Club unhappy with Everton game moved........................

Chelle22

I just read on the Chelsea website that they have moved the Everton game much to the disappointment of the club. This is the statement released.................

Chelsea Football Club is extremely disappointed with the announcement today regarding the Everton fixture.

We believe the decision to hold the match on Thursday April 17 undermines the sporting integrity of the competition by giving our rivals for the Premier League title an unnecessary competitive advantage at a critical time of the season, with more recovery time from their previous match and preparation time for their next fixture when we have to play two games during the same period.

Secondly there has been no consideration given to our fans who will be presented with serious travel, work and other issues.

And lastly, the decision sets a dangerous precedent in changing match days still further when fixture congestion does not exist and when a sensible solution regarding other television matches that weekend was suggested.

Football has benefited greatly from the backing of television and Chelsea as much as anyone else. However this decision is one step too far and we reserve all rights on our position.

Seems Fergie may have had his cheque book out again??? redcard.gif

RIGHT.............OK!!

This is one of the biggest stories we have had in recent weeks!

Who the f**k plays a League game on a Thursday??

Have Sky television ever shown a PL game on a Thursday night??

We have Wigan at the Bridge on Monday the 14th and this game at Goodison on Thursday the 17th,could somebody please tell me why the f**k this game wasn't fit for its original date??

Oh and I just checked..........the last train back to London from Liverpool Lime Street departs at 20:40..........F**KING MAGIC!!! PDT_nunu.gif

RIGHT.............OK!!

This is one of the biggest stories we have had in recent weeks!

Who the f**k plays a League game on a Thursday??

Have Sky television ever shown a PL game on a Thursday night??

We have Wigan at the Bridge on Monday the 14th and this game at Goodison on Thursday the 17th,could somebody please tell me why the f**k this game wasn't fit for its original date??

Oh and I just checked..........the last train back to London from Liverpool Lime Street departs at 20:40..........F**KING MAGIC!!! PDT_nunu.gif

Its rubbish innit, I am glad we didnt get tickets for it - its not the club who are responsible.

Makes me sick to think they could clinch the prem cos of this. nono.gif

Everton got the hump to!!

Everton's forthcoming Premier League encounter with Chelsea has been moved to Thursday, April 17.

The Goodison Park fixture has been brought forward from the weekend of April 19 and 20 in order for the match to be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

The contest will kick-off at 8pm on the Thursday and is regarded as one of the pivotal matches for both sides as the end of the season approaches.

The decision to switch the game was made despite Everton making representations to the Premier League that the match remain a weekend fixture.

A club spokesman said: "The Club is disappointed that this fixture has been moved to accomodate live television coverage. Both ourselves and Chelsea were intially approached by the Premier League and asked to make representations outlining any concerns.

"Everton specifically asked the Premier League to consider the impact on our supporters travelling to Goodison Park, their work schedules and other commitments people may have.

"However we were informed today of the decision, despite our representations, that the fixture will be moved. We feel this decision sets an uncomfortable precedent of moving fixtures from a weekend to midweek and whilst we fully support and back our broadcast partners we do hope that common sense prevails in the future and sensible alternatives can be reached."

Tickets for the fixture went on sale at the Everton Fan Centre earlier this week. Any supporter who can no longer attend the fixture but who has already purchased a ticket can return to the Fan Centre where they can receive a full refund.

http://www.theleftback.co.uk/Boycott_Sky.html

No doubt it is a disgrace as a decision but lets not kid oursleves that the club's angst is caused by any sense of injustice for the fans. They may sell it as that but we all know there has been ample opportunity in the past for the club to protest about game moves due to the impact on fans, opportunities they have neglected.

Speak for the fans consistently Chelsea or speak the truth - don't mix the two to suit your own desires.

Looks like thats blown that trip,im well f**ked off!

Unless something drastic happens,the away support turnout will be an embarrasing 100-200 serious hardcore supporters.

Hardly missed a league game home or away,and wasn't planning on missing another but looks like this one has had it!

C**TS!

No doubt it is a disgrace as a decision but lets not kid oursleves that the club's angst is caused by any sense of injustice for the fans. They may sell it as that but we all know there has been ample opportunity in the past for the club to protest about game moves due to the impact on fans, opportunities they have neglected.

Speak for the fans consistently Chelsea or speak the truth - don't mix the two to suit your own desires.

Loz.. I have to disagree with you to a certain extent..

I think the biggest angst is the the timing of the fixture in terms of recovery times dont get me wrong....

