If all playes are fit what is the best formation and team ?

chelseax

I say this

Cech

Benetti Riccy JT A.cole

SWP Essien Lamps J.Cole

Drog Scheva

NO HOLDING MIDFIELDER, ESSIEN TO GO FORWARD WITH LAMPS. If we are going to try and play attacking football we may as well go all out and go for it, hell maybe we should play with 3 at the back like Brazil used to do.

I would say that having just one best team and formation is not really possible as you need to tinker with your team and tactics to fit the opposition however if I was to restrict it to two options (one being your formation and one being with a holding midfielder) I would go with the same team as yours for the 4-4-2 except with Paulo at right back instead of Belletti and Bridge at left back instead of Cole.

I would also opt for a formation with Maka as the holding midfielder and would go with

...........................................Cech.................................

Belletti.......................Carvalho...........Terry...................Bridge

............................................Maka................................

..........................Essien.........................Lamps..................

.................SWP.....................................................J Cole...

............................................Drogba..............................

The explanation for the second team being to replace Paulo with Belletti as Belletti would give us more width in attack. Neither Joe or SWP playing as out and out wingers, they would both be free to drift inside and support Drogba. A little simplistic but the idea being that when the attack comes down one flank the winger on the other side tucks in deeper to provide the support behind Drogba.

I think along those lines, too, Loz - pretty solid formation, with plenty of flair in the right areas. It depends on two things:

- SWP maintaining his good form

- JC recapturing the form of 05-6

If not then Malouda would be a definite starter (assuming his crap display v Villa was a one-off)

I think my team would look exactly like Lozs. I wan't Malouda on the pitch but then I have to get rid of Cole or Sweepy and I don't know if I can do that. Perhaps based on current form I would go with Malouda instead of Joey but I know what Joe can do and I wan't him on the pitch too. icon_rolleyes.gif

Cech is #1 in goal. Carlo will forever be the backup I'm afraid.

JT and Riccy are the two central defenders. Alex and Ben Haim might be good but they will not replace the first two.

Essien have to play and I guess the same goes for Lampard. He might not always be great but he scores goals and assist on others.

Drogba have no competition up front.

So that's:

Cech

??? - JT - Riccy - ???

??? - Essien - Lampard - ???

??? - Drogba

Then it all depends on how you play.

So to me the central positions are all filled. When fit I doubt any of them will be on the bench (depends on what team we're playing).

Well whatever the players are I do not think we should have a holding midfielder, With the players we have now we could destroy teams away and home,you dont see Barca changing their team formation for an away game do you...... It is time that JOse faced up to the fact that Roman wants a barca type foootball and that means attacking,flowing football with a lot of goals. Playing maka at Villa proved that teams know how to break that down now and come off it guys maka has lost his legs big time. Mark my words if we play the rest of this season with a holding midfielder then we will not win the EPL title, If you want to do something you do it 100% not 50% 4 4 2 every game strongest team we have no f**king around Jose thank you very much gaffa

It is time that JOse faced up to the fact that Roman wants a barca type foootball and that means attacking,flowing football with a lot of goals.

He does?.........

Did I miss the exclusive interview in which he stated to the whole world what he does and doesn't want from Mourinho?

Did I say there was ? No all I am saying is that Roman obviously wants to play attacking stylish football and Jose needs to forget about ever playing a holding midfielder. Yes play Essien in a slightly more defensive midfield position but not a holding position.

.........................cech.............................

.......................carvalho.........................

............ferreira...........terry...................

......................................................cole

..........................maka..........................

SWP..........................................Cole.....

........................Lampard........................

................Sheva......Drogba...................

As Roma play- 442 with a full back moving into the midfield and one into the center when we have the ball- lampard trains with the strikers and plays close to sheva/drogba and pauly wins maanger of the year.

As Roma play- 442 with a full back moving into the midfield and one into the center when we have the ball- lampard trains with the strikers and plays close to sheva/drogba and pauly wins maanger of the year.

Just remind us, how did the youth manegiral career go again??

jesus.

haven't heard you speak much about spalletti since man united beat them 7-1.

and he's signed cicinho. I would be a little more concerned. (great football however).

ha... the 7-1 was a bit of a freak. he changed his formation for that game... in any case it's a growing team and anyone who's watched them a few times recognises they're something special that is really inter-club built- mainly when they had their transfer ban was when they improved.

it's a great side to watch technically and tactically..

I also think the role of holding midfield is misunderstood. In Maka's first season not only did he win the ball but he used it very effectively from the back, typically moving it just a short distance but generally forward and quickly. That allowed players like Lampard and Guddy to get into action very quickly and provided space for the wide guys.

I would go so far as to say the reason that CFC look so sluggish moving the ball around in the midfield at the moment is because Maka is no longer doing the job or when he does do it he doesn't do it as well.

