Could Jose's departure signal an exodus?

Jimboola69
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Drogba maybe

Depends on what the new manager thinks of him

As for the rest, I doubt it. There is distant possibility that Lumpy will go to Barca at the end of the season if they still want him, but JT seems to be a real Chelsea man. I don't see him going anywhere.

Wouldn't call it an exodus, but yes, I do expect one or two to follow him out of the door at the end of the season. And those one or two may well be major, key players.

Depends on 4 things IMO.

1. Who takes over from Jose.

2. How the players respect/get on with the new man.

3. Where Jose ends up next.

4. How well we do between now and the end of the season.

In respect of no:1, surely Roman, Buck and Kenyon already have a few candidates lined up ?

inevitable- a new manager will bring new ideas- players in the background may become key men and some of our big players may no longer be seen as such.

I'm now worried about lamps' contract, and extremely thankful we got JT's sorted.

Some players may go in the January transfer window, voluntarily or not, but I'd say most of them know the drill of modern day football: things may change overnight, at any club. They'll take it in their stride, get on with their job and see what happens.

I think things are going to have to get a lot worse at Chelsea before someone wakes up and smells the coffee.

I'm sad Jose has gone, but I sense this is just a symptom of other things that are not right.

How long will it be before Avram Grant is sacked?

m

I'd say there is no chance of Lampard signing another contract now. Drogba will be off too I reckon.

..and we all know how good we are without them!

Why no chance for Lampard? He hasn't signed a new contract when Jose was here so who is to say that Jose leaving would be a reason for him not to sign in future.

There seems to be a lot of people making a lot of assumptions about players not being happy with Jose leaving and the negative impact it is going to have and I don't deny that could be the case with some players (Drogba seeming to be the obvious one). However maybe there are some players who are secretly quite happy that Jose has gone - for instance maybe Joe Cole, Paulo Ferreira, Bridge, Mikel, Sheva, Ballack, Bridge, Robben (damn he has already gone) and who knows maybe even Lampard.

I'd say there is no chance of Lampard signing another contract now. Drogba will be off too I reckon.

Why no chance for Lampard? He hasn't signed a new contract when Jose was here so who is to say that Jose leaving would be a reason for him not to sign in future.

There seems to be a lot of people making a lot of assumptions about players not being happy with Jose leaving and the negative impact it is going to have and I don't deny that could be the case with some players (Drogba seeming to be the obvious one). However maybe there are some players who are secretly quite happy that Jose has gone - for instance maybe Joe Cole, Paulo Ferreira, Bridge, Mikel, Sheva, Ballack, Bridge, Robben (damn he has already gone) and who knows maybe even Lampard.

Did you mention Sheva - and Sheva - and I reckon Sheva will be pretty pleased as well

Well if you want to really get the gossip going then here is a tit bit for you. Jose is still at the stadium sorting out the pay off and a number of the players have arrived to say goodbye to him. The vast majority came in by themselves but Terry arrived with his agent and has been inside for over 2.5 hours now.

Bring on the tittle tattle!

Lamps was Jose's man - no doubts. He was holding off signing because he felt this might happen. Jose wasn't too bothered because he knew Frank would stay whilst he was there and that he would come with him if he left.

All that may be bollocks but it sounds quite plausible to me icon_lol.gif

the squad could do with some changing in any case. before jose left a lot of people were saying that we'd replaced a lot of quality with average players... we don't seem to have a squad that is properly built to play in a certain way (why have 6 or more central midfielders if we are going to play 442?).

now jose has gone- the loyalty to the man has kicked in, which is fine, but I don't think this is the end of the world provided the replacement is a good one.

and we have already seen an exodus of sorts already.

"Chelsea have confirmed that Mourinho's backroom staff have also left the club, including assistant managers Baltemar Brito and Rui Faria.

Head opposition scout Andre Villas and goalkeeping coach Silvino Louro have also departed Stamford Bridge"

So not only do we have to worry bout who's selecting the team but also who"s helping to prepare the matches.

icon_sad.gif

the squad could do with some changing in any case. before jose left a lot of people were saying that we'd replaced a lot of quality with average players... we don't seem to have a squad that is properly built to play in a certain way (why have 6 or more central midfielders if we are going to play 442?).

now jose has gone- the loyalty to the man has kicked in, which is fine, but I don't think this is the end of the world provided the replacement is a good one.

I'm glad you can be so relaxed about it.

We have a replacement. Do you think he is a good one? Maybe just run past me his previous experience and his achievements.

If I thought Grant was a long term replacement I would agree with you ethical however I don't. I see him as nothing more than an interim manager, that maybe one month, three months or till the end of the season but I don't expect it to be any longer than that.

Jose's record with us is superb but I am beginning to think people think that he is the only manager in the world who has won a title. There are managers out there who have won leagues, champions leagues and World Cups.

If we keep Grant till the end of the season and then bring in someone of real quality then that will do for me. If in the meantime we fail to win a trophy then so be it. To be honest, with this squad, I didn't expect us to win either the league or the CL this season. I think the domestic cups were our best hope.

I'm glad you can be so relaxed about it.

We have a replacement. Do you think he is a good one? Maybe just run past me his previous experience and his achievements.

I don't think grant would be good, but I also don't think he is much more than a caretaker until the point where we can get jose's proper replacement.

The thing about a supposed exodus, is that a lot of the key players, Lamps, JT, Drogs, Essien etc are all on pretty enormous wages, it would need Jose to go to a club willing to pay such wages along with pretty big transfer fees to get these players, so I'll wait and see if Jose goes to one of the big clubs before I worry about an exodus.

I will say though that personally the players likely to follow Jose (probably at the end of the season) are Riccy, Lamps and Drogba (all 29 years old by the way), now don't get me wrong they are quality players and would be missed but they are not irreplaceable and I'd imagine quality players would be brought in their stead. The players I'd hate to see go by the way would be Cech, JT, Essien, Mikel and Joey.

Oh yeah for what it's worth I believe Hiddink will be the man to come in, Grant is just keeping his seat warm.

Keep the faith and come on the blues.

Well if you want to really get the gossip going then here is a tit bit for you. Jose is still at the stadium sorting out the pay off and a number of the players have arrived to say goodbye to him. The vast majority came in by themselves but Terry arrived with his agent and has been inside for over 2.5 hours now.

Bring on the tittle tattle!

Your scaring the **** out of me Loz, please say it isn't so icon_sad.gif