Fallout 4

Zinc

Yep looks brilliant.

I want to get it for PC, for the mods, but don't think my computer could handle it nowadays. My CPU is pretty poor.

Bethesda's games usually doesn't require a high end PC to play and looking at the graphics from the trailers, I think the graphics is somewhat akin to the PC games released in 2012/2013 such as Bioshock Infinite, Arkham Origins and Mass Effect 3.

Though to be extra certain, we have to check the specs that will probably be out a month before the official game release date.

You should try the original Fallout and especially Fallout 2. Best game ever. Won't comment on Fallout 3, I thrashed it often enough in the games thread.

Agreed. Fallout 2 is the best in the series.

If I were to rank them, it will be Fallout 2 > Fallout > New Vegas > Fallout 3.

I've never played Fallout and although I know it has very little to do with the Fallout games other than the subject matter, but have any of you played the mobile game Fallout Shelter? If so, is in it good and why? I've heard people raving about it recently, so I've been wondering if it's worth taking a look at. 

Yep looks brilliant.

I want to get it for PC, for the mods, but don't think my computer could handle it nowadays. My CPU is pretty poor.

Mods are coming to both Xbox One and PS4 editions of the game.

Said it in the other thread, I've got the Pip-Boy special edition of Fallout 4 on pre order really looking forward to playing it.

I've never played Fallout and although I know it has very little to do with the Fallout games other than the subject matter, but have any of you played the mobile game Fallout Shelter? If so, is in it good and why? I've heard people raving about it recently, so I've been wondering if it's worth taking a look at. 

It's pretty addictive though it gets rather hard as you progress further in the game.

I had a hard time trying to get my population alive due to the constant invasions of raiders and creatures and this can really be frustrating at times. 

The game requires you to organise your rooms well and to devote time and effort to manage some specific room as they will affect your daily need levels (food, water or power). These levels seem to drop pretty quickly and the implications can be devastating to your entire population (e.g. low food = low hp).

Oh, and there are booster card packs called lunchboxes which are mission rewards. They contain 4 cards that are stuffs like weapons, armours, cash, utility points and even rare dwellers. It's pretty awesome whenever you get a a rare card.

Edit: I would recommend you try it out as it's a decent game with good gameplay features. Just don't get tempted to spend (I didn't spend at all) on the lunchboxes if you are desperate for more cards!

Mods are coming to both Xbox One and PS4 editions of the game.

Said it in the other thread, I've got the Pip-Boy special edition of Fallout 4 on pre order really looking forward to playing it.

I wanted that pip-boy, but just couldn't justify it. But I want it....

I would recommend you try it out as it's a decent game with good gameplay features. Just don't get tempted to spend (I didn't spend at all) on the lunchboxes if you are desperate for more cards!

That's just the thing. I'm not really a fan of in app/game purchases. I've been playing FIFA on my Android phone for a few years now and I always get the feeling that I should be paying more money to get everything out of the game experience. The first mobile FIFA didn't have in app purchases as such. Well, it did, but you could have all the playable teams if you paid something like 5 euros. Now paying 5 euros won't even guarantee you a decent starting lineup and getting one without paying for it will be very hard and time consuming to get.

That's just the thing. I'm not really a fan of in app/game purchases. I've been playing FIFA on my Android phone for a few years now and I always get the feeling that I should be paying more money to get everything out of the game experience. The first mobile FIFA didn't have in app purchases as such. Well, it did, but you could have all the playable teams if you paid something like 5 euros. Now paying 5 euros won't even guarantee you a decent starting lineup and getting one without paying for it will be very hard and time consuming to get.

That's very true in most apps these days.

Sometimes I wonder why some of my mates didn't face the same issues I had with the game's difficulty only to find out that they have spend loads on the app itself.

To answer your earlier question Zinc, I have never played a Fallout game before. Saying that, I think Skyrim is one of the best games ever made, so I have every confidence that Bethesda will smash Fallout 4. 

I especially like the idea of being able to build your own base, people turning up to it to set up shops, etc. I just need to hurry up and finish The Witcher 3 and MGSV before it comes out! 

To answer your earlier question Zinc, I have never played a Fallout game before. Saying that, I think Skyrim is one of the best games ever made, so I have every confidence that Bethesda will smash Fallout 4. 

I especially like the idea of being able to build your own base, people turning up to it to set up shops, etc. I just need to hurry up and finish The Witcher 3 and MGSV before it comes out! 

Wow, have fun! Those two games are awesome by the way.

I'm left with Arkham Knight on PC to play... I bought it in June but there were so many issues with the PC version then. Recently, they launched a patch but I'm still experiencing the same bugs.

Oh well, guess I will buy FIFA 16 for the time being.

I was surfing the web and came across this page about the 10 most disturbing Fallout vault stories.

http://imgur.com/gallery/pBT8t

For those who have played the Fallout games, which vault do you think was the creepiest you've been?

Mine was Vault 11 in New Vegas.

Pretty creepy. Don't know any more creepy ones, but I do know of Vault 69...

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_69

Archived