To me its obvious that Essien is a completely different style of player to Maka and therefore we need to change our formation and tactics to suit. Mikel could play Maka's role but right now is just a touch ineffective with his disposals. He will obviously only get better.

............................Cech

Paulo..............Percy....JT.......A Cole

.........................Mikel

............Lamps............Essien

.......................J Cole

..............Sheva...........Drogs

However, this all depends on the opposition

Scott

I also think the role of holding midfield is misunderstood. In Maka's first season not only did he win the ball but he used it very effectively from the back, typically moving it just a short distance but generally forward and quickly. That allowed players like Lampard and Guddy to get into action very quickly and provided space for the wide guys.

I would go so far as to say the reason that CFC look so sluggish moving the ball around in the midfield at the moment is because Maka is no longer doing the job or when he does do it he doesn't do it as well.

To me its obvious that Essien is a completely different style of player to Maka and therefore we need to change our formation and tactics to suit. Mikel could play Maka's role but right now is just a touch ineffective with his disposals. He will obviously only get better.

the great thing about maka- he's ALWAYS positioned so the player with the ball has an option to pass to, and he never takes too many touches. a god.

He may not play too much this year, maka.

Ballack: if he's not in any team why do we have him?

Come on, he's the captain of Germany for goodness sake.

Yet we should not place teams by order of big-name (ness).

So let's have a formation that judges by simply.. the quality of the players,

and not the quality of their names.

I find Mourinho's unwillingness to play 3-5-2s could be detrimental to Chelsea's versatility.

WHile a 3-5-2 may not be defensively sound, it would be attacking football, and let us control the ball more.

My favourite formation would be a (flat) 3-5-2.

Cech

Carvalho/Terry/AshleyCole

Wrightphilips/Essien/Lampard/Ballack/JoeCole

Drogba/Shevchenko

Just forget all the conventionalistic formations Mourinho has adapted so far, and see how this works out.

Mourinho doesn't like flat formations.

A 5-3-2 with wingbacks might work okay. But if we play a 4-4-2 diamond thats a very similar formation to it anyway except that it has a defensive mid rather than an out and out 3rd defender.

I say this

Cech

Benetti Riccy JT A.cole

SWP Essien Lamps J.Cole

Drog Scheva

NO HOLDING MIDFIELDER, ESSIEN TO GO FORWARD WITH LAMPS. If we are going to try and play attacking football we may as well go all out and go for it, hell maybe we should play with 3 at the back like Brazil used to do.

Well I think that would go horribly wrong(I'm commenting although you might be just joking). JM didn't buy the players he bought to play all-in-attack formation. He bought them to play like we have played under his command. Against bigger teams and better players we would be in deep sh*t with that kind of formation.

There needs to be balance on the pitch just in the right way. We don't have it at the moment so I'm with you somehow chelseax.

Option I - 4-4-2

--------------------

...........................................Cech.................................

Belletti.......................Carvalho...........Terry...................Bridge

..........................Mikel.........................Ballack.................

.Malouda.....................................................................J Cole

...............................Shev.............................................

............................................Drogba..............................

Option II - 4-3-3

--------------------

............................................Essien..............................

..........................Mikel.........................Ballack.................

..............Malouda.....................................................J Cole...

.......................................Cech..................................

Belletti......................Carvalho...........Terry...................A. Cole

.......................Lampard.....................Ballack......................

J. Cole.......................................................................Malou

da

....................Shevchenko.....................Drogba.......................

Praying to God to see this one day... 128.gif

I'd like to see us do something just a little unusual like this:

----------------Terry----------------Alex---------------------

Belletti-------Essien---------------Mikel-------------A.Cole

--------------------------Lampard----------------------------

-----------------Kalou---------------J.Cole-------------------

--------------------------Drogba------------------------------

I think with 2 intelligent players with free roles behind Drogba. They could cause all sorts of havoc between the oppositions lines. Also if we do resort to long ball football, we have 2 good players at the feet of Drogba to get onto his knock downs.

Belletti and A.Cole (or W.Bridge) with plenty of liscence to go forward with Essien and Mikel to cover.

So if Belletti pushes forward then:

Essien-------------------Mikel------------------------A.Cole

Belletti-----------Kalou------------------------J.Cole--------

and if A.Cole/W.Bridge pushes foward:

Belletti-------------------Essien------------------------Mikel

--------Kalou----------------------J.Cole-------------A.Cole

A slightly unusual formation, I doubt we see it. But I would like to see how it works.

One thing I should add is I think we need a more creative player in place of Kalou to make it work (I dream of Kaka). You could also argue for another Essien type in place of Mikel (i'm not sure how he would do against a nippy left winger). Apart from that, we allready have the personnell to make it work.

Archived