Drogba Staying

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I have this feeling that all the CFC bashing Drogba has done in a Chelsea shirt especially in a post-Jose period has finally come back to bite him in the ass.

He was telling anyone who'd listen how he wanted out of Chelsea and now the summer came but the other clubs don't seem to queue up for his services. I know it's still early but the only time i heard his name mentioned was in Galliani's interview about his phone talk with Kenyon, and that was that. Inter with JM seem quite willing to bide their time and look at all the options, as for others, with Eto'o, Berbatov and Villa being made available and a few other strikers aiming to impress their potential new employers at the Euros Drogba's future, considering his age,attitude and the fee Chelsea would expect may not seem as rosy as he'd imagined.

"I am really disappointed with myself (for getting sent-off)," he added.

"I lost my head completely and I let the team down. I should not have reacted in that way.

"I let myself down, the Chelsea fans, my homeland - but that is life.

"I have now lost three finals. One Uefa Cup (with Marseille), an African Nations Cup and now the Champions League, but that is football.

"Hopefully I will win the next one."

clap2.gif

thats nice of him. only took him 3 weeks and a lack of clubs wanting to buy him before he finally spoke up. id accepted he was going and after the crap hes spoken at the end of each of the last 2 seasons, was happy for him to leave. if we are gonna change the style of play then i dont think drogba will fit in. hes a striker who has to be the pivot for the attack. our play was focused on getting the ball to him as quick as possible. it was effective, but not wonderful to watch. it wasnt as bad as the critics enjoyed telling us, but still not pretty. and im not sure if he could fit into a fluid style of attack that scolari seems to favour.

I trust Scolari's judgement here. I think Drogba knows now that he won't get of the leeway he got under Mourinho and Grant with Scolari and if we really does wanna stay his going to need to grow up and stop his whinging.

If he does stop whinging, stops diving and starts getting more focused on the pitch, then we have one of the top strikers in world football, why sell him?.

I don't think he necessarily has to be the pivot of the attack to succeed. Last season he was often played as part of a two man striker force with him sometimes being the furthest forward and sometimes playing behind Shevchenko and he didn't exactly have a bad season.

dont get me wrong, if he stopped acting like an arse and just got on with playing, id be happy for him to stay. looking at the way portugal play, they have a big strong attacker at the head of their attack, so i was wrong. i just wonder if hes broken bridges (see what i did there) that cant be mended with people at chelsea.

I don't think he necessarily has to be the pivot of the attack to succeed. Last season he was often played as part of a two man striker force with him sometimes being the furthest forward and sometimes playing behind Shevchenko and he didn't exactly have a bad season.

Fair point, though I think next season we are going to probably stick with the one up top formations based on what i've seen of Scolari thus far.

The difference that I see though is that Scolari favours the 'sole striker' being supported by far more attack minded players than Jose did. Not just with Portugal but also going back to the 2002 World Cup when Rivaldo and Ronnie supported Ronaldo.

scolari does seem to like having two deep lying, defence minded midfielders, with a pivot up front flanked by two speedy attackers, and a floating central attacker. its great to watch if it works, and the two deep midfielders need to be very athletic and also good passers. we have the players to do that, other than one more winger.

no thanks mate, instead of putting his head down like the rest of the squad he chose to mouth off and in the biggest game of the clubs history, the biggest game of MY clubs history his ego got the better of him

he has no exscuse his 30 years old, and after that night he can well and truly piss off

we can get a decent price for him so we should cash in on him

not really convinced by the 'i'm staying' mantra of the article...all he's saying is that his contract runs out in 2010, well that means nothing these days...he's off...I wish fans would give him a break though and just appreciate what he did for the club...sure he f*cked up at times, spoke too much out of turn and stupidly got sent off in our biggest game, but he also made a massive contribution to our success in the last four years.

thats nice of him. only took him 3 weeks and a lack of clubs wanting to buy him before he finally spoke up.

Sadly, I'm actually thinking the same thing pretty much. I'd of loved for him to of came out and apologised straight after the match, and say how he's going to do everything he can next season to win it for us, play at his very devastating best instead of the apathetic efforts he's mostly put in for the past season, but he didn't.

I applaud what he's said, and think that on his day he can be the best striker in the world, but I dunno if this is just too little too late, and if he's only doing it because no other big clubs are after him.

Have had enough of Drogba, even if Scolari can discipline him and get him back to his best, his antic last season are unforgivable, what with his moaning to the press and champ's final actions.

If Drogba did stay i would be worried it would be at the expense of getting in a young hungry stiker like Villa.

SCOLARI.......GET THIS MAN OUT OF THE CLUB!!!

I have to say that I think his time is over at the club, both from a playing point of view and a fans. Even I've had enough and I've been one of his biggest supporters.

However I was surprised to see him posing with the new away kit on Chelsea TV just yesterday? Even if it was recorded a few weeks ago, it's still strange that a guy who everyone understands is on his way out of the club is shown modelling a kit he'll never wear!?

I can see Dorgbas relationship going 1 of 2 ways with new boss Scolari, right to the top, or right to the bottom.

If Scolari can tame Drogbas childish antics and help him mature that final step, well it could be special.

Drogba isn't going to change a huge amount now - it isn't as if he is in his early 20s with growing up to do. The Drogba we have now is the Drogba he will always be.