How would you feel about Gullit?

How would you guys feel about Ruud coming back?

Firstly i doubt it would happen but i would love it if it did.

It would go some way to improving Romans relationship with the fans as well as giving him the sexy football he wants.

He's well known in football, seemed to bring out the best in players and we wouldn't have to worry about players not wanting to play under him.

He hasn't been too successful since he left but more financial backing and I really feel he could bring back all the confidence that seems to have disappeared in the last couple of months and he would also be more willing to use youngsters than Grant or Mourinho which would please Roman and us.

Your opinions?

i could go in the loft and find me guillit wig clap2.gif

i was working in nottingham when i herd the news that guillit had been sacked i was gutted

if he came back as manager i'm not sure how i would feel now

we had great times with him at the helm, rumours after his sacking were he had cracked under the pressure, ok he's a lot older now, but there would certainly be more pressure on him to succeed now than there was during his last stint

The club has moved onwards and upwards since Gullit's days. The circumstances when he took over from Hoddle are completely different from today, at the club as well as in the Premier League and the Champions League.

After Chelsea, he has managed Newcastle, the Dutch under 21s, Feyenoord, and now LA Galaxy. Not such an impressive list, IMO, and the results under his leadership were mostly disappointing.

Let him prove his worth at Galaxy for a few years; only then we can judge whether he is the right stuff for us.

Guillet would be great, but Zola would be better.

Zola in the coaching team yes, but as a manager no, not yet at least. I'd rather he cut his teeth in management elsewhere first before taking over as our manager. I'd hate the idea that he managed the club and ended up making a hash of it.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

Guillet would be great, but Zola would be better.

Zola in the coaching team yes, but as a manager no, not yet at least. I'd rather he cut his teeth in management elsewhere first before taking over as our manager. I'd hate the idea that he managed the club and ended up making a hash of it.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

Yeah true, he said on Inside Sport (I think that's what the programme is called) that he would love to manage Chels in the future, but not yet.

It would be terrible if he did bad with us and maybe it's worth a 10 year wait or so before we try and get him.

Oh and cheers, it seems a good site. But is the site UK based?

Yes it is but we have a pretty wide reaching mix of posters from local ST holders to odd fruits in Bangkok!

Yes it is but we have a pretty wide reaching mix of posters from local ST holders to odd fruits in Bangkok!

Ok, I just don't want to be posting with a bunch of people who don't really know the club. If it is mainly UK then great, you're always gonna get the odd glory boy from the otherside of the world. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok, I just don't want to be posting with a bunch of people who don't really know the club. If it is mainly UK then great, you're always gonna get the odd glory boy from the otherside of the world. icon_rolleyes.gif

That's no way to start life on a new forum - pissing off some of the regular posters.

We have members from all around the world. Some of them have been supporting the club since long before you were born and are just as passionate and knowledgeable about the club as those who are UK based.

That's no way to start life on a new forum - pissing off some of the regular posters.

We have members from all around the world. Some of them have been supporting the club since long before you were born and are just as passionate and knowledgeable about the club as those who are UK based.

Well I suppose 'some' is better than none.

To be honest mate I would wager that a large majority of our overseas posters on here know a lot more about Chelsea then you do given that you are only 16. Like ethical says you are not exactly kicking off on a particularly good foot here!

Maybe a little more courtesy wouldn't go a miss.

p.s. I am not referring to you Tim W - you are Swedish and know nothing about Chelsea

To be honest mate I would wager that a large majority of our overseas posters on here know a lot more about Chelsea then you do given that you are only 16. Like ethical says you are not exactly kicking off on a particularly good foot here!

Maybe a little more courtesy wouldn't go a miss.

p.s. I am not referring to you Tim W - you are Swedish and know nothing about Chelsea

I just have a thing against the plastic overseas fans, like I have said if they have been a fan a long time then great, but if not I will not get along with them.

I maybe only 16 but I know a hell of a lot about the club and what it means. I bet a whole lot of plastic foreigners know about the likes of Zola and Wisey, but I bet they have never even heard of George Hilsdon or the Mears brothers or maybe even 'Little Willy' lol.

Oh yeah sure there will be plastic local fans, but that is much more unlikely than foreign plastic supporters.

When do do take your GCSE in generalisations - I reckon you could be up for an A+

Lol, im on AS levels.

So you guys don't get pissed about foreign fans coming to the Bridge on matchdays and just taking pictures/videos and not actually cheering the side on?