Please help Slough Town FC Return Home

mark44stfc

Hello All,

We are trying to gain signatures for a petition against government intervention in our bid to return back to Slough.

We have been playing outside of the town since 2003 groundsharing at Windsor first and now Beaconsfield SYCOB. We play in the 8th tier of English football but before all our ground issues started was an up and coming team riding high in the Conference.

Over the last 5 years we have been working closely with the council on a new proposed site for our ground which would also bring sports facilities to local schools, other Slough based clubs and much needed housing. However, the department of education have now stepped in demanding that the site is used for a new faith school, even though they had a different site originally.

The petition is therefore basically against government intervention and to let the council do their job.

I would be very grateful if you could sign, it takes just two minutes and then a confirmation link is sent to your e-mail which you just need to click.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47176

Two of your players were born and bred in Slough (Sam Hutchinson and Billy Clifford), Thanks in advance

The plans are actually for a Sikh School. Not that it makes a difference, any form of "faith school" can only serve to segregate and alienate. And to indoctrinate of course. Somehow I don't think that the residents of Stoke Poges would raise the same kind of objection to a C of E or RC school. But maybe I'm wrong.

Signed, by the way.

Thankyou everyone. Of all the forums I have posted on this has been one of the best responses along with Mansfield and hitchin.

Unfortunately a 3-2 defeat today has all but ended our playoff hopes for this season but get a ground and we can start moving back up the leagues once again.

Thankyou everyone. Of all the forums I have posted on this has been one of the best responses along with Mansfield and hitchin.

Unfortunately a 3-2 defeat today has all but ended our playoff hopes for this season but get a ground and we can start moving back up the leagues once again.

Bad luck!  Hope your petition works.  It's absurd for central government to be working against local councils.   :mad:

Just waiting for the email confirmation.  Good luck to another famous Non- League team.  I remember a Big Match where they zoomed into our fans and one of them was holding up a Slough Town scarf!

Yeah, I remember there was a small crew from Slough used to go in the Shed, and another from Basingstoke.

Archived