Stoch

waldron

Did anyone notice in those last desperate minutes on Saturday a young sub cut inside and fire in a shot that Sorensen did well to save ? Now I don't know how good this kid is but he did more in those few seconds than Skip to Malouda has done all season. Scolari has actually acknowledged he is giving the youngsters a go - who won the only header against the Stoke giants ? Di Santo. What happened ? The equaliser. Let's find a desperate club before Jan. 31st to take Deco, Malouda and Haven't got a Kalou off our hands, on loan or by easy instalments.

he did make a big impact and i would love to see him start this weekend. gd cross for the mass scramble that resulted in the winner.

i would keep kalou though. only other person willing to take a player on and show a bit of skill. a bit clumsey but he chips in with his fair share of goals and assists

Did anyone notice in those last desperate minutes on Saturday a young sub cut inside and fire in a shot that Sorensen did well to save ? Now I don't know how good this kid is but he did more in those few seconds than Skip to Malouda has done all season. Scolari has actually acknowledged he is giving the youngsters a go - who won the only header against the Stoke giants ? Di Santo. What happened ? The equaliser. Let's find a desperate club before Jan. 31st to take Deco, Malouda and Haven't got a Kalou off our hands, on loan or by easy instalments.

You can't really compare Malouda to Stoch who played the dying minutes in a game we were in desperate position to score and had everyone in attack.

Malouda has started most of the games he has played where the opposition has all the energy to defend against our wingers. I'm not saying Malouda has been brilliant far from it but he has had lot harder opposition defending against him than the all worn out but brave Stoke defence.

Don't get me wrong I was as impressed about Stoch as you did but if he'd start a game he wouldn't produce as much as he did in those dying minutes. I'm all for giving him all the opportunities he needs but we still need to be patient with him I'm afraid. Being a Super-Sub for us this year would be perfect for starters.

Why should we sell Deco? He has shown what he can do and he was really impressive(early games). He has lost his form(due to injuries and the eventual different country different life affect) and now he needs to build his form back.

No idea also selling Malouda if we are not going to replace him with left footed winger. We have already lost Bridge who could have played the wing game.

Kalou has shown what he can do and he is still very young. He is our most important attacking player after Frank at the moment. The only player who can go past players+Joey is out for the season.

I was very happy to see both Stoch and Di Santo on the pitch on Saturday and they did play well but let's not get carried away : it was closer to the end of the match, it was Stoke, they were tired and battered by then and gave us plenty of space and time.

Plus, if it wasn't for injuries, they may not have even made it to the bench.

Still, a good development and hopefully a sign of things to come.

hes too young and shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the team till hes at least 28...... :D

he did superbly when he came on and the one thing the young players do bring is a lack of fear and a direct style of play we lack at times. both stoch and di santo took the ball at players and in stochs case hes quick and nimble enough to cause problems for a tiring defence. wether they could do this if started in a game im not sure, i thnk using them as impact players is the best idea for now as it limits the expectation and pressure on them and allows them to just go out and do what they do.

BRING BACK ZOLA AND FLO!! But I'll settle for Di Santo and Stoch.

Scolari is now using the young players where as before Franco only came on for 2mins where he had no chane whatsoever of making an impact. I agree Stoch did a lot more in those 5mins than Malouda all season but I would love to see a front line of:

Stoch--------Di Santo--------Kakuta.....in the future (maybe hopefully against Ipswich) but only problem is, Scolari will not start Stoch or Di Santo this season. Now I've said that Di Santo will start on Saturday. I saw Stoch as a key player against Stoke and if given more time, he'll be able to produce more.

Remeber Aaeron Lennon was going to be next big thing a few years ago, ......it doesn't take a player long to rest on his laurels and stand still in this league.

Let's not get carried away, they are only kids and although it's nice to see them getting playing time, AND doing well, they don't need the weight of the world heaped on their shoulders. Comparing them to a player voted our greatest ever and a fans-favourite foward who was sucessful with the club is a little overboard at the moment, nice pipe dream, but unrealistic at this point in time.

I'd like to see them develop, show a bit of hunger and become a real feature in the first team, and I'm sure if they have half the humility, professionalism and half the ability of Zola, they will become legends in their own right, wherever that maybe, although we all hope it's with us!

Francis Jeffer's anyone......................no I thought not........

Stoch--------Di Santo--------Kakuta.....in the future (maybe hopefully against Ipswich) but only problem is, Scolari will not start Stoch or Di Santo this season. Now I've said that Di Santo will start on Saturday. I saw Stoch as a key player against Stoke and if given more time, he'll be able to produce more.

We should play these three together in the reserves so they build up a partnership.

As much as I'd like to see all of Stoch, Di Santo and Kakuta make it into the first team. To do so at the expense of Malouda, Kalou and Deco is just ridiculous. I mean they aren't exactly setting the world alight, but they have been infuential in some games. To say that all the youngsters would be as equally so in as little time as they have made it into the first team is being more than a little hopefull.

