Champions League Last 16 Draw

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

5 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I reckon if we have a fully fit squad by February (Excluding Pulisic for obvious reasons) we beat them, if any of the key players such as Chilwell, James, Thiago, Kante, Ziyech are out our chances hugely plummet. 

Last time we beat them with Michy, Alonso, Bakayoko and Moses, I think their squad was better back then.

Part from that youngster Felix they don't seem to have much to offer in attack, that kid is wasting his time in that team since they play so defensively, but they are experienced so it's not going to be that easy either, Koke and Herrera should be respected.

It looks like a 50-50 matchup but I think we are slight favorites if our squad gets to be healthy.

41 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Last time we beat them with Michy, Alonso, Bakayoko and Moses, I think their squad was better back then.

Part from that youngster Felix they don't seem to have much to offer in attack, that kid is wasting his time in that team since they play so defensively, but they are experienced so it's not going to be that easy either, Koke and Herrera should be respected.

It looks like a 50-50 matchup but I think we are slight favorites if our squad gets to be healthy.

This was it under Conte:

Atletico Madrid (1) 1 Chelsea (0) 2

Date: Wednesday, 27th September 2017 at 19:45Report

Competition: UEFA Champions League Group Stage Match 2

Venue: Estadio Metropolitano

Attendance:60,643

Referee: Cuneyt Cakir (Turkey)

Atletico Madrid Oblak, Juanfran, Godin, Hernandez, Luis, Koke, Partey (Gimenez 77), Niguez, Carrasco (Torres 69), Griezmann, Correa (Gaitan 71)

Scorer Griezmann 40 (Pen)

Booked Partey 47, Griezmann 54

Subs Not Used Moya, Arenas, Savic, Vietto

Manager Diego Simeone

Chelsea13 Thibaut Courtois, 3 Marcos Alonso, 4 Cesc Fabregas (27 Andreas Christensen 86), 7 N'Golo Kante, 9 Alvaro Morata (23 Michy Batshuayi 82), 10 Eden Hazard (22 Willian 82), 14 Tiemoue Bakayoko, 15 Victor Moses, 24 Gary Cahill, 28 Cesar Azpilicueta, 30 David Luiz

Scorers Morata 60, Batshuayi 90

Booked Luiz 40

Subs Not Used1 Willy Caballero, 2 Antonio Rudiger, 11 Pedro, 21 Davide Zappacosta

Manager Antonio Conte

Match Facts Match 4981      Europe match 230   Starting XI    Average age 27.3    Oldest Player 31.7    Youngest Player 23.1

Source

Match Results for season 2017 - 2018 (friardale.co.uk)

• 1 month later...

27 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

United just have their tie in Spain scheduled for February 18th moved to Turin, so you would have to assume our match again Atletico away wont happen in Spain either.

If anything like that happens to A Madrid then it’s a big bonus for us, even without the fans.