Fallout 4

Zinc

Did you play the base version?

If so, how was it? (Not sure if I'm into tactical RPG games, I've only played a couple of them so far)

I sure did. It's fantastic. Wasteland 2 is the real Fallout 3. It's about as much tactical as the original Fallout games. Just check the credits for the games and you'll find overlappings like Brian Fargo (Wasteland, Fallout, Wasteland 2) or Chris Avellone (Fallout 2, Wasteland 2).

I sure did. It's fantastic. Wasteland 2 is the real Fallout 3. It's about as much tactical as the original Fallout games. Just check the credits for the games and you'll find overlappings like Brian Fargo (Wasteland, Fallout, Wasteland 2) or Chris Avellone (Fallout 2, Wasteland 2).

Wow, I guess I may give it a try after I'm done playing a couple of old games.

Thanks for the info by the way!

To those who are gonna play Fallout 4 on PC (like me), the specs for it have just been released.

Minimum
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

For more info:

EDIT: You can use this site to check if your PC can run it.

No, they had a custom made processing chip or something on PS3 which made coding the games a bitch (apparently) they're now using an "off thee shelf" one but it means the PS3 disc can't work on PS4

Cheers FC.  I had heard that it wasn't going to be backward compatible, so wanted to make sure.  Better get my last couple of games done before buying a PS4

If that get the fanny hanging off your end I dunno what will.

If history has taught us anything a heavy obsession with video games is the key to a healthy and active social and love life.

Pop your Zit's and put new selotape on your glasses before you go out, guaranteed to get balls deep.

I'll share some pics of it all when I get it just to truly rub your nose in it

Damn you.....damn you to hell.

Will I need to play Wasteland 2 to understand the story of the new one?

Also, is the PS4 backwards compatible or not?

Not at all, it's like a game of the year edition. Same game with all existing additional content, updates, fixes, etc...

No idea about PS4. I play only on pc.

Pretty excited for this.

New to the whole Black Friday phenomenon.. is it likely stores will bundle PS4's and Fallout for an outrageous price? 

Unlikely.

Bundles with a game that has just been released, especially those who are less than a month old, are probably not going to have a huge price cut.

Unlikely.

Bundles with a game that has just been released, especially those who are less than a month old, are probably not going to have a huge price cut.

Last year game.co.uk did a PS4 with GTA V, Last of Us, Some other game and a year subscription to PS Plus for £399.

GTA 5 had been out for a year on PS3 but only about two weeks on PS4, so I'm hoping it might not be out of the realms of possibility.

Archived