West Brom vs. Chelsea (PL) 23/08/15 KO 13:30 BST

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just watched Sky's interviews after the game. F*** me if I thought in 2012 that Cesc Fabregas and Pedro will be standing in front of a camera in royal blue and speaking for my team. Puts hatred of other teams' players in perspective, doesn't it?

You're telling me pal, I hated those two with a passion, now we see them in blue, well cesc still is a bit pompous but it's for us so I like him, Pedro seems like such a nice little fella, always smiling, humble, hard working, top little chap 

3 points away to West Brom, on a cold, windy and wet afternoon aint bad at all!! Nicely done boys.

Are hard fought match (in the second half especially, but expected) but we got what we cam for - A few observations from the game:

- Pedro a class act! He's going to add a new dimension to that front three! Lovely!

- Matic, just hasn't got started this season, too slow, just seems his head is not in the game!

- Ivanovic still a liability on the right!

- Cesc FAR too wasteful when in possession! That said he will be key to getting Pedro acclimatized to the EPL!!

- Costa looked good, threatening, strong and hungry! Welcome Back

- GREAT to see Azpi on the score sheet, and deserves it after that run from the left flank! Well done!

- Willian still not good enough for me, wasteful with passes and SHOULD OF BLOODY SCORED!! Grrrr

- The high line Jose' wants to play for our CB's is going to cause Terry a world of pain! His suspension might allow Jose to start with Zouma and Cahill/Ivanovic as CB's and maybe bring in Baba on the left and Azpi on the right (here's to hoping we see this against Palace)

- Hazard is starting to get in gear, did some good tracking back to support the defense too!! Nice to see

All in all - 3 points. 3 goals, 3 scorers, 3 Spaniards! KTBFFH! Carefree!

What a player Pedro looks like he could be. Potent threat on both flanks with Costa up front will bring about an increased goal return.

Good three points, they're not an easy side.

Was disappointed Willian was subbed off, I'd have looked at Hazard or Matic. The willingness to run of Willian and Ramires encapsulates the famous work ethic Jose champions.

3 points away to West Brom, on a cold, windy and wet afternoon aint bad at all!! Nicely done boys.

Are hard fought match (in the second half especially, but expected) but we got what we cam for - A few observations from the game:

- Pedro a class act! He's going to add a new dimension to that front three! Lovely!

- Matic, just hasn't got started this season, too slow, just seems his head is not in the game!

- Ivanovic still a liability on the right!

- Cesc FAR too wasteful when in possession! That said he will be key to getting Pedro acclimatized to the EPL!!

- Costa looked good, threatening, strong and hungry! Welcome Back

- GREAT to see Azpi on the score sheet, and deserves it after that run from the left flank! Well done!

- Willian still not good enough for me, wasteful with passes and SHOULD OF BLOODY SCORED!! Grrrr

- The high line Jose' wants to play for our CB's is going to cause Terry a world of pain! His suspension might allow Jose to start with Zouma and Cahill/Ivanovic as CB's and maybe bring in Baba on the left and Azpi on the right (here's to hoping we see this against Palace)

- Hazard is starting to get in gear, did some good tracking back to support the defense too!! Nice to see

All in all - 3 points. 3 goals, 3 scorers, 3 Spaniards! KTBFFH! Carefree!

Notice the guys without competition for their place all playing mince....something to that 

Great to have our first win of the season. What a player Pedro looks like - hope he can keep the form up for the next few games. 

I really can’t understand how anyone can say it wasn’t a red for JT. Minimal contact but once you’re on the wrong side and the defender is running through on goal that’s a red every day of the week. Better to just accept the punishment and move on. 

3 points - on to the next. 

Great to get the first win on the board, and also very satisfying to see Pedro give us the added dimension going forward that:

a) most of us thought he could give us &

b) we so desperately needed

It's still a worry that the combo of Cesc/Matic is failing to protect the defence as well as it seemed to for most of last season, but I'm sure that most of this is still a result of the crap pre-season arrangements, and how little time Jose has had with the team. I really can't emphasise how much of a f**k up this was from the club. It's disappointing.

