Mirror are now linking us with Simeone who's done very well at AM. Pretty sure this is nothing more than Lazy journalism, linking the Falcao rumours to our managerial needs but thoughts on this? Can use this topic to discuss other managers and link stories etc..

Link to the Story

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/diego-simeone-enters-the-frame-to-become-1491895?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Discuss away.

I'm sure that as time winds down and we haven't had a new manager comfirmed, the rumours will just increase.

What if we do well during the rest of the season and perhaps even win a trophy or two (not counting the one we might win on sunday)? Will Roman keep Benitez? If it's true he really want Pep and Pep decides not to come here, will Rafa have a chance?

Anyway, I bet we'll see more and more rumours as time goes on.

I think at this stage most people would take just about anyone if it meant FSW leaving.

That being said, how many top class managers can we realistically go through in such a short period of time? Eventually Roman is going to realise that there is no-one left better than whoever is in charge at the time, that would want to come here, and he'll have to keep the manager on.

The best thing that could happen is that Roman runs out of managers because that will force him to stick to one and hence bring stability. After Guardiola rejects us, Jose is most likely to return to Stamford Bridge next season (if Madrid fail to win the league or the CL).

Hey I've got my application in. Unlike my namesake, I've never had a single day's experience in football manager, but then neither has the current assistant coach. Why not go for the full set eh, me and Zendon. Me and Bolo could run the club till the end of the season, or even for a few weeks. I could leave it to Steve Holland to do the actual coaching and Bolo could hand out the bibs and line up the cones.

I don't want to sound desperate here, I'm not doing too badly as it is, but I could really do with the compo. A nice little run comparable to the one we're having under the current interim, and I'd be out the door, rubbing my hands together. I'd make my bank manager's day, that's for sure. And face it, I couldn't do much worse than you know who.

If you want to add your support, you can do so here:  Tommy Doc of the Shed End for Interim Manager.

Or if you can't bring yourself to lend me your support, you can write your own application letter.

Edited by Tommy Docherty

If Klopp has any sense he will avoid us. I think he will become one of the best managers in the world but we will just delay him in that. It will be the same old story, hire him and then after a sticky patch mid season he will be sacked and we will have to appoint a manager for the rest of the season and then the same will happen again then next season.

Its getting a bit boring now.

Sacking good managers but keeping crap players on huge wages because they cost 50 million. Roman needs to hire someone who actually knows about football and listen to him. Not a guy who use to coach teenage girls in america and Kenyons mini me.

Hey I've got my application in. Unlike my namesake, I've never had a single day's experience in football manager, but then neither has the current assistant coach. Why not go for the full set eh, me and Zendon. Me and Bolo could run the club till the end of the season, or even for a few weeks. I could leave it to Steve Holland to do the actual coaching and Bolo could hand out the bibs and line up the cones.

I don't want to sound desperate here, I'm not doing too badly as it is, but I could really do with the compo. A nice little run comparable to the one we're having under the current interim, and I'd be out the door, rubbing my hands together. I'd make my bank manager's day, that's for sure. And face it, I couldn't do much worse than you know who.

If you want to add your support, you can do so here:  Tommy Doc of the Shed End for Interim Manager.

Or if you can't bring yourself to lend me your support, you can write your own application letter.

SO ..you've dropped BlueBeard already??  I was all set to vote for the Doc/BlueBeard combo, but this ruthless lack of loyalty gives me pause for thought!  Shame on you, Tommy!

Simeone seems like a right c**t and his managerial record pre-AM inspires little confidence. I'd take him if he brought Falcao, though.

Hmmm...he did win two half-year Championships with Estudiantes and River, but River was on a downward spiral by the time he left due to appalling mismanagement. He also saved Catania (Italy) from relegation. 

He is a comadreja (weasel) yes, but he's an effective weasel. That would probably stand him in good stead at Chelsea because he will almost certainly have to weasel his way into Roman's good books to stay around for more than a few months.