£25m for Lallana?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Before we laugh too hard, it's worth bearing in mind that we only paid £4m less than that for Shaun Wright-Phillips nine years ago. Don't get me wrong, I love having a good laugh at Liverpool, but I don't think we are really in any position to make fun of anyone else for paying inflated prices for players.

Guest RFC_CFC

He's nothing special and just another example of how inflated our home grown players are.

We got a world class midfielder with 1 World Cup, 2 European Championships, CL, Spanish titles ect for effectively the same price.

Dumb scousers

I just don't see where they will play him, or who he replaces. Will that mean Henderson drops deeper, or will he take coutinho or sterlings position? Not really what they needed.

I just don't see where they will play him, or who he replaces. Will that mean Henderson drops deeper, or will he take coutinho or sterlings position? Not really what they needed.

They've got European football this season so need a larger squad. 

Also it's starting to look more and more likely that Suarez is Barca bound so you would imagine that Liverpool's first choice front three would be Lallana - Sturridge - Sterling. 

Not sure that's anything to be too fearful of myself, personally I don't see them maintaining a title challenge this coming season. 

They've got European football this season so need a larger squad. 

Also it's starting to look more and more likely that Suarez is Barca bound so you would imagine that Liverpool's first choice front three would be Lallana - Sturridge - Sterling. 

Not sure that's anything to be too fearful of myself, personally I don't see them maintaining a title challenge this coming season. 

There is absolutely no way that we'd sell suarez and not replace him, lallana will be playing in midfield not as one of the front 3. I've said this in other threads, he's a bit over priced, I think 20mill should have been the ceiling price for him, but we paid more because he will fit great into our system, rodgers can get the best out of players through his system, you only have to look at the difference in gerrards performance this season for liverpool where he was very good (yes i know, the slip...) compared to his england performances in a different system

Also was this thread only made for the terrible joke in the op? jesus

There is absolutely no way that we'd sell suarez and not replace him, lallana will be playing in midfield not as one of the front 3. I've said this in other threads, he's a bit over priced, I think 20mill should have been the ceiling price for him, but we paid more because he will fit great into our system, rodgers can get the best out of players through his system, you only have to look at the difference in gerrards performance this season for liverpool where he was very good (yes i know, the slip...) compared to his england performances in a different system

Also was this thread only made for the terrible joke in the op? jesus

Okay so if Suarez is sold and then you're in the market for another striker, who are you going to get? 

We, Chelsea, have been looking for a top quality striker for two years now and have only managed to sign one because they had a release clause. 

Top quality striking options are like gold dust, which is why Barca are willing to take a punt on a liability like Suarez. 

I see Liverpool linked with Balotelli this morning... I don't even know what to make of that one. 

As for Lallana, okay so if he's not playing in the front three... Who does? Right now it's Sterling - Sturridge - Can? As I said I just don't see Liverpool maintaining a title challenge this year, I don't see their current squad coping with the demands of league and European football. 

Last year was your chance because United bombed with the Moyes appointment, Mourinho was transitioning the Chelsea team, mostly midfield and upfront and City were playing their first season under a new manager. 

All three of City, Chelsea and United will be better next season and if Wenger decides get the cheque book out and avoids a lengthy injury list again who knows what he can achieve? 

That's exactly my thoughts where exactly will he play for them?

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Guest RFC_CFC

They won't replace Suarez as there isn't a striker availavle who can.

The scouse scum are screwed.

Okay so if Suarez is sold and then you're in the market for another striker, who are you going to get? 

We, Chelsea, have been looking for a top quality striker for two years now and have only managed to sign one because they had a release clause. 

Top quality striking options are like gold dust, which is why Barca are willing to take a punt on a liability like Suarez. 

I see Liverpool linked with Balotelli this morning... I don't even know what to make of that one. 

As for Lallana, okay so if he's not playing in the front three... Who does? Right now it's Sterling - Sturridge - Can? As I said I just don't see Liverpool maintaining a title challenge this year, I don't see their current squad coping with the demands of league and European football. 

