• Ballack
    • Malouda
    • SWP
    • Joe Cole
    • Pizarro
    • Sidwell
    • Ferreira
    • TBH

Maybe not a year ago it wasn't a red but everyone knows those challenges are getitng straight reds now. hell there has already been two in the last week so only an idiot doesn't realise it. It was a bloody stupid challenge and entirely unnecessary as well - when will be bloody learn!

Ballack was good but I've got to give this one to Sweepy. The way he tried to win a header against Lescott in the end was amazing. happy0034.gif

However, I would like to give the plastic bag an extra vote. It was very entertaining. Too bad it couldn't have ended up over Mikels head. Might have saved us some trouble icon_rolleyes.gif

It was never a red card loz!!

It was a red. I'm usually the first to disagree with the ref and call him a stupid, blind and ignorant t*at, but this time he got it spot on. Mikel can just f*ck off. Or better yet. Let him stay in Nigeria.

Ballack for me with SWP just behind him

Yep same here, Ballack was class tonight, some of his passing in the first half was sublime. I think he benefits from being the focal point in the midfield, something that will need to be looked at when Lamps returns.

We played some really nice football tonight up until Mikel's dismissal (which was harsh but the way it's going at the moment the ref was always going to be reaching for red) and the lads showed great character in never giving up.

Can I add that Sidwell looks so out of place its untrue. I know it hard picking up the pace of a game when you come on as sub but he makes the simple things look difficult.

Ballack was good but I've got to give this one to Sweepy. The way he tried to win a header against Lescott in the end was amazing. happy0034.gif

However, I would like to give the plastic bag an extra vote. It was very entertaining. Too bad it couldn't have ended up over Mikels head. Might have saved us some trouble icon_rolleyes.gif

It was a red. I'm usually the first to disagree with the ref and call him a stupid, blind and ignorant t*at, but this time he got it spot on. Mikel can just f*ck off. Or better yet. Let him stay in Nigeria.

no disrespect moos but if you think that challenge is a straight red then you'v been watching to much of that italian stuff and to maybe be a bit harsh havent really played a great deal your self!!

It looked 50-50 at one point on my stream, mikel was slower so slid in and was late, all there was to it. the fact that red's are being issued for those at the moment is a joke and really running the game as a whole!

I agree with that whole heartedly hwoever irrespective of whether you think it should be a red card in the current climate it is nearly always going to be one and Mikel needs to learn that. he didn't even need to go for that challenge.

barak, the point is that it's exactly those kind of challenges that have been making headlines lately, and i's those kind of challenges that referees are clampding down on. If Mikel isn't aware of that, then where the f**k is his head?

Maybe not a year ago it wasn't a red but everyone knows those challenges are getitng straight reds now. hell there has already been two in the last week so only an idiot doesn't realise it. It was a bloody stupid challenge and entirely unnecessary as well - when will be bloody learn!

It was a yellow card no more, ref called it wrong, but were still too good with 10 men (half of them are 2nd/3rd choice).

Everton your a joke !! We are the best !

no disrespect moos but if you think that challenge is a straight red then you'v been watching to much of that italian stuff and to maybe be a bit harsh havent really played a great deal your self!!

Well I haven't played football myself but in my oppinion that doesn't necessarily mean that I don't know what I'm talking about. And, yes, I have been watching italian football but not nearly as much as british football.

A tackle like that is warranted with a red nowadays. Had this been a few years ago then maybe it would have been more debatable. But as it is the refs usually hand out red cards for tackles like that. Therefore it's a red for Mikel and nothing else.

And this isn't the first time he's been sent off. He knows that he can't make tackles like that. Yet he still do it. All the time. He could have bent his leg and perhaps only gotten a yellow. He would have won the tackle and still been allowed to play on. Instead he does exactly what he knows that he can't do and gets sent off looking extremly happy about it. Maybe he didn't care since he's off to Africa now and his three match ban will take place while he's away (stupid rule in my oppinion).

In the heat of the moment, playing competitavly, i cant say i wouldnt have gone in the same way i think that a lot on here would have as well! you dont have time to sit there and wiegh up if its an acceptable challenge in todays climate!! where the f**k is blue beard when you need him!!

I do think his reputation helped change it 6to what should have been a yellow to a deffinate red!

Incedently on both the red cards over the weekend that where simmerler to that, namely ipswich and burnly, it seems to be the concesis from a pundit point of view that they should never have been red cards!!

The Ipswich lad should never have been sent off. He was playing in the FA Cup, He's 19 years of age and he's going to be a bit fired up and enthusiastic and bound to go into a challenge a bit to eagerly in an attempt to impress. The ref should have used his experience, have a word and let it go.

SWP for me - closely followed by Ballack and Bridge. Most of our boys did well tonight - the main exceptions being Mikel, Sidwell, and Pizarro (although some of his play was okay he just isn't quick enough with his feet or brain and really isn't a threat). Hilario too was his usual dodgy self but did make a couple of good saves.

But Mikel? I really don't care if he doesn't play for us again now. Shame, but it's too risky going into big games (and there will be much bigger games than tonight's) knowing that there's a fair chance you'll be down to 10 men because of this complete and utter clown.

But Mikel? I really don't care if he doesn't play for us again now. Shame, but it's too risky going into big games (and there will be much bigger games than tonight's) knowing that there's a fair chance you'll be down to 10 men because of this complete and utter clown.

That's a bit rash. Yes he's been sent off 4 times for us, but two of those times (tonight and against Man Utd) he should have only got a yellow card tops. He's managed to get a reputation for himself which will take some time to shake off. He's a class player and will learn. He's no worse a tackler than Paul Scholes and he's been getting away with it for years.

Mikel's reputation preceeds him now whenever he goes in for a challenge like that which is a shame.

He's a fantastic player and tonight he was winning the midfield battle with Cahill before he got sent off.

That's a bit rash. Yes he's been sent off 4 times for us, but two of those times (tonight and against Man Utd) he should have only got a yellow card tops. He's managed to get a reputation for himself which will take some time to shake off. He's a class player and will learn. He's no worse a tackler than Paul Scholes and he's been getting away with it for years.

Scholes is just crap at tackling. Always has been.

Mikel on the other and has a problem. Never mind he'll learn - he should have learned by now.

His complete lack of brain is costing us and I'm quite happy that we won't have to risk him for a fair while now.

I voted SWP, probably the best game he's had for Chelsea.

As for the red card - I watched it 3 or 4 times on my stream, and it looked to me as though Mikel went in with one foot up, studs showing - a straight yellow card. Red cards have been given far too often recently for two-footed challenges, but this wasn't two-footed, just a bit reckless. In my opinion the ref gave the red card purely because of Mikel's growing reputation for reckless challenges, targetting him simply because of who he was. If another player had made that challenge I'm sure they'd have got a yellow card - reminds me a bit of when Essien was targetted by refs - strange it doesn't happen to players from other clubs. The ref was obviously a total w*nker, and tried everything within his power to give Everton an advantage - two of their players could easily have been given red cards, but what a surprise, they didn't get given them.

Archived