Jamie Vardy

MitchellJames
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So JV has just scored his 9th consecutive premier league goal.

Is he really good or just one of those players that is going to have 1 great season.

He's 28 and English, could he be worth a top team buying? What is he worth?

If he scores for England and also ends the season with 25+ goals his value will surely rise. I admit I don't know much about him other than his age and he plays for Leicester.

Pat Murphy was asked the same question on Radio 5, yesterday. There wasn't much time for Pat to reply but he discussed that Vardy had a troubled past (he was tagged for an offence when younger. I don't know what the offence was) and that he works his socks off on the pitch. Pat Murphy said that Vardy is often Leicester's best defender as well as their best forward. At the end of each game, Vardy comes off the pitch literally exhausted, Murphy said, as he's worked so hard on it.

If Vardy keeps playing as well as he is, another club will try to buy him in January. Particularly as he's not cup tied in Europe.

I get the point about him being to close to 30 rather than 20 but if, if, he could deliver 15-20 goals a season for the next 3 years he could be a bargain.

It does seem these days that unless a player has come through an academy and is in a top team by the time he is 21/22 then they don't get much of a look in. A club will prefer to spend 20 mil on a player from a foreign league who, although may be good in their own league, may not perform in the Premier.

• 2 weeks later...

It's possible but I think people need to give players another season before labelling them this. Many did it with Harry Kane yet he's started regularly scoring again.

Yeah it was quite funny about the folk who labelled Kane that.

It was clear to me he was a quality goal scorer and he has proved it was no fluke. Banging them in for fun yet again.