Following Our Nearest and Dearest Rivals, 2014-15

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

You'll have a job, you've got to be in it to win it. 

Was thinking more the title, it's a long shot, a very very long shot actually but I still think we have a chance however minute. 

I think Man Utd are a good three or four major signings away from being genuine title challengers. Van Gaal will undoubtedly be an improvement on Moyes, and will likely do a better job getting players to play beyond their usual level of ability, but I doubt he will be able to induce title-winning performances out of this squad over the course of the entire season.

Blaming Moyes for everything wrong with Utd is so blinkered, he was left with a ramshackle defence, an almost non existent midfield and a petulant prat of a striker. Shaws signing will have no benefit if he is to play alongside the likes of Jones, Smalling etc. I quite like how LVG is now seen as a fix all for the woes at Utd though, could be a fun season.

Blaming Moyes for everything wrong with Utd is so blinkered, he was left with a ramshackle defence, an almost non existent midfield and a petulant prat of a striker. Shaws signing will have no benefit if he is to play alongside the likes of Jones, Smalling etc. I quite like how LVG is now seen as a fix all for the woes at Utd though, could be a fun season.

Just like Moyes was the chosen one last season.  They definitely wouldn't have preferred Jose, oh no, definitely not!

How are people feeling about our moves relative to others so far?

Mangala strengthens City's defence as does Fernando in the holding role

Herrera and Shaw are ones for the future at United, but Vidal could make them a force again.

Sanchez and apparently Khedira are in to strengthen Arsenal

Liverpool have signed some younger lights but have let go their best player

How are we placed with Costa and Fabregas (with Luis potentially still to come)

How are people feeling about our moves relative to others so far?

Mangala strengthens City's defence as does Fernando in the holding role

Herrera and Shaw are ones for the future at United, but Vidal could make them a force again.

Sanchez and apparently Khedira are in to strengthen Arsenal

Liverpool have signed some younger lights but have let go their best player

How are we placed with Costa and Fabregas (with Luis potentially still to come)

I'd say very well placed, we almost won the title last season without a top striker (I still believe we would have done had Eto'o and Hazard not got injured when they did) and Fabregas & Costa look like filling exactly what we lacked last season. I'm pretty sure Filipe Luis is co ing in also and he will be a great addition go the team, call me over confident but I really think the titles coming back to the Bridge next season.

I think Chelsea will win the league and depending on how things play out I think we could finish either 3rd or 4th (Van Gaal was the most important signing). Sign Vidal though and I think we'll be contending for the title.  

I don't like to laugh at people post out of complete ignorance but will you stop posting stuff like this, that's just ridiculous. It's something I used to think of in year 7, the more players you sign the more time it will take for them to learn how to play together, there is such a thing called transition you know?

Also Vidal didn't exactly have the best of seasons last season, but not many know that because 90 percent of the people that call him world class have never seen the bloke play.

Why is it that everyone was so frustrated and annoyed with Redandwhite when B.J. is like 20 times worse with his cringe worthy posts like he's the Glazors accountant.

Jesus CHRIST mate.

I'll disagree with you there Slawth, Vidal is a star. I have thought as much since I watched play for Leverkusen (we should have signed him when he left there). Hampered a little but injury last season, but there isn't a part of the game he doesn't do well. 

Why is it that everyone was so frustrated and annoyed with Redandwhite when B.J. is like 20 times worse with his cringe worthy posts like he's the Glazors accountant.

Jesus CHRIST mate.

All that guy did was repeat himself over and over and over and then he'd quote people and repeat himself and then you'd end with a page of just him saying the same thing over and over again.

Edited by Stim

I think arsenal will do much better next season, but Arsene wenger will still be the same. He doesn't seem to have a plan b when things aren't going right. Playing the "walk it in the goal" style of play can only work for so long. I think the difference between us and other teams is our manager and attitude. We buy players from lesser teams and turn them into hardworking, give it all for the team, type of players. I am confident that whoever we buy, they will come good. I think our squad has enough depth to compete in every competition next year. Last year we could have made the CL final if it wasn't for the fact we had to play a team who play an almost identical way to us.

Edited by enigma

United sign a 750m kit contract deal for 10 years with Adidas. What the flying ****? Weren't Nike refusing to give them 500m or something? 

edit: that's double what RM are getting, apparently. f**k

Edited by MANoWAR

I'll disagree with you there Slawth, Vidal is a star. I have thought as much since I watched play for Leverkusen (we should have signed him when he left there). Hampered a little but injury last season, but there isn't a part of the game he doesn't do well. 

I never said he wasn't, I think he is a good player from what I've seen of him. Many people say he's one of the best, I've never seen that in him but I believe it because so many say it.

But he did have a bad season last season also due to injuries, that could weaken him, especially with him being a runner.

United sign a 750m kit contract deal for 10 years with Adidas. What the flying ****? Weren't Nike refusing to give them 500m or something? 

edit: that's double what RM are getting, apparently. f**k

It's all good MoW. The Glazers will take half of that as a cut. 

So apparently a breakdown of United's sponsorship deals:

Chevrolet - £53 million

Adidas - £75 million

AON - £22.5 million (training ground)

So excluding any ticket sales, TV revenue etc, £150.5 million a season.

Pressure is on mr gourlay I would imagine

Pressure is on mr gourlay I would imagine

I wonder if we was smart enough to negotiate any clauses in our agreement that either sees our deal increase or for a break clause to be there should a rival team get a better deal like United have. 

I doubt it but it's not unheard of.