But since the Kenyon times, there has been an effort of sorts for away fans, additional trains, more information, attempting to change fixtures and the fans forum. I am not saying it is their first thought but they are doing somethings.

I think sky (or whoever) have to compensate the clubs to make this move, if it was the other way round we would have the ultimate compensation to pay; could you imagine a club (other than the ones that play in red) actually getting a fixture changed. It would be nice if the club passed the saving onto the away fans if at all possible.... I am not on the bread line yet but it is just getting harder and harder to support my club.

Gem is right we will get points deducted if we have too much of an opinion, which is rediclous when both clubs are unhappy.

I'll probably pen a letter over the weekend, not sure who to but it is just outragous.

Really pissed off !

Unless something drastic happens,the away support turnout will be an embarrasing 100-200 serious hardcore supporters.

Hardly missed a league game home or away,and wasn't planning on missing another but looks like this one has had it!

C**TS!

As you know Glory we were coming with you to make up the 10 people for the train as it was a very reasonable price & all in all it would've made a great & cheap day up grim.

Sorry to say I have plenty of scouse mates (both blue & red) & was planning on meeting up with them for a mega piss up & a good ol' cockney & scouse 429.gif funny banter chinwag, but now I ain't going! And I'm as f**ked off as you are mate. actions1.gif

C**TS!

As you know Glory we were coming with you to make up the 10 people for the train as it was a very reasonable price & all in all it would've made a great & cheap day up grim.

Sorry to say I have plenty of scouse mates (both blue & red) & was planning on meeting up with them for a mega piss up & a good ol' cockney & scouse 429.gif funny banter chinwag, but now I ain't going! And I'm as f****d off as you are mate. actions1.gif

Its a right f**ker KATZ!!

We'll have to make up for it in Geordie-land at the end of season jolly!!

Loz.. I have to disagree with you to a certain extent..

I think the biggest angst is the the timing of the fixture in terms of recovery times dont get me wrong....

But since the Kenyon times, there has been an effort of sorts for away fans, additional trains, more information, attempting to change fixtures and the fans forum. I am not saying it is their first thought but they are doing somethings.

I think sky (or whoever) have to compensate the clubs to make this move, if it was the other way round we would have the ultimate compensation to pay; could you imagine a club (other than the ones that play in red) actually getting a fixture changed. It would be nice if the club passed the saving onto the away fans if at all possible.... I am not on the bread line yet but it is just getting harder and harder to support my club.

Gem is right we will get points deducted if we have too much of an opinion, which is rediclous when both clubs are unhappy.

I'll probably pen a letter over the weekend, not sure who to but it is just outragous.

Really pissed off !

Fair points Andy.

The whole Sky influence on football swings both ways. On one side I think we all acknowledge that the money they have piled into the league and the extent to which they have raised its profile, are key reasons why we now see the calibre of players in the Premiership we see today.

However on the other side we also see the the sort of thing that has happened with the Everton game.

More than anything I miss the idea of football being at 3pm on a Saturday week in week out. It made football more special for me, as there was that one time you focused on and the excitement built up because you knew that by 4.50 that day you will have played and all your rivals will have played and you knew where you were in the league. Now you have to check the internet every day just to remember who is playing when.

I can clearly see the problem for the fans who have made arrangements to go to the game and will not be compensated for travel costs in any way, but as far as the club is concerned, you can't have it both ways. JT and A Farm Grunt are saying today that it's difficult to play catch-up when the other teams at the top have won, but the Everton game will be played 2 days before Manyoo and The Arse play thus giving us an advantage, no?

Again I say I completely understand the problem for the fans, but to play two games in 4 days isn't that much of a burden on the players - we played @ Blackburn on the 23/12, home to Villa on the 26/12, home to Newcastle on the 29/12 and away to Fulham on the 1st of Jan. That's 4 games in 10 days, an average of a game every 2.5 days.

...aaaand (edit), if we get to the CL semi final we'll have 2 extra days to prepare as the 1st legs are played on the 22/23 of April - a distinct advantage if we have to play The Arse.

Swings and roundabouts............

Chelsea have taken the Everton tickets off sale this morning. Something happening?

Just seen that, wonder whats occuring, they haven't released anything to say that they are boycotting but they must have opposed or something. ::Scalf::

The club should arrange FREE coach travel for those with tickets, afterall it is the club that benefits from all the money SKY input into the game, and not the supporters!!!!!

THIS IS A DISGRACE!

There is a god bluenut, and he heard your call. bow.gif

Archived