Following Our Nearest and Dearest Rivals, 2014-15

Eight Times

Thought I'd get this up and running for us this season.

So what is everyone expecting from the big teams this year? Can see Liverpool struggling a bit more, especially with the added Champions League fixtures. Can see them fighting Arsenal for third place.

Man Utd.......I really don't know, hard to call at the moment.

Man City, got a feeling they will do well in the Champions League this year, obvious threat for the league.

Man Utd is a hard one to call as them strengthening in the right areas could really change the dynamic next season, we already know we, City and Arsenal are going to be stronger but United we just don't know. Same with Liverpool and Spurs I feel. Liverpool could be in for a tough ride without Suarez and European football to contend with. Spurs have a new manager who kets face it over achieved with Southampton last season so maybe can get them playing well and with 1 or 2 additions they could break the top four.

I think we will win the league though top three I feel will be us, City and Arsenal just a case of who out of United, Liverpool and Spurs takes the fourth spot. My moneys on United tbh mostly because of Van Gaal.

I think Chelsea will win the league and depending on how things play out I think we could finish either 3rd or 4th (Van Gaal was the most important signing). Sign Vidal though and I think we'll be contending for the title.  

There's a lot of work to be done at United, I wouldn't be too surprised to see them fall short of a Top 4 place.

I think many may have said the same about Liverpool last season, having no Europe and lets face it Van Gaal is a better manager than Rodgers is a huge plus for them

United's managed to spend £60m without actually improving their team, they've got a lot more rebuilding to do to even get close to breaking the top 4 again.

Shaw is a massive improvement on Evra who hasn't been able to defend for the last 2 seasons and Herrera is miles better than any of our current midfielders. LVG is also 10x better than Moyes. People are stupid to underestimate us. I'm not saying we're going to league because I think you guys will, but saying we'll struggle to finish top 4 when Liverpool have just lost Suarez is a bit too much IMO.  

See I think United letting both Vidic and Evra go is a mistake as their experience would be invaluable to the young players, Shaw will take time to bed in, you should keep Evra on for a year so he can learn from him.

You'll find on here mate aswell that alot of people think you're going to do well next year (me included) but I think you'll fall short of the title because of your defence.

See I think United letting both Vidic and Evra go is a mistake as their experience would be invaluable to the young players, Shaw will take time to bed in, you should keep Evra on for a year so he can learn from him.

You'll find on here mate aswell that alot of people think you're going to do well next year (me included) but I think you'll fall short of the title because of your defence.

I'm disappointed we're losing Evra since he could have taken Shaw under his wing, but if he really is being used to help along the Vidal deal then I won't feel so bad. 

We definitely do need 2 new CBs since I don't trust our current 3 to stay injury free. Liverpool finished 2nd with their defense though so I'm confident we can get top 4 with the current squad. 

I'm disappointed we're losing Evra since he could have taken Shaw under his wing, but if he really is being used to help along the Vidal deal then I won't feel so bad.

We definitely do need 2 new CBs since I don't trust our current 3 to stay injury free. Liverpool finished 2nd with their defense though so I'm confident we can get top 4 with the current squad.

I definitely think you'll get top 4, no European football is a huge plus for you

Shaw is a massive improvement on Evra who hasn't been able to defend for the last 2 seasons and Herrera is miles better than any of our current midfielders. LVG is also 10x better than Moyes. People are stupid to underestimate us. I'm not saying we're going to league because I think you guys will, but saying we'll struggle to finish top 4 when Liverpool have just lost Suarez is a bit too much IMO.  

You've lost three of your starting back four and bought a midfielder who turns 25 before the start of the season who has failed to win a single senior international cap. 

Neither of Jones or Smalling have progressed enough as defenders to warrant being first choice at United and if paired alongside Shaw in defense, who has no European experience, the entire defense looks inexperienced and weak. 

Carrick is your best midfielder and he'll be 33 going into the new season and playing 4-2-3-1 you can't play RVP (if fit), Rooney and Mata without playing at least two of them out of position. 

There's far too much work to do to suggest that United are going to go from finishing 7th to easily challenging for a top 4 spot.

Us, Arsenal and City have already strengthened our teams and despite losing Suarez, Liverpool are still adding depth to their squad which should help them maintain their top 4 spot. 

I think man united could finish as high as 3rd if they make some more big signings, arsenal will be a bit stronger but again they will win the 4th place trophy, chelsea will win it in style on like 91 points with city coming second. Liverpool will go back down to 6th I think and everton 5th again and spuds 7th. Hopefully those QPR dorks and sunderland dolts get relegated, and if WBA join them this will all be a perfect season.

You've lost three of your starting back four and bought a midfielder who turns 25 before the start of the season who has failed to win a single senior international cap. 

Neither of Jones or Smalling have progressed enough as defenders to warrant being first choice at United and if paired alongside Shaw in defense, who has no European experience, the entire defense looks inexperienced and weak. 