Yes, but Scott 9 times out of 10 in the recent weeks, Scolari has sat on his hands and not bothered with subs even when we are offensively toothless. I think part of his reservation about making changes stems from the fact that our bench is currently paper thin, and we have zero exeperienced attacking options once plan A fails (Scolari has no plan B, etc) and he would rather take his chances that the veteran players might, by chance, break a deadlock or a score an equalizer, whereas the kids are a complete wild card. But if those starters are offering nothing by minute 60-70, then I think its obviously time to get drastic and hope that fresh legs can be the difference.

I hope saturday taught Scolari a lesson with regards to subs, and I dont even mean the influence of the two youngsters in our goals because obviously that wont happen every time he brings them on. When they finally got into the game they brought on energy and vigor, and that, plus the leadership shown by our vets, definitely re-energized tired legs all over the park. Seeing Stoch blazing down the right wing made the Stoke defense think twice, and obviously the low crosses he was pouring in gave us an added threat. And by the time of the first equalizer, the team was showing desperation and tenacity pouring forward I hadnt seen since Mourinho was in charge.

Plus Di Santo hasnt yet scored. I think once he gets on the scoresheet, we will see plenty of more confidence out there from him. I base that on nothing

Yes, but Scott 9 times out of 10 in the recent weeks, Scolari has sat on his hands and not bothered with subs even when we are offensively toothless. I think part of his reservation about making changes stems from the fact that our bench is currently paper thin, and we have zero exeperienced attacking options once plan A fails (Scolari has no plan B, etc) and he would rather take his chances that the veteran players might, by chance, break a deadlock or a score an equalizer, whereas the kids are a complete wild card. But if those starters are offering nothing by minute 60-70, then I think its obviously time to get drastic and hope that fresh legs can be the difference.

I hope saturday taught Scolari a lesson with regards to subs, and I dont even mean the influence of the two youngsters in our goals because obviously that wont happen every time he brings them on. When they finally got into the game they brought on energy and vigor, and that, plus the leadership shown by our vets, definitely re-energized tired legs all over the park. Seeing Stoch blazing down the right wing made the Stoke defense think twice, and obviously the low crosses he was pouring in gave us an added threat. And by the time of the first equalizer, the team was showing desperation and tenacity pouring forward I hadnt seen since Mourinho was in charge.

Plus Di Santo hasnt yet scored. I think once he gets on the scoresheet, we will see plenty of more confidence out there from him. I base that on nothing

You've pretty much agreed with what I said. I was saying that to throw Malouda Kalou and Deco out of the team (as a poster had asked for earlier) just so we could play Stoch Di Santo and Kakuta was a little on the hopeful side. I just wish Scolari would make his subs a little sooner

You've pretty much agreed with what I said. I was saying that to throw Malouda Kalou and Deco out of the team (as a poster had asked for earlier) just so we could play Stoch Di Santo and Kakuta was a little on the hopeful side.

http://www.theshedend.com/style_images/23g...es/rte-bold.png

In that department Scolari and Jose differ the most. Remember Jose making those tactical subs just after 20 mins played. Scolari is lot more normal in that area as he makes majority of the subs at 60-75mins played, as do most of other coaches. He doesn't even make that many changes at half-time.

I agree that we need to use players like Stoch and DiSanto more but as they can be very bright momentarily in one game they lack strenght, defensive abilities, concentration etc. For example the biggest scapegoat Malouda is very good at running back to defend he could actually play as fullback if needed. Joey is also very good at back tracking.

It is not just that maybe that young guy can take on defender little bit better and sometimes his cross is super-accurate but there is 90mins to be played not to mention 20 concecutive games and so on.

i'm just glad we have someone like this to discuss. it has been a long while since we've had an exciting prospects like mancienne, kakuta and stoch worth mentioning

lets face it sinclair or sahar are never going to be good enough and other than those 2, you're going back to the days of john terry breaking through

You've pretty much agreed with what I said. I was saying that to throw Malouda Kalou and Deco out of the team (as a poster had asked for earlier) just so we could play Stoch Di Santo and Kakuta was a little on the hopeful side. I just wish Scolari would make his subs a little sooner

Malouda and Deco I agree, but Kalou? He's had 2 great games in a Chelsea shirt and as long as he gets some consistency, he really could turn out to be our best buy in years. Well...I think so anyway.

RBJ I was the person in the offseason saying that I felt Kalou could be our break through player of the year, and I am one of the few who still feel Malouda brings something to the game. I am not saying we should sell them at all! I was laughing and the ludicrous idea that they should all be sold in the hopes that the young players can come in and fill their positions straight away.

What I would like to see is a blend of playing those 3 (malouda, kalou and Deco) but subbing them (or other players not performing that day) for the young players (Stoch, Kakuta, Di Santo) sooner than 5 minutes from time

Archived