best stadiums in the world...

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

which are your favourite stadiums? I f**king love the Allianz Arena in Munich, think it looks class, but then again the new valencia one will be phenominal.

Just interested what are your favourite grounds. Old ones included if need be.

07.jpg

clipboard4gp9.jpg

descu15nov2006d.jpg

news1000_1_popup.jpg

39311BD9-CC4B-140C-BC0F1F1006DB10DB.gif

Pretty small ground. Capacity of about 10,000 Borrowers.

icon_lol.gif

I was beginning to suspect I was the only kid who read those books- glad to know I wasn't!

On that point (and entirely off topic) when I was young I read a series of books about an elephant called Uncle - they were written by JP Martin and illustratedby Quentin Blake. Now I know they existed because I still have them however I am still to find anyone else who has heard of them let alone read them. Surely one of you lot know of them!

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad quality pictures for an opinion.

The new Pompey stadium, btw seems great (I think it was SweetWaffle who posted it a while ago)

The new Beijing Olympic Stadium is also revolutionary (to say the least)

agree about pompey, looks incredible, cant wait for that to be finished.

dont personally like the beijing one, looks like one of them things poncey chefs make out of caramelised sugar and lump on top of your pudding.

What Lofty said!

And then The San Siro followed by the old Eastville before they made it into and Ikea

Kev

Eastville??? That was a f*ckin' tip! icon_lol.gif

Yeah but it was OUR tip Steve! 247.gif

Yeah, I can understand that - I think I'm still bitter after getting chucked out of Eastville twice in one game back in the 70's icon_lol.gif

Deserved it???? icon_eek.gif

There were a few hundred of us innocently trying to get to know the locals, by going in their end of the ground and running towards them in a friendly fashion, as you do, and the local plod waded in and started throwing us out of the ground. Very unfriendly of them, I thought, made me start reconsidering going for a nice quiet cream tea in that lovely St.Paul's area after the game, I can tell ya! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

You've got me thinking now - what station would I have used in Bristol for Eastville? Was it Temple Meads, or am I getting confused with City and Ashton Gate?

Deserved it???? icon_eek.gif

There were a few hundred of us innocently trying to get to know the locals, by going in their end of the ground and running towards them in a friendly fashion, as you do, and the local plod waded in and started throwing us out of the ground. Very unfriendly of them, I thought, made me start reconsidering going for a nice quiet cream tea in that lovely St.Paul's area after the game, I can tell ya! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

You've got me thinking now - what station would I have used in Bristol for Eastville? Was it Temple Meads, or am I getting confused with City and Ashton Gate?

You're not the only one who gets confused. I could never remember whuch one was Rovers and which one was City either. Or even which team wore red and which wore blue. I do remember the Old Bill booting me out of their end one time as a result of my failure to do a convincing Bath accent. I've never knowingly set foot in St. Pauls, but remember when we used to whichever team was in the centre of town, we used to drink at a pub called the Three Blackbirds, which I think was near Fishponds, or at least that's what the signpost said, and not all that far from Temple Meads.

Yep, probably Temple Meads - about a mile and a half, maybe two up to the Fishponds Road, unless you did the local train stuff, but TM would have been where the Paddington train came in in those days, and the specials as well.

Pikey Scum are more out past Bedminster way.

You should have tried St Pauls, great Jamaican cafes and loads of reggae clubs and pubs - you just needed someone to show you which ones white boys like you could go into icon_lol.gif

and which ones you couldn't 106.gif128.gif106.gif1064.gif

(Though in those days there weren't much in the way of guns and the like - straight-razors were about the worst down there! - I wouldn't go down these days though!)

Stay Blue and C'Mon You Rovers!

Kev