Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zinc

Fallout 4

Pre installing on Xboxes now, mines just started.

Can you do that no matter where you ordered it from? I'll have to have a look when I get home.

WP_20151104_19_06_39_Pro_zpsycvxag5i.jpg

Got this through in the post yesterday as part of my pre order, the hype continues to build!

That's sick.

We're all just children, aren't we? Geeky, nerdy, cool children.

Can't explain how buzzing I am now it's this close! SOOO happy I have whole week pretty much off work, I will not be leaving the house at all!

Sucks that you can only pre install it if you bought the digital version and not the hard copy!

Just curious, what'd all of your character builds be like?

I'm thinking of being more of an Endurance-Intelligence-Luck guy.

What about you guys?

Anyway, 4 more days to go. Currently preparing for my trip to the Wasteland next week.

Can't explain how buzzing I am now it's this close! SOOO happy I have whole week pretty much off work, I will not be leaving the house at all!

Sucks that you can only pre install it if you bought the digital version and not the hard copy!

Damn you .......

What about you guys?

Anyway, 4 more days to go. Currently preparing for my trip to the Wasteland next week.

Strength is usually always big for me because I pick up EVERYTHING haha, and now that you can build bases I'll be even worse for it! So it helps when it improves your max weight

I'm also big on charisma so I can get things cheap and have the chat as well!

I pretty much just try and make what I think I'd be like in the situation haha!

I see that Bethesda have released a fallout keyboard on the App Store but they want full access to your phone as part of the deal, literally everything you type they will store, card details, addresses etc.. They do say that they wont store it but I'm not sure I buy that, it's a shame because it's a cool idea!

I'm not overly security conscious but that's a bit ridiculous to me, the emoji keyboard doesn't need that so why do Bethesda?

GAME apparently randomly cancelling people's Pip Boy edition pre-orders. 

Looks to be like people who were going to pay via PayPal. 

My pre-order looks safe for now... But squeeky bum time none the less. 

As if the wait wasn't bad enough already. 

What about you guys?

Going for an Agility - Intellect build

Pistols and Sniper Rifles. 

and lots of hacking...

Game took the money for my copy today so thankfully mine hasn't been cancelled.

They dispatched mine this morning so I doubt yours will be far behind!

Absolutely buzzing for this now.

I'm working overtime all weekend just to keep me busy until it's here!!!

I'll probably order it when the reviews come out (assuming they're positive). Having never played a Fallout game and not seeing anything special in the gameplay videos I'm not quite getting the hype, but I'm sure it's justified.

I'll probably order it when the reviews come out (assuming they're positive). Having never played a Fallout game and not seeing anything special in the gameplay videos I'm not quite getting the hype, but I'm sure it's justified.

You have to play it to appreciate it.

On the surface, no it doesn't look especially impressive in terms of graphics and gameplay.

But it's an RPG where choices you make have a massive impact on your game.

Invest points into your "intelligence" for example and you'll open up different /more conversation paths when talking to NPC's which will have a knock on to how you'll complete quests.

Use drugs to give you boosts/advantages in combat situations but you then risk becoming addicted.

Basically it feels like YOUR game rather than just coasting through a story, the Witcher 3 is a lot more linier than Fallout for example.

You have to play it to appreciate it.

On the surface, no it doesn't look especially impressive in terms of graphics and gameplay.

But it's an RPG where choices you make have a massive impact on your game.

Invest points into your "intelligence" for example and you'll open up different /more conversation paths when talking to NPC's which will have a knock on to how you'll complete quests.

Use drugs to give you boosts/advantages in combat situations but you then risk becoming addicted.

Basically it feels like YOUR game rather than just coasting through a story, the Witcher 3 is a lot more linier than Fallout for example.

I'm sure I will. It's similar to the Witcher 3 for me in that I've never played a game in the series before, but I'm really looking forward to it based on what other people have said about it.