Last year was your chance because United bombed with the Moyes appointment, Mourinho was transitioning the Chelsea team, mostly midfield and upfront and City were playing their first season under a new manager. 

All three of City, Chelsea and United will be better next season and if Wenger decides get the cheque book out and avoids a lengthy injury list again who knows what he can achieve? 

we've been heavily linked with sanchez for a while, whilst he isnt as good as suarez him and about 40 mill (which is what the papers seem to suggest) would go a long way to improve the team as a whole. Im not focused on other teams, only liverpool, think we'll improve too and i think rodgers is a fantastic manager, either way i think this will be a very competitive season that im massively looking forward to 

we've been heavily linked with sanchez for a while, whilst he isnt as good as suarez him and about 40 mill (which is what the papers seem to suggest) would go a long way to improve the team as a whole. Im not focused on other teams, only liverpool, think we'll improve too and i think rodgers is a fantastic manager, either way i think this will be a very competitive season that im massively looking forward to 

From what I've read Sanchez isn't looking to leave Barca. 

Very hard to improve your side when you're selling by far and away your best player.

Until the defense is addressed I remain very cynical about Liverpool's title credentials, conceding 50 league goals is just criminal and there's no way you can be successful by being that open at the back.  

Guest RFC_CFC

Yeah why would Sanchez go to Liverpool?

He's happy at Barca and is a regular scorer...

Liverpool are a flash in the pan so far as last season goes, now they ar elosing the only player to get them back in the top 4 I don't see a class player like Sanchez dropping down a few levels to go there.

No chance.

From what I've read Sanchez isn't looking to leave Barca. 

Very hard to improve your side when you're selling by far and away your best player.

Until the defense is addressed I remain very cynical about Liverpool's title credentials, conceding 50 league goals is just criminal and there's no way you can be successful by being that open at the back.  

agreed about the defence, id love us to bring in a brilliant defensive coach, steve clarke was great for our back four.

i think if barca want suarez they have to give us sanchez, im not bothered if we force suarez to stay, he didnt want to be here last season but he was still fantastic 

Yeah why would Sanchez go to Liverpool?

He's happy at Barca and is a regular scorer...

Liverpool are a flash in the pan so far as last season goes, now they ar elosing the only player to get them back in the top 4 I don't see a class player like Sanchez dropping down a few levels to go there.

No chance.

barca dont want him, they push players out, see cesc 

agreed about the defence, id love us to bring in a brilliant defensive coach, steve clarke was great for our back four.

i think if barca want suarez they have to give us sanchez, im not bothered if we force suarez to stay, he didnt want to be here last season but he was still fantastic 

I just think Liverpool want shot of Suarez now, I don't see any other reason why they would have opened dialogue with Barca. 

Sanchez just doesn't seem like a Liverpool signing. You look at the caliber and profile of incoming Liverppol players over the last 4 years and there isn't any "star" names coming in.... Even the big money deals for the likes of Downing and Carroll were for players who didn't have big reputations. 

Guest RFC_CFC

barca dont want him, they push players out, see cesc

How do you know they don't want him? That's some claim

Just because the didn't want Cesc doesn't suddenly mean they don't want Sanchez for god sake lol.

I just think Liverpool want shot of Suarez now, I don't see any other reason why they would have opened dialogue with Barca. 

Sanchez just doesn't seem like a Liverpool signing. You look at the caliber and profile of incoming Liverppol players over the last 4 years and there isn't any "star" names coming in.... Even the big money deals for the likes of Downing and Carroll were for players who didn't have big reputations. 

yeah i get what you mean to be fair, either way im not massively worried, when fowler went owen stepped up, when owen left torres stepped up, we didnt think we'd be able to replace torres then we got suarez, we are quite good at signing one good striker, then usually a sh*t second one

How do you know they don't want him? That's some claim

Just because the didn't want Cesc doesn't suddenly mean they don't want Sanchez for god sake lol.

im just going by what the papers are saying, to be fair im getting all bi polar about the sanchez thing, one minute i reckon we'll get him the next im watching my 2005 champions league dvd crying about our recent lack of success!