Pre Season 2017

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

not going to worry too much about results or performances. The squad is still 3 or 4 players down. 

Musonda looks like he could at least contribute off the bench, which is no surprise to anyone that has seen his career to date. He showed hunger and willingness to get on the ball and show off his talent, RLC amongst others, have been to worried about making mistakes, to show what they are all about, and it was refreshing to see how musonda just went for it. 

I find it a little strange we didn't even involve matic with pre season, if his transfer doesnt go through, he will be here for at least another 6 months. I can't imagine him being a disruptive influence. 

I think we will struggle at the start of the season, the preparations this year have been difficult, poor pitches, injuries, incomplete squad, it's certainly not been an ideal preseason. 

Honestly it was a sh*t pre-season where the only team we beat is Fulham and Arsenal. 

Hope we win the Charity Shield but overall doesn't matter if we lose but at least I hope the team is switched on for the first few games because those tough games will shape the nature of our season.

No more of this lackadaisical approach from Alonso, Fabregas needs to switch on, Cahill needs to either improve his ball-playing skills (Because the opposition thus far gives him time on the ball a lot just so that they can wait to spring a counter) or get ready for the bench. Willian for a player at his peak, needs to start to try running in behind more and stop this stupid wait-for-a-fullback-to-catch-up-only-to-beat-him-before-starting-his dribbles as this seriously wastes time and spaces available.

The rest just needs to up their fitness levels.

I seriously hope Conte stops his 85+ mins subs.

A bit of everything in this pre-season. That is the best way. That way you learn. Wish the opponents were a bit more varied tbh. Not counting the behind closed doors game but i would be playing lower division London Clubs and Midlands ones. These games are all about money. Anyway like i say, Things have been learnt.

i'm suprised we have no more pre-season games. utd are playing another one today, arsenal are in this emirates cup. does anyone know if we have another small game? 

Edited by enigma

Hopefully the match fitness of our first eleven is spot on, otherwise it's been a weird tour. 

What is the point of making 5 88 minute substitutions? Have we learned anything about how the likes of Pasalic, Scott, Baker, Clarke-Salter might work in our team? All four of them could end up being in our squad (if we don't sign an imminent Matic-replacement) and will be woefully short of game time and understanding with their team-mates. 

Conte keeps moaning about only having 14-15 players in his squad but that's cos he doesn't play anyone else!

21 minutes ago, terryble things said:

Conte keeps moaning about only having 14-15 players in his squad but that's cos he doesn't play anyone else!

Probably because he doesn't consider anyone else good enough to play them.

Edited by abramovich