Scolari confirmed

geezer

INTERESTING news. Now let's buy, buy, buy and ensure we keep Riccy, Michael and Frank.

Anyone got some informed ideas about who we might buy, knowing Scolari's tactics and ideas (which I don't really)

Safe to say we may see more of the Portugal team at the bridge?

Have to say I'm happy with this appointment. Ok, he doesn't have any European club experience but has done very well with Portugal at internation level and seems like a tough disciplinarian, which is what we need imo.

Lets hope he can persuade Riccy to stay and maybe bring Quaresma in with him happy0034.gif

my reservation is his reputation as a fairly defensive manager, but if he plays the football that brazil and portugal play then I'll be happy on that front, and I hope he can deal well with the british press. other than that, though nowhere near my first choice, I'm hugely relieved we've got it sorted, that we can guarantee bosingwa won't be unwanted, and that we can move on. hopefully we keep riccy and our other players feel more settled.

one thing that's pleased me about portugal so far is the move to 433 from 4231 to incorporate moutinho.

now time for endless speculation on players, eh? as ever with these things, I'm both excited and nervous.

I'm just so happy we've got a flippin manager!

Okay, let's get shopping.

This appointment is just worth it if it keeps Ricky here.

First signing: Moutinho. Snap him up before he goes on his holidays.

Get Van Der Vaart, regardless of the £££££... Then Huntelaar/Villa... or both!

Im a bit mixed about this appointment, im happy weve got a new manager and as geezer said it looks like we had him in the bag the whole time.

But im suprised he wants to come, he's never managed a club in europe before and he complained about the press coverage when he was linked with england yet its gonna be worse at chelsea 300.gif

on sky sports they are talking about it.

one chels fan has said this is the worst appointment, and said he has not got a proven track record, and that we should have gone for Wise, fell of my chair and hurt my sides laughing so much.

It will be interesting to see who now signs for us, and who leaves us.

Also i am wondering if the announcement was delayed until Jose was made manager of Inter, because he has stated many times he would love to be the portugese national team manager...... icon_lol.gif

on sky sports they are talking about it.

one chels fan has said this is the worst appointment, and said he has not got a proven track record, and that we should have gone for Wise, fell of my chair and hurt my sides laughing so much.

Sky? Posting negative CFC views? I bet 1001 happy fans were calling, but they selected that one.

Wow! That happened fast! I thought they were going to wait after the EC with announcements.

He's a really good manager so I hope he does a really good job at Stamford Bridge. I also remember him as a pain in the ass during the World Cup 06, so i'm curious to see what he will be like at Chelsea icon_lol.gif

(So, obviously my 'inside' Guus Hiddink rumour was not true... smack_head.gif )

very happy about this. firstly, hopefully he will keep riccy at the club. secondly, hopefully he`ll help rolando leave utd. thirdly, he`ll definately take no sh*t from managers like fergie, wenger etc. its gonna be a fun time with him charge. be interesting if we ever get to find out when this was sorted. ive a feeling its been done weekes ago.

edit: i cant wait to see which newspapers have the nerve to claim they had an exclusive on this weeks ago. every single one of them has named at least 5 managers that were definately gonna be our new man in the last month or so.

Archived