Mikel Arrested for Drink-Driving

kalpitv

Chelsea player faces drink-drive charge

By Matt Dickinson, Press Association

Chelsea football star John Obi Mikel was arrested for suspected drink-driving, it emerged today.

The 21-year-old was reportedly stopped by police at 5.30am on Saturday when driving his Range Rover near the club's ground in London's Fulham Road.

Hours later his team beat Ipswich 3-1 at home in the FA Cup fourth round, although Mikel was not part of the match day squad.

The Nigerian midfielder, who lives in Weybridge, Surrey, and reportedly earns £40,000 a week, has since been charged with driving while over the drink-drive limit, and will appear in court in April.

He faces a year's driving ban or a jail term if the offence is deemed exceptionally serious.

A Chelsea spokesman told The Sun: "We are aware (Mikel) was arrested and charged. we want to establish the facts before we comment."

The player is due to appear at West London Magistrates Court on 3 April.

Source

That is what surprises me about pro athletes. All that money, and still no sense.

Between this and Carlo, bad bad morning in the press for the club.

why is the carlo move bad press? surely the fact the club are waving a fee to allow him to move because of his loyalty to chelsea is a good thing?

why is the carlo move bad press? surely the fact the club are waving a fee to allow him to move because of his loyalty to chelsea is a good thing?

Well, I said that before I knew the full details and the reward for loyalty part. At the time, it just looked like we were selling a club favorite to Spurs.

Either way, neither of them were things I wanted to hear this morning. But admittedly, only one is a negative thing

Archived