iPad

JM7

Thinking of buying an ipad. Bit confused by how many there is. Is there much difference between a normal ipad and ipad air?

I will mainly use it for photos and web browsing, nothing too heavy.

Ipad air 2 is out soon, not sure I can justify spending £400 plus on one.

Anyone help?

Bought the iPad 2 when it came out a couple of years ago and still use it, it's an investment but a fantastic replacement to a lap-top if you have one, I have a PC so an iPad is a perfect portable version for me, barely take it out of the house, but often find myself hanging upside down off the closet browsing the score of the latest chelsea game.

Would always recommend Nexus 10 or the new Nexus 9 over an iPad. Far more bang for your buck, and much cheaper. They also both have front facing speakers which are great for watching videos.

If your dead set on an iPad, the Air is a stunning tablet with a top screen.

I've been looking at purchasing a tablet

I don't want an Apple product as:

A) They're too pricey

B) I don't think you can live stream on it

C) I can't put stock firmares on it

Was tempted by Nexus 7 but Nexus 9 has now come out so I may buy that

I was also looking at a couple of Samsung tablets : Tab S 8.4 and Tab Pro 8.4  (I want nothing too big)

You can buy these around £200-£250 but I may wait till Christmas time now

Well I got an iPad air in the end. Must say I'm delighted with it. Really quick and smart. Got it for £319 from Currys.

Only annoying thing is lack of flash so no streaming football on it. I knew it before I bought but never mind, I can get the laptop out for streaming.

Guest RFC_CFC

Well I got an iPad air in the end. Must say I'm delighted with it. Really quick and smart. Got it for £319 from Currys.

Only annoying thing is lack of flash so no streaming football on it. I knew it before I bought but never mind, I can get the laptop out for streaming.

You can stream from Ipad mate.

Download puffin browser from app store then stream away.

Guest RFC_CFC

I downloaded Puffin (free version) and it's slow. Is the paid version better?

I paid mate but it was £1.99 a year or so ago.

I only use it for streaming football nothing else

Guest RFC_CFC

Remember put it in theatre mode on the stream lads, no adverts or pop ups then and it's full screen.

Also good to watch films and TV shows if you like

If jailbreaking, you can run xbmc on it along with addons.

Will need to await the ios8 jailbreak though as can't revert to ios7.

The powers that be are saying a jailbreak wont be out for IOS8 till about early December. This makes Uno sad! I need to jailbreak my iphone 6. I havent even updated to 8.1 because they have put a block on the backdated apps. Which means if you did update you cant run emulators on your iphone which sucks donkey balls!

Pangu have jailbroken ios 8 but there are a few bugs in the break and cydia isnt on it just yet. I havent used Pangu before, I have always used evasi0n to jailbreak my phone but they are very quiet on an 8 jailbreak at the moment. Who do you use to jailbreak Mod?

I think it's more that they couldn't crack ios7 and pissed that Pangu could.

I find it fine, no different at all. If anything, better than previous jailbreaks with very limited crashes.

There are ios8 tweaks for ios7 on cydia, so more than happy to carry on running it.

Have you jailbroken or went with ios8?

Archived