Jose alienating Inter fans

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Seems like Jose has upset Inter fans. One thing he was always sure of getting at Chelsea was the fans adulation. Not so in Italy it would seem

Thousands of Inter fans protested at the Appiano Gentile training ground this morning when Jose Mourinho locked them out.

The team was all set to train under the applause of its supporters, but when around 5,000 turned up to the ground this morning, they found the gates locked.

In a change of plan, Mourinho had ordered the squad to warm up in a different area of the campus away from the prying eyes of the media and fans.

The decision did not go down well and many jeered their Coach for cutting them out the day before the season opener against Bari.

I get the feeling Jose has been disillusioned with Italy. It's been what - a little more than a year and he's managed to pick a fight with almost everybody - other managers, journalists, his own players, his former players and now fans.

I can see him getting the sack if they don't do well in the CL (as I fully expect ) again.

I agree Virosh. I dont think its going at all like he expected. I expected (and maybe he did too) a dynasty at Inter with him at the helm.

As Geezer said, here he could always count on the fans. "Jose Mourinho for PM" "Jo-se Mour-in-ho Clap clap clap clap clap clap". The media here picked occasional fights, but mostly ate out of his hand. Ferguson and him were buddy buddy and he was winning trophies like it was going out of style.

In Italy, its like he can count on nothing. Granted, with decisions like this, and his personality, its not like he is helping himself.

Whenever I read comments in the media about Jose, it really seems as if he doesn't respect Inter. I mean, saying sh*t like 'I could manage Manchester United', while managing Inter, is a bit rude.

That's the egomaniac all over though isn't it?

What do you guys think he considers his dream job to be? He isn't the happiest manager in the world at Inter Milan it seems.

I think he had it and was sacked from it 2 years ago. With a historically 'big' club, there are expectations of behavior and achievement.

When he came here, there were expectations alright, but he absolutely shattered them. 6 trophies in 3 years is a hell of a haul. He had the love of players, fans, a big bank account to play with, and probably most important to him, he was the embodiment of the club, more than the owner or the players, in the eyes of the media.

He seemed to be larger than life when he was here. I think thats all Jose wants. I think he knows that unless things go very, very well, he will be just another good manager at clubs like Inter, ManU, Real Madrid. Whereas, at Chelesa, he was rightly the most successful manager in club history.

I just hope City dont hand him a similar opportunity soon. Having had the experience of Chelsea, something tells me he would last alot longer by being less wasteful, and keeping his mouth shut

I was coming down the M5 on the flyover past Walsall last week, there in the distance I could see this familiar face approaching, low and behold its Jose peaking his head over the side of the flyover, all lit up on one of those large billboards, something about sky HD. I gave him a wink as I drove by, bless him.

I was coming down the M5 on the flyover past Walsall last week, there in the distance I could see this familiar face approaching, low and behold its Jose peaking his head over the side of the flyover, all lit up on one of those large billboards, something about sky HD. I gave him a wink as I drove by, bless him.

You gave him a what? Oh a wInk, right I get it now

I think he had it and was sacked from it 2 years ago. With a historically 'big' club, there are expectations of behavior and achievement.

When he came here, there were expectations alright, but he absolutely shattered them. 6 trophies in 3 years is a hell of a haul. He had the love of players, fans, a big bank account to play with, and probably most important to him, he was the embodiment of the club, more than the owner or the players, in the eyes of the media.

He seemed to be larger than life when he was here. I think thats all Jose wants. I think he knows that unless things go very, very well, he will be just another good manager at clubs like Inter, ManU, Real Madrid. Whereas, at Chelesa, he was rightly the most successful manager in club history.

I just hope City dont hand him a similar opportunity soon. Having had the experience of Chelsea, something tells me he would last alot longer by being less wasteful, and keeping his mouth shut

Bang on, WW. Agree with every word of that.