Pato

We've discussed this a bit in other topics, but figured since things are heating up a bit with him he deserves his own topic.

Breaking News: Chelsea Target Pato Could Leave Milan Too - Agent

"Milan have to decide on Pato's situation, we are enthusiastic about Chelsea's interest for the player, but Milan have the final decision," he said to Repubblica.it. "Pato has a contract with Milan but if the club were to find an agreement with Chelsea we would be open to start negotiations.

"At the moment I cannot give guarantees to the fans that Pato is staying at Milan, the club isn't mine and only a member of the club's management can give an answer to that question."

We've discussed this a bit in other topics, but figured since things are heating up a bit with him he deserves his own topic.

Breaking News: Chelsea Target Pato Could Leave Milan Too - Agent

"Milan have to decide on Pato's situation, we are enthusiastic about Chelsea's interest for the player, but Milan have the final decision," he said to Repubblica.it. "Pato has a contract with Milan but if the club were to find an agreement with Chelsea we would be open to start negotiations.

"At the moment I cannot give guarantees to the fans that Pato is staying at Milan, the club isn't mine and only a member of the club's management can give an answer to that question."

Blimey the season is 3 days finished and already its madness.

One of the figures bantered about is £45M which would be stupid money and I don't believe we would pay anything like that ammount.

Could well be just agent talk looking to get him a better contract.

Anything over 18 million would be silly. I think this is going to be a very very SILLY season. Roman has spent very little, comparitively, in the past two seasons...think it's only been Malouda and Bosingwa that we actually paid for. So I am sure the press are thinking to themselves

"Roman's not spent"

"Terry says 3rd isn't good enough so they'll be pulling out all the stops!"

"Ancelotti, eh? Who's good at Milan that he'll want to take with him"

"Pato and Kaka, they're decent, right? Lets throw darts and whatever our 3 dart total comes to, that's what price we'll say!"

"I say, 45, not bad....wow 73, that's kaka sorted"

Scott

I wish people could just be upfront about these situations like Kaka saying no way hes leaving Milan then suddenly one day after real madrids new president arrives oh rm made an offer cya. Can we not just get told straight what's happening for once lol.

Pato + Aguero or Villa

Zhirkov or Ribery

Just bring one each of the above options and we'll be set for next season easily.

I wish people could just be upfront about these situations like Kaka saying no way hes leaving Milan then suddenly one day after real madrids new president arrives oh rm made an offer cya. Can we not just get told straight what's happening for once lol.

Pato + Aguero or Villa

Zhirkov or Ribery

Just bring one each of the above options and we'll be set for next season easily.

I think we also need someone on the right midfield.

Joey Cole, and his soon-to-be bulletproof-ness?

Yea but I thought he stated this year he wants to play his more natural role more in the middle attacking section of the park. In any case, I think we should always have two players for each position in case of injury. Anelka played there a lot this year, but we also played a 4-3-3, and that wasn't exactly his favored position.

Yea but I thought he stated this year he wants to play his more natural role more in the middle attacking section of the park. In any case, I think we should always have two players for each position in case of injury. Anelka played there a lot this year, but we also played a 4-3-3, and that wasn't exactly his favored position.

Ahhh that makes sense. Calling up Stoch properly not enough?

Could well be just agent talk looking to get him a better contract.

That's my thought too.

3 days in and we've apparently signed two players (according to the Mail) - Sturridge and Zirkov, had a £4384803m last minute bid for Kaka declined and hot on the track for Pato and Dzeko!

We'll end up signing 1, maybe 2 in the end.

Oh wait, do we count Ballack's contract extension? Is anyone excited that we've got him for another year?

That's my thought too.

3 days in and we've apparently signed two players (according to the Mail) - Sturridge and Zirkov, had a £4384803m last minute bid for Kaka declined and hot on the track for Pato and Dzeko!

We'll end up signing 1, maybe 2 in the end.

Oh wait, do we count Ballack's contract extension? Is anyone excited that we've got him for another year?

I am, a little.

Ahhh that makes sense. Calling up Stoch properly not enough?

Yea forgot about him, he could be class. Still though, unless Joey wants to play right midfielder all year, I think we need someone for that role. Thought Quaresma would be able to fill it, but we all saw what happened to him.

Cheers for the update Matt, for some reason I thought they'd bought him in the low teens. Someone who watches more Serie A than I do could maybe shed a little light on how regularly he's played for AC. I've usually seen him come on as a sub. Plus, has he done enough to warrant anything over a 20 million price tag?

Pato is only 20 FYI, and the supposed future of Milan. I'd expect him to go for 25+m. I'd prefer Di Santo to play for us though, he seems like a good lad... I'm a firm believer of sticking with the current squad and perhaps just getting 1 or 2 signings to make our squad big enough to compete for 4 honors.

Pato would be a good signing for chelsea, he could gain some experience playing wiht drogba and anelka, which di santo and sutrridge would benefit from as well.

we could sell kalou, buy zhirkov as his replacemtn, then two solid men on the left flank with malouda and zhirkov, then i believe stoch or kakuta could compete for the right side of the field with cole, as he could provide them some experience, the midfield is strong already, and you could put ballack on when you need some good experience, only get rid of deco, the only person i'd possibly sign is sessignon. sign bruno alves to help are defense and sell carvahlo

other players to sell would be maybe disanto on laon, mancience to everton on loan maybe, shevchanko for about 5 million, pizarro to werder, kalou and belleti both gone.

this squad could play in a 4-4-1-1 with drogba and maybe pato behind him, or in a 4-3-3 which is ancelottis favoured formation, it could have both men out ride or attackers behind the striker ( which would be drogba pato or sturridge)

I said this before, I'd prefer Pato over Kaka if given a choice. He's only 19 and has an average of a goal every two games, already in the Brazil national team and he's got a great celebration. :)

AlexandrePato_468x524.jpg

Thinking about it now he might be worth £25m but £30m-£38 I am not too sure. It would be a smarter move in my opinion than a David Villa, who I actually think might end up in Barcelona with Eto going to City. I reckon if we get him & Sturridge, we would be sorted for many summers but it makes me think one of Drogba/Anelka would be on the outs