joe cole is back

The Brit

what a brilliant second half showing and shows how much we've missed the bloke...to look that good after so long out and gave our team so much more cutting edge...noticeable how ballack and sheva also improved with joe floating about...if he'd been around in the prem this season we'd be top and not complaining about the style of footy...all hail king cole

Just watched our winning goal for about the 20th time already ... "really smart turn by Joe Cole ... " and 15 seconds later the balls in the back of the net ... and THAT'S what we've been missing for most of this season.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to entitle a thread "its all about beauty and the beast"

Just have to love the way cole pulled his markers pants down with that turn before who laid of to sheva, who in turn laid on for the beast, pure power!!

Fantastic stuff from all the boys and cole really did make me think about how good robben is as well

we obviously needed one from him, swp and kalou on at HT, and though heis clearly the best of those 3, I doubted he would have the fitness- that is what impressed me the most, there was no sign of tiring from him.

we obviously needed one from him, swp and kalou on at HT, and though heis clearly the best of those 3, I doubted he would have the fitness- that is what impressed me the most, there was no sign of tiring from him.

haha dont know, couldnt help but feel when he cut in for that trade mark like shot he looked to be lacking match fitness... then he just carried on running after everything, like he wanted to play every game he missed in just this half

It is SO great to have Joey back! Especially with the rubbish form Lamps is in, and with Essien suspended for the next match. Joey was BRILLIANT and will be a key player in the match against Liverpool.

I am shocked at how he did not at all look tired or like he just came back from injury. He looks like he has regained match fitness, and has bottled up energy from 4 long months of no football.

What a glorious time to have him back, such a crucial part of our season, when we need all the creativity and form we can get.

COME ON THE CHELS. And Joey. ::Scalf::

Just gave us a glimpse of what's been missing for so long this season. Someone that is willing to run at defenders and cause them REAL problems. And he mixed it up so well - little dribble here but neat little touches and passes when that was all that was needed. He seemed to link up with the other players so well - especially Ballack.

The signs are good, and with a decent run of games under his belt he will only get better & sharper.

Welcome back Joe.

Nibs, says it all really.

We were missing genuine creativity and vision in the first half. All our chances were from long-balls and set-pieces when all we really needed was someone to either run at defenders, or play short passes behind the fullbacks. We needed to change Valencia's shape and organisation and Joe Cole came on and did that.

Tony Gale on Sky Sports news said at half time that we didn't have anyone on the pitch who could go past players and open Valencia up. Jose spotted that too and bringing Joe Cole on was a masterstroke. The shot he had came seconds after a sprint and turn down the left wing - he didn't have enough gas for a 2nd run and shot so soon after that, otherwise his contribution was immense, completely confusing the Valencia defence.

Joe was great but he isn't anywhere near match fit. These cameo performances will do for me, though. If he stays fit and can then influence games for 20, 30, 45 minutes at a time, great that's all we can ask.

Nibs, says it all really.

We were missing genuine creativity and vision in the first half. All our chances were from long-balls and set-pieces when all we really needed was someone to either run at defenders, or play short passes behind the fullbacks. We needed to change Valencia's shape and organisation and Joe Cole came on and did that.

We've been missing his creativity all season, to be honest, great to see him back and looking so fresh. The flair is back, he must be given a big part on sunday, opponents just don't know how to handle him.

I said on another thread although we have missed JT & Cech when they were out we have missed Joey the most this season and he showed that in his 45 mins last night!! I would like to see him start on Sunday and if he runs out of steam after 60/75 mins then take him off, but the damage would have been done!!

COME ON JOEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!