Anyway, on to Palace and I'm sure we will build fitness and momentum. JT is having a hard time at the moment, but he's still the main man. He'll come through it.

It'll be interesting to see who misses out most in the coming weeks between Pedro/Willian/Oscar.

I suspect it may be the latter.

Great to have our first win of the season. What a player Pedro looks like - hope he can keep the form up for the next few games. 

I really can’t understand how anyone can say it wasn’t a red for JT. Minimal contact but once you’re on the wrong side and the defender is running through on goal that’s a red every day of the week. Better to just accept the punishment and move on. 

3 points - on to the next. 

I am sorry mate I just don't accept that as a red card, Football is a contact sport and it was minimal contact at that which has caused the forward to go down which is why I dont think it was a red

Had there been a tangle of legs or trip than at that pace you could go down and the red would be understandable but an arm on the shoulder is not sufficient-If we are going to hand out cards for arms on shoulders etc. than every corner in every game will end up as a penalty and we'll end up playing 5 a side

Wouldn't go nuts on pedro just yet...i remember deco's first match lol. A great debut regardless though.

John terry and ivanovic aren't match fit yet. Terry is being exposed when having to turn and run, and Ivan is letting everything past him on his side of the field.

Fabregas is killing me right now, offering nothing in attack and nothing in defence. A pure passenger in the first 3 matches.

Adding Varane and/or Stones would give us peace of mind at the back, going forward with terry starting every time would cause me much anxiety lol.

In fairness Fab did provide the pass for Diego's accidental assist to Dave.

I am sorry mate I just don't accept that as a red card, Football is a contact sport and it was minimal contact at that which has caused the forward to go down which is why I dont think it was a red

Had there been a tangle of legs or trip than at that pace you could go down and the red would be understandable but an arm on the shoulder is not sufficient-If we are going to hand out cards for arms on shoulders etc. than every corner in every game will end up as a penalty and we'll end up playing 5 a side

Put it this way - if the hand goes on Eden's shoulder like that when he's through on goal you'd be calling for a foul and a red when he goes down. You're saying it was a soft contact - I agree - but it was a small pull on his arm (however soft) when he's running through on goal on the wrong side of the defender. That will always be given as foul, and the minute it's a foul because of the placement it has to be a red. 

Put it this way - if the hand goes on Eden's shoulder like that when he's through on goal you'd be calling for a foul and a red when he goes down. You're saying it was a soft contact - I agree - but it was a small pull on his arm (however soft) when he's running through on goal on the wrong side of the defender. That will always be given as foul, and the minute it's a foul because of the placement it has to be a red. 

To be fair we have had some harsh calls in the recent past and if that was Hazard going through on goal and brought down I dont believe anyone would have been up in arms if it went against us.

My point regarding the incident in question is that it was an arm on the shoulder which should not be sufficient to bring a fully grown athlete down in a contact sport-if he has gone down I would put it down to lack of balance (in which case its not a goal scoring opportunity) or a dive

If it was a tangle of legs or a trip than at that pace he would naturally go down and because of Terrys position he should have been red carded but not for an arm on the shoulder. 

For what it's worth, my Liverpool supporting boss said she though it definitely wasn't a red - not even a foul.  That sealed it for me.

People the Campaign has never stopped - don't be fooled with a Double Winning Season

To be fair we have had some harsh calls in the recent past and if that was Hazard going through on goal and brought down I dont believe anyone would have been up in arms if it went against us.

My point regarding the incident in question is that it was an arm on the shoulder which should not be sufficient to bring a fully grown athlete down in a contact sport-if he has gone down I would put it down to lack of balance (in which case its not a goal scoring opportunity) or a dive

If it was a tangle of legs or a trip than at that pace he would naturally go down and because of Terrys position he should have been red carded but not for an arm on the shoulder. 

Problem is if you make contact in that situation, you run the risk, tibo should have been out to collect that anyway