Lowest home crowd since Jan 2007

Star

I guess that says, like my Stamford Bridge boycott whilst Fernando Torres and Rafa Benetiz the pair of Scouse infiltrators that threaten our clubs position as an elite premiership force, that fans have had enough of the boards antics since we won the Champions League.

Roman has to back down and give us Jose back otherwise I am sure the natives will turn on him next.

I guess that says, like my Stamford Bridge boycott whilst Fernando Torres and Rafa Benetiz the pair of Scouse infiltrators that threaten our clubs position as an elite premiership force, that fans have had enough of the boards antics since we won the Champions League.

Roman has to back down and give us Jose back otherwise I am sure the natives will turn on him next.

He can start by sacking that fat imposter in charge at the moment!

To be fair we are generally selling out every game home and away at the moment despite the FSW.

Pretty sure last night had more to do with the fact it was re-scheduled with very short notice with the tickets being on sale for a very short period of time combined with it being on a Wednesday night.

We have sold our next home game against Wigan.

I think the true decider will be if the board do the un-thinkable and had the fat twat the job full time- just watch the season tickets come available should that happen, could drive away even more of the older Chelsea fans further ripping the soul out of the club.

To be fair we are generally selling out every game home and away at the moment despite the FSW.

Pretty sure last night had more to do with the fact it was re-scheduled with very short notice with the tickets being on sale for a very short period of time combined with it being on a Wednesday night.

We have sold our next home game against Wigan.

I think the true decider will be if the board do the un-thinkable and had the fat twat the job full time- just watch the season tickets come available should that happen, could drive away even more of the older Chelsea fans further ripping the soul out of the club.

Agree with this completley.

Absolutley no surprise that it was a poor crowd last night, and dont think too much can be read into it. With more notice and in any other month it wouldve been a sell out.

I dont think we are at the stage (yet) where we can claim fans unhappyness is affecting attendance.

Can't agree lads, Wigan may have sold out but to the touts more than true Chelsea fans.

Take the 'big games' like Man City and Arsenal away and you will see a rapid decline in membership sales and tickets on offer from season tickets on Viago.

I have a mate who works in the Chelsea ticket office and he told me the tickets lately have gone on General Sale at a rapid rate.

I've got a mate who's been a blue all his life - he hasn't been to The Bridge since the 70's and we were planning to go to a match this year.

Now he tells me he doesn't want to go there, the atmos looks poisonous. He doesn't really care if we win or lose, but when lifelong fans feel rejected by their club, now that's a tragedy.

Would a boycott work? How many people would you stop from heading to SB? Even if you got 10-15K every game, over lets say a 3 month period, you talking small money in terms of revenue for Chelsea. Ticket revenue only accounts for about 10% of income. Lets say you have a 55 game season. Now with what's remaining you talking a hit on 20 games. Not even half our games, so your talking a 2% drop in terms of revenue, as compared to last years, which should be up by more than 1% anyhow..Your boycott will have little influence in terms of revenue even if you could drop bridge numbers by 15K per game and since this board only talk in numbers, I can't see it having much of an effect. Far better off, get everyone into the bridge, and  let your voices be heard for a full 90 minutes per game and voicing your opinions wherever you can...

I've got a mate who's been a blue all his life - he hasn't been to The Bridge since the 70's and we were planning to go to a match this year.

Now he tells me he doesn't want to go there, the atmos looks poisonous. He doesn't really care if we win or lose, but when lifelong fans feel rejected by their club, now that's a tragedy.

"Feels rejected by their club"......well to be fair, he hasn't been since the 70's.  He can't complain too much about anything in my opinion.

"Feels rejected by their club"......well to be fair, he hasn't been since the 70's.  He can't complain too much about anything in my opinion.

I'm sure he's a patient man, hopefully won't be another 40 years before he gets the chance

'He doesn't really care if we win or lose', not sure what that means though.

What I've noticed is that the usual suspects, rent a scouse Mickey Quinn et al, have used Wednesday's attendance to bang out the same old: "Not a big club, just a rich club" bollocks. No mention of any possible Benitez effect naturally, or of the fact that it was a hastily rearranged fixture as correctly identified above. Oh no, it's because we're "not as big as we think we are".

A truly trite argument if ever there was one.

But how big do we think we are? Maybe not as big as the average scouser thinks we think we are, but bigger than that self same average scouse git wants us to be, that's for sure.

Under Hodgson, in 2010/11, Liverpool got less than 35,000 at home to Bolton, and less than 40,000 at home to Villa.

Their Europa League attendances have been poor .. 25,000 at home to Steau Bucharest, 33,000 at home to Napoli and others around the 30,000 mark.

They have 4 CL home games where the attendance was around 30,000.

Check the attendance here, under their beloved "Rafa" ..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/8451900.stm

Chelsea invariably sell-out FA Cup games, no matter the opposition.

TD that is probably the best quote I've ever read on 'how big Chelsea are'. It also points out to what a stupid argument the whole 'how big are x football club?'. Who gives a flying toss?

We could have 4,000 or 400,000,000 fans. It doesn't matter to me. CFC will always be the biggest thing to me. And that, inevitably, is all that matters.

Archived