Carrick is your best midfielder and he'll be 33 going into the new season and playing 4-2-3-1 you can't play RVP (if fit), Rooney and Mata without playing at least two of them out of position. 

There's far too much work to do to suggest that United are going to go from finishing 7th to easily challenging for a top 4 spot.

Us, Arsenal and City have already strengthened our teams and despite losing Suarez, Liverpool are still adding depth to their squad which should help them maintain their top 4 spot. 

It's obvious you don't understand United's true problems. Our problems last season were down to Moyes, the players not playing for him, a lack of confidence, his poor tactics (constantly rotating the squad, especially the CBs so we never had the same line up in 50 odd games + bizarre selections), and his prehistoric training sessions that focused on fitness rather than passing or ball work, the same ones that did RVP in. 

And yes while we've lost Rio, Vidic and Erva, saying that they're our starters is a bit too much. None of them bar Evra have been consistent starters for us for 2 going on 3 seasons now. Yes it will be a big loss of experience which I hope we will replace, but this isn't the Vidic and Rio of 2008 we've lost. Both are terribly slow and well past their best. 

As for Arsenal and Liverpool -  well Liverpool have just lost their only world class player and are replacing them with mid table squad players at best. They're basically doing a Spurs after Bale went. The lose of Suarez, having to play extra fixtures due to CL and the fact they blew their big chance to win mean they're a lot weaker than last season, and while Arsenal have a great player in Sanchez they've still yet to address their most glaring weakness in not having a proper striker who can score. 

To pay 40m plus Evra for Vidal is not very smart in my opinion.

I believe, United still have not added any decent defensive player. To me that should be their priority. Perhaps then I will consider United a threat in the next season.

Midfield is the bigger priority, has been for the last 5 years and still is now. 

To pay 40m plus Evra for Vidal is not very smart in my opinion.

I believe, United still have not added any decent defensive player. To me that should be their priority. Perhaps then I will consider United a threat in the next season.

Transfer windows open for a little while longer yet lol

I think man united could finish as high as 3rd if they make some more big signings, arsenal will be a bit stronger but again they will win the 4th place trophy, chelsea will win it in style on like 91 points with city coming second. Liverpool will go back down to 6th I think and everton 5th again and spuds 7th. Hopefully those QPR dorks and sunderland dolts get relegated, and if WBA join them this will all be a perfect season.

Really hope you're right lol

I think its gonna take over 90 points to win it.

B. J.

Just midfield? No problem on your defense?

Of course the defense is a problem but the bigger problem is our midfield so if we could only address one area I'd rather we sort that out first; our defense will look better with a competent midfield in front of it to shield it. There's still a long way to go in the transfer window though and I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll sort out both.   

It's obvious you don't understand United's true problems. Our problems last season were down to Moyes, the players not playing for him, a lack of confidence, his poor tactics (constantly rotating the squad, especially the CBs so we never had the same line up in 50 odd games + bizarre selections), and his prehistoric training sessions that focused on fitness rather than passing or ball work, the same ones that did RVP in. 

And yes while we've lost Rio, Vidic and Erva, saying that they're our starters is a bit too much. None of them bar Evra have been consistent starters for us for 2 going on 3 seasons now. Yes it will be a big loss of experience which I hope we will replace, but this isn't the Vidic and Rio of 2008 we've lost. Both are terribly slow and well past their best. 

As for Arsenal and Liverpool -  well Liverpool have just lost their only world class player and are replacing them with mid table squad players at best. They're basically doing a Spurs after Bale went. The lose of Suarez, having to play extra fixtures due to CL and the fact they blew their big chance to win mean they're a lot weaker than last season, and while Arsenal have a great player in Sanchez they've still yet to address their most glaring weakness in not having a proper striker who can score. 

I'm sorry but you can't blame everything on Moyes, if playing for Manchester United and getting paid £100k a week isn't motivation enough to finish in the top 4 then I don't know what is. 

Despite their age Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra were comfortably your best defenders mainly because Jones, Smalling and Buttner were sh*t. 

You're saying Liverpool are doing a Spurs but so far that's exactly what United are doing, difference being you're just spunking £100m up the wall without having sold anyone. 

I'm sorry but you can't blame everything on Moyes, if playing for Manchester United and getting paid £100k a week isn't motivation enough to finish in the top 4 then I don't know what is. 

Despite their age Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra were comfortably your best defenders mainly because Jones, Smalling and Buttner were sh*t. 

You're saying Liverpool are doing a Spurs but so far that's exactly what United are doing, difference being you're just spunking £100m up the wall without having sold anyone. 

Coming from the team that forced out Andre Villas-Boas ...... 

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. 

I'm sorry, I forget what happened that season... I think we may have won something but I forget what, hmmmm. 

Then maybe the same will happen for us after getting rid of that goblin, Moyes  :wink